HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

How is the economic crisis effecting teams in Germany?

Old
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
HockeyInsider87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
The Euro is still right were it was last summer. There may be some trouble in the Euro-zone, but the currency isn't dropping to levels it hasn't seen in the past.

Why should players demand more money now?
The last time they negotiated contracts, the Euro was were it is now. It was only during the season that it started to rise.

Nothing against Kassel, but with that kind of behaviour they simply shouldn't be in the DEL. They burned bridges from day one, no one with common sense does that. They are acting a bit like Jim Basillie, meaning, you shouldn't get on the bad side of someone you want something from.

Now, everyone knows the the DEL is a bit of a joke, but the Huskies are even worse. It appears like they knew they couldn't convince the other teams that they deserve to be there, so they went for the worst possible option, slam everyone you can find.

I really would like to know the reasoning behind the injunction, because I certainly can't see any valid argument for it.
The Euro has been over 1.50 USD for the past 2 years or more. It's now under 1.20 That's quite a drop for players and teams to deal with.

Sanderson, have a look at any financial chart and you will see the Euro has been strong each of the past 3 summers so your info in wrong.

HockeyInsider87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Scorpions players boycotted training last week because they didn't get their money on time.

Gosh, I wish they would fold already.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 07:28 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Scorpions players boycotted training last week because they didn't get their money on time.

Gosh, I wish they would fold already.
luckily john tripp will play for free.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
fuechsken

Officially the training session was cancelled due to technical problems

If Hannover doesn't crash this season, they will next summer, when they have to reduce their budget to 50%.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyInsider87 View Post
The Euro has been over 1.50 USD for the past 2 years or more. It's now under 1.20 That's quite a drop for players and teams to deal with.

Sanderson, have a look at any financial chart and you will see the Euro has been strong each of the past 3 summers so your info in wrong.
Soory to bring up this old one, but I completely forgot about it.

No, I wasn't wriong. As a matter of fact, I looked up all the numbers right before posting, and most of the time, the Euro was around 1.30, with the occasional peak. It made absolutely no difference to the players, as they knew exactly what kind of money they were getting. They didn't sign their last contract at 1.50 and had it drop to this season. The Euro was at 1.30 when they signed their last deals, and it was at 1.30 when they signed their new deals.

I really can't see Hannover surviving with that kind of budget next year. With that kind of reduction, having to play in a rather expensive big arena is making things even worse.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:48 PM
HockeyInsider87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Soory to bring up this old one, but I completely forgot about it.

No, I wasn't wriong. As a matter of fact, I looked up all the numbers right before posting, and most of the time, the Euro was around 1.30, with the occasional peak. It made absolutely no difference to the players, as they knew exactly what kind of money they were getting. They didn't sign their last contract at 1.50 and had it drop to this season. The Euro was at 1.30 when they signed their last deals, and it was at 1.30 when they signed their new deals.

I really can't see Hannover surviving with that kind of budget next year. With that kind of reduction, having to play in a rather expensive big arena is making things even worse.
Totally disagree with your claims. First of all if you think it wouldn't make any difference to players that they lose 20-30% off their paychecks then I'm not sure it's worth bothering with this back and forth. Secondly, I just checked financial charts again and this past summer was 20-25% lower than the previous 2 summers. Attendance seems to be okay in the DEL and in most ESBG cities this year so hopefully team management and owners are finding ways to be more efficient with their budgets. The leagues need security.

HockeyInsider87 is offline   Reply With Quote