HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Completely OT Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
The Completely OT Thread II

Anything off topic just use this thread. Keep it civil as usual, heh.

Here is the previous:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=560178

Last edited by usiel: 05-20-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old
03-20-2009, 12:05 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
no sympathy from me.
At least you guys have lacrosse.

Old
03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
At least you guys have lacrosse.
We have every sport but the big two. We've won 11 of the last 12 ACC swimming championships. We're in the NCAA baseball tourney every year. We won the Women's lacrosse title in 04, and Men's lacrosse in '99, '03, and '06, and are a unanimous #1 right now. We were runners up in Tennis last year, and last I saw we were in the top 5 this year. We finish in the top 20 in that All-sports ranking they do almost every year without any help from football or Men's basketball.

Old
03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
sikosmurf

Alright. I'm doing it. Taking the plunge. Gonna take basic skating lessons at the Columbia ice rink and then take hockey specific lessons. There will most likely be little kids running circles around me, but **** it. There's a new session starting up at the end of the month. *sigh*

Old
03-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikosmurf View Post
Alright. I'm doing it. Taking the plunge. Gonna take basic skating lessons at the Columbia ice rink and then take hockey specific lessons. There will most likely be little kids running circles around me, but **** it. There's a new session starting up at the end of the month. *sigh*
If you were closer to me, and it wasn't spring, I'd join you. Alas, I'm working 10 hours every day, and every spare minute I have goes into marathon training and sleeping.

Old
03-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikosmurf View Post
Too bad you're in Baltimore, there's an excellent and cheap clinic for adults at the Herbert Wells rink in College Park.

Old
03-21-2009, 05:51 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1100
it looks like i wont be catching a football match in london. But we did party down in a cool vodka bar called Revolution in Hammersmith, or maybe it was Chiswick. But it was get hammered time.

Its kind of cool the way they measure out all the booze in cocktails. Mixed drink consistency in america is a foreign concept. Sure its nice to get a strong ass drink but often you get a weak or nasty one. Not in Europe.

Old
03-21-2009, 01:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

And Manchester United loses at Craven Cottage. Awesome. They should be without Rooney, Scholes, and Vidic for a huge match against Aston Villa next week. If Liverpool takes care of business tomorrow, the title race is back on in a big way.

Old
03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
i hate you, Wake Forest.

Old
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Sounds like Irrational (I tend not to call them 2k Boston) is working on an X-Com: UFO Defense remake.

Which would be the freaking bee's knees if it turns out to be true.

Old
03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

What's 5 of 6 in a parlay worth... Nothing. F U Dayton for not keeping within +8.

40 bucks into 640 gone on one damn team.

I love vegas. Vegas with a 3 month old = upgrade to a suite at luxor!

Old
03-23-2009, 12:09 AM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
i watched Big Love for the first time tonight.

i found it incredibly awkward. that being said, i plan on watching it more often.

Old
03-23-2009, 12:25 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Does anyone here watch Breaking Bad? I'm not really a big tv person, but this is a damn good show.

Old
03-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Sounds like Irrational (I tend not to call them 2k Boston) is working on an X-Com: UFO Defense remake.

Which would be the freaking bee's knees if it turns out to be true.
Is that the project Ken Levine is working on? I don't know much about X-Com, but if it's a Ken Levine project I'll buy it.

Old
03-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Is that the project Ken Levine is working on? I don't know much about X-Com, but if it's a Ken Levine project I'll buy it.
Levine is the head of whatever the project is. You can read more here.

Edit: The pertinent quotes that address (but don't prove or disprove) the rumors:

Quote:
KL: I personally own four copies of X-Com. I just bought the whole series again on Steam. I even spent a few hours last month playing (God forgive me) X- Com: Enforcer! Now that's love.

On a completely unprofessional side note, I'm going to name-drop and say I met Sid Meier at E3--one of the perks of working for Take-Two. He had this kind of Zen-master serenity thing going on about him, but I think I creeped him out with my nerdy, 1,000-yard fanboy stare.

Back to X-Com. I will say that I'm probably the world's biggest X-Com [fan]. I won't say I'm working on an X-Com game.
Take-Two Interactive, which owns 2K, does own the X-Com license.

Last edited by Marshall: 03-23-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Does anyone here watch Breaking Bad? I'm not really a big tv person, but this is a damn good show.
I only really watch hockey, but I caught that show on tv lastnight and enjoyed it.

Old
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Anyone else think the BSG finale was a cop-out?

Old
03-23-2009, 02:46 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I was out of town and just heard that Maryland's Greivis Vasquez screwed over my terps by providing bulletin board material for Memphis. Saying he owned Cameron led to a 41 point drubbing against duke earlier in the year. What an idiot; no wonder they shot the lights out on us and ended our season.

Old
03-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Foy

One weekend down in the tournament, 15 out of 16 teams correct, first place. I'll take it.

Old
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Anyone else think the BSG finale was a cop-out?
Yup.

Old
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Levine is the head of whatever the project is. You can read more here.

Edit: The pertinent quotes that address (but don't prove or disprove) the rumors:

Take-Two Interactive, which owns 2K, does own the X-Com license.
am I the only one who thinks that Bioshock is vastly overrated?

Old
03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

i didnt like bioshock i stopped playing after the first level. i reformatted my c and was never inspired enough to continue even though i reinstalled and had my saves. I need a new game to fill the 2 games in 10 day gap.

Old
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Stu Macher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
i didnt like bioshock i stopped playing after the first level. i reformatted my c and was never inspired enough to continue even though i reinstalled and had my saves. I need a new game to fill the 2 games in 10 day gap.
I loved Bioshock, but I can see how it wouldn't be someones cup of tea. I think the graphics are really good, but whats really important is the plot and character development. I think the game was great for that, and really had a movie vibe.

By the way, does anyone on here care about wrestling? In my experience, people either love it or hate it. I love it, and if Jericho is actually going to fight a few 60+ year old (legends, but still 60+) guys and lose (I don't see any way they're going to have Y2J win), it's going to suck.

Old
03-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I felt the same way about Bioshock at first. It was very disorienting, and felt like the story sucked, it just takes a while to get into it. I'd advise you to try another level or two. Once the storyline gets moving, it's a very good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicMackey500 View Post
I loved Bioshock, but I can see how it wouldn't be someones cup of tea. I think the graphics are really good, but whats really important is the plot and character development. I think the game was great for that, and really had a movie vibe.

By the way, does anyone on here care about wrestling? In my experience, people either love it or hate it. I love it, and if Jericho is actually going to fight a few 60+ year old (legends, but still 60+) guys and lose (I don't see any way they're going to have Y2J win), it's going to suck.
The card pretty much blows top to bottom this year. The only thing I really want to see happen is Christian winning money in the bank.

Old
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Stu Macher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
The card pretty much blows top to bottom this year. The only thing I really want to see happen is Christian winning money in the bank.
I'd love for Christian to win MOTB. He's a really skilled wrestler with good personality, I always thought they kind of wasted him (I guess thats what happens when your the "other guy" in tag teams with Edge and Y2J). I don't think he would leave TNA, where he's a huge name just to be a jobber in the WWE.

Jeff and Matt Hardy fighting will probably suck, and the Jericho fight is going to be an abomination. It could be ok if Jericho, Edge, or Orton were able to were able to win their matches. That would be pretty unexpected, and real cool.

Closed Thread