HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-van

Old
03-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Ched Brosky

vCash: 500
Col-van

COL gets:
G Corey Schneider (8.0B)
LW Pierre Cedric Labrie (6.0C)

VAN gets:
D Kevin Shattenkirk (8.0B)

Colorado loses their best prospect, but they have 4 other defenceman in their top 10 prospects (all of whom are now lower than 7.0C).
In return, a great goaltending prospect who should be able to wrestle away the starting goaltender job away from Budaj and Raycroft. Something that the Avs desperatley need.
A project LW who could become a gritty 3rd line player.

Van gets a good defenceman (potential #1Dman) who can help ease the probable loss of Ohlund.
They lose a potential franchise goalie, but with Luongo here, that loss is easily swallowed. They also lose Labrie, but have many players in the system just like him.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 03-20-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:19 AM
God
Free Citizen

Colorado wouldn't do it. We'd have to give up way more in the first proposal.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:23 AM
chewey
dmitri

Considering that 1st pick could be either Duchene, Kane, MSP, Tavares or Hedman I'd rather not trade the 1st rounder. Plus the Avs can just draft a goalie. Goalies are a crap shot in each round so chances of finding a good goalie in the 2nd round are just as likely in any other round and I'd rather take a chance at that than trading away Shattenrik and our 1st in 2009.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:30 AM
shadow1

Bad deal. The Avs could potentially draft a franchise player this year with their pick.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Pyke*

No.

I like the Avs 1st + Shattenkirk is a great def prospect, and Schneider isn't that great.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
No.

I like the Avs 1st + Shattenkirk is a great def prospect, and Schneider isn't that great.
The 1st was part of the first proposal which I deleted because it was not well liked.

Schneider is a top 3 goalie prospect. With him are Rask and Markstrom. Although some could argue Pavelec is around the same level. One thing is for sure though, he is arguably the best goalie not in the NHL. Mckenzie flat out said Cory Schneider is the best goalie not in the NHL on off the record.

Can't really say the same for Shattenkirk as Pietrangelo, Hedman (when he gets drafted) and Alzner are definately better. He is around the same level as McDonagh, Goliogski, Blum, Karlsson, Myers, and Hickey.

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:59 AM
PeterTheGreat

I'd like to keep Shattenkirk thank you.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Golden Foppa

Nope. We're keeping Shattenkirk.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:03 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
The 1st was part of the first proposal which I deleted because it was not well liked.

Schneider is a top 3 goalie prospect. With him are Rask and Markstrom. Although some could argue Pavelec is around the same level. One thing is for sure though, he is arguably the best goalie not in the NHL. Mckenzie flat out said Cory Schneider is the best goalie not in the NHL on off the record.

Can't really say the same for Shattenkirk as Pietrangelo, Hedman (when he gets drafted) and Alzner are definately better. He is around the same level as McDonagh, Goliogski, Blum, Karlsson, Myers, and Hickey.
Source? I am sure you could probably rank Bernier, Enroth, and Varlamov up there. I don't know if they'd fall for no. 3 but I am sure they'd be able to at least challenge Schneider. There are also Michael Neuvirth, Justin Pogge, Riku Helenius, Brian Elliott, Jon Quick, Jimmy Howard, Daniel Larsson, Leland Irving, Brian Elliot, Harri Sateri and Chet Pickard who may not be top 3 but aren't too far behind themselves in terms of talent and NHL potential. Unless something has happened to the goalie prospects since I last checked which isn't impossible since I don't check goalies too often.

Most goalies on my list aren't below 7.5 [since you used HFboards rankings yourself].

Last edited by chewey: 03-20-2009 at 02:09 AM.
chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
There are also Michael Neuvirth, Justin Pogge, Riku Helenius, Brian Elliott, Jon Quick, Jimmy Howard, Daniel Larsson, Leland Irving, Brian Elliot, Harri Sateri and Chet Pickard who may not be top 3 but aren't too far behind themselves in terms of talent and NHL potential. Unless something has happened to the goalie prospects since I last checked which isn't impossible since I don't check goalies too often.

Most goalies on my list aren't below 7.5 [since you used HFboards rankings yourself].
Pogge has put up some pretty "meh" numbers in his 2nd year in the AHL (not that his 1st year was all that great either - though that is to be expected from most rookie goalies in the AHL).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:45 AM
futurekos22*

Schneider is a top 3 goalie prospect.

futurekos22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:59 AM
lefty2time*

One thing Philly and Colorado have in common...they need a young no1 goalie for the future.....Schneider looks like he fits the bill.when Luongo resigns...Schneider would look good either wih the avs or flyers.

Goalie is the most important position...i think its funny how some Avs fans say "no no ...not trading him for Schneider" when its like..okay......have fun sucking forever with crap between the pipes.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
voxel

Goalie prospects simply don't have much trade value... most of them bust. Until an AHL goalie proves to be Steve Mason or Rinne... their value is below a 1st round pick.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Schneider is a top prospect. There is really no denying that. And I doubt very much that Gillis would even consider moving him to the Avs... you don't deal the best goalie prospect the organization has ever drafted, and one that is just tearing up the AHL already, to a division rival, no matter how comfortable you are in the goaltending position. I'd rather see him dealt for less to the East than to take the risk of him going to a division rival that could come back to bite us hard for years to come.

Last edited by Doctor No: 03-21-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: QEP
NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Goalie prospects simply don't have much trade value... most of them bust. Until an AHL goalie proves to be Steve Mason or Rinne... their value is below a 1st round pick.
I pretty much agree with this. Goalies that haven't dominated or played very well at the AHL level would (in most cases) have even less value (Pogge).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Pretty much. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Schneider back-up Luongo next season. With the olympics next season, and Luongo expected to be a big part of the team along with Brodeur, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks look to cut his starts down a bit. We all know Luongo wants to play as much as he can, but his injury this year, and him coming back early to only re-aggravate it must concern Canucks' management just a bit. If Schneider can come in and give 15-20 quality starts that would take a load off Luongo and if Schneider can play well and prove his worth not only would it improve the fortunes of the Canucks, but also improve Schneider's trade value.

IMO Schneider has nothing more to prove or learn at the AHL level. Keeping him down there could only hamper his development. He needs to be at the NHL level adapting the speed and talent up here, not dominating against lesser competition. 15-20 starts while learning from one of the best goaltenders in the world and a great goalie coach in Ian Clark would be great for his development IMO.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:16 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Would rather just draft a goalie. Schneider is still far from ready to be an NHL starter, as his stint in the bigs this year showed. The Avs are going to be a weak tier team for at least 2-3 years after this season. I dont think the Avs should trade a guy like Shattenkirk.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:55 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Would rather just draft a goalie. Schneider is still far from ready to be an NHL starter, as his stint in the bigs this year showed. The Avs are going to be a weak tier team for at least 2-3 years after this season. I dont think the Avs should trade a guy like Shattenkirk.
Schneider needs to get some consistent time up on the pro's he'd get enough time to get comfortable. Problem was AV (at least this is my opinion) never let the kid get more than a game here or there and didn't show confidence in him and as such when he played the team itself played like they couldn't trust there keeper which was more the problem then Schneider's play.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Pure

While I like Scheider and think he played well in some of the games while he was called up, goalie prospects simply aren't worth that much in terms of market value until they play well in the NHL so why overpay now?

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:15 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
Schneider needs to get some consistent time up on the pro's he'd get enough time to get comfortable. Problem was AV (at least this is my opinion) never let the kid get more than a game here or there and didn't show confidence in him and as such when he played the team itself played like they couldn't trust there keeper which was more the problem then Schneider's play.
Bottom line though, does anyone, even the biggest Vancouver homer in the world think Schneider can step in next year and be a starter? Nope. 3, 4, or 5 years down the line he could be a brilliant number one he has the potential. But I think the Avs can find someone in the draft and keep Shattenkirk.

As much as the Avs have goalie problems, they have not developed a single good defenseman since they moved to Denver. Liles being a top 4 guy is all they've had to show for 12 years. They need Shattenkirk.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Bottom line though, does anyone, even the biggest Vancouver homer in the world think Schneider can step in next year and be a starter? Nope. 3, 4, or 5 years down the line he could be a brilliant number one he has the potential. But I think the Avs can find someone in the draft and keep Shattenkirk.

As much as the Avs have goalie problems, they have not developed a single good defenseman since they moved to Denver. Liles being a top 4 guy is all they've had to show for 12 years. They need Shattenkirk.
That's partially because they traded several of their defensemen.

Look at LA, PHX and uhm... a third team; forget who; who they've traded defencemen to over hte years.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:58 AM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

Quote:

Look at LA, PHX and uhm... a third team; forget who; who they've traded defencemen to over hte years.
Calgary. Robyn Regehr.

VikingAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:12 AM
dubey
So hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
COL gets:
G Corey Schneider (8.0B)
LW Pierre Cedric Labrie (6.0C)

VAN gets:
D Kevin Shattenkirk (8.0B)

Colorado loses their best prospect, but they have 4 other defenceman in their top 10 prospects (all of whom are now lower than 7.0C).
In return, a great goaltending prospect who should be able to wrestle away the starting goaltender job away from Budaj and Raycroft. Something that the Avs desperatley need.
A project LW who could become a gritty 3rd line player.

Van gets a good defenceman (potential #1Dman) who can help ease the probable loss of Ohlund.
They lose a potential franchise goalie, but with Luongo here, that loss is easily swallowed. They also lose Labrie, but have many players in the system just like him.

Thoughts?
PROTIP: Hockeyfuture's ratings are hilariously bad

Do you think Tampa Bay would trade Stamkos for Shattenkirk or Schneider?

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
Source? I am sure you could probably rank Bernier, Enroth, and Varlamov up there. I don't know if they'd fall for no. 3 but I am sure they'd be able to at least challenge Schneider. There are also Michael Neuvirth, Justin Pogge, Riku Helenius, Brian Elliott, Jon Quick, Jimmy Howard, Daniel Larsson, Leland Irving, Brian Elliot, Harri Sateri and Chet Pickard who may not be top 3 but aren't too far behind themselves in terms of talent and NHL potential. Unless something has happened to the goalie prospects since I last checked which isn't impossible since I don't check goalies too often.

Brian Elliott is so good he makes the list... twice!

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:57 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

Regehr to Calgary and Gilbert to Edmonton.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote