HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice: A.Kost and D'Ago: OUT !

Old
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I was just looking at that draft today. I don't know why I torture myself. I really don't.
Its painful, stop doing that to yourself.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I was just looking at that draft today. I don't know why I torture myself. I really don't.
Urquhart

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
madbox

Eleven games remaining and our leading goal scorer is scratched. Not that he hasn't been playing like ass as of late... I LOVE THIS SEASON

Last edited by madbox: 03-20-2009 at 04:40 PM.
madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I trust Gainey, but this move is questionable. Andrei is a one-shot scorer, and even though he is slumping, he needs a couple of chances to make a difference. You have to keep him in the lineup.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
smiler2729

Andrei Kostitsyn still plays for this team? Haven't seen him in weeks.

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
jean004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Like the title said... in the training he got the scratch jersey.
I don't agree with Kostystin being scratched....I couldn't believe last night that he put him back with Kovy and Plek. I would much rather see this line up:

A Kost - Koivu - Tanguay
Pacioretty/D'Ago - Pleck - Kovy
Higgins - Lapierre - Latendresse (Higgins has more hands then Kosto)
Kosto - Metropolit - Stewart/Laraque

I think this line up gives us a better chance to win. A Kost was creating things with Tanguay and Koivu, as Higgins is not really....

while Lapierre/Latendresse and Kosto have made a good lineup...too many plays end up nowhere because Kosto has no hands/loses the puck, I'd see Higgins working well along the boards here and making good passes to either Lapierre and Latendresse.

Kovy and Pleck make a good duo and were playing fairly well with Pacioretty, although I could see D'Ago having success on this line as well. One thing for sure, I think Kovy and A Kost need to remain on separate lines.

jean004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Thorn

Ever since the hit earlier in the season, he has been 'off'.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Captain Saku

this is not the time to send stupid messages to players not playing up to their potential!

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Andrei is a disappointment to me. He's got so much talent. Why does he become invisible so often??? He's got the skills to be a point per game Player.. Why he can't attain this is beyond my understanding...

Hopefully he'll change...

Easy answer...

His hockey sense is below or average at best... Compares to his brother Sergei Kostitsyn, he is not even in the same league in terms of hockey sense... Sergei's understanding of the game is top notch

Yes, Andrei has really great TECHNICAL SKILLS (stickhandling, Shooting) that can makes up a little for his lack of understanding of the game...

The results is that everybody think he's better than he really is... just because of his flashy style of play.

The truth is, Andrei will never be a consistent offensive weapon because of that... his offensive vision is not of the one of a PPG player... On top of that, his work ethic let to be desired...

He will need a good centerman to set him up, because I don't think he'll ever be the offensive catalyst of his line. He is a sniper, reminds me lots of Petr Sykora...

Sykora always needed a good centerman to set him up, same goes for Andrei...

Now, if only the Habs could bring back Sergei Kostitsyn...

It is clear like water that Andrei is missing his little brother... Andrei looks emotionless out there, also bad work ethic, looked slow as hell, no motivation at all.
For example, his shootout vs the Rangers Tuesday... Andrei missed the net completely, than skated back to his bench looked emotionless, seems like he didn't care at all...

The ANSWER: Bring back SERGEI KOSTITSYN for GOD SAKE !!!!

If what it takes to bring back Sergei is a couple of loss, than be it...

P.S: Another guy that should be kicked out of this town is this useless guy Christopher Higgins... I'm sick and tired of this arrogant grinder...

Last edited by Erika: 03-20-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
deandebean

Big Tit has been missing since the "affair" broke out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Easy answer...

His hockey sense is below or average at best... Compares to him, he is not even in the same league as his brother Sergei Kostitsyn in terms of hockey sense...

Yes, he has really great TECHNICAL SKILLS (stickhandling, Shooting) that makes up for his lack of understanding of the game...

The results is that everybody think he's better than he really is... just because of his flashy style of play.

The truth is, Andrei will never be a consistent offensive weapon because of that... his offensive vision is not of the one of a PPG player... On top of that, his work ethic let to be desired...

He will need a good centerman to set him up, because I don't think he'll ever be the offensive catalyst of his line. He is a sniper, reminds me lots of Petr Sykora...

Sykora always needed a good centerman to set him up, same goes for Andrei...

Now, if only the Habs could bring back Sergei Kostitsyn...

It is clear like water that Andrei is missing his little brother... Andrei looks emotionless out there, also bad work ethic, looked slow as hell, no motivation at all.
For example, his shootout vs the Rangers Tuesday... Andrei missed the net completely, than skated back to his bench looked emotionless, seems like he didn't care at all...

The ANSWER: Bring back SERGEI KOSTITSYN for GOD SAKE !!!!

If what it takes to bring back Sergei is a couple of loss, than be it...

P.S: Another guy that should be kick out of town is this useless guy Christopher Higgins... I'm sick and tired of this arrogant grinder...

You think he's arrogant? I just find him useless.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-21-2009 at 03:39 PM.
deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I am happy to see this lineup! It will add muscle against Toronto. I hope for an old school game with lots of fights, hits and goals.

And anyway, the way A.Kostitsyn was playing, its better to have a guy who can play a physical game, especialy against Toronto.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Send D'ags back to Hamilton.

I wish Sergei was up for this game.
D'Ags won't go back down.

He's not on the Hamilton playoff roster.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
They could scratch any one off the team. They all deserve it.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They could scratch any one off the team. They all deserve it.
Gainey should scratch Jarvis, no point in having Lever in the press box.

Old
03-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Dark4ng3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Gainey should scratch Jarvis, no point in having Lever in the press box.
He should have just put Lever in as interim head coach instead of dragging him around like this. Now his boss basically said that lever is not a candidate to coach this team next year. This coaching staff fails...

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Originalsix

As per Pat Hickey.. @ http://habsinsideout.com/main/17609

Looking likely Komisarek might be a healthy scratch.

////

Bob Gainey said he won't make any final decisions until tomorrow morning but it appears that defenceman Mike Komisarek and forward Andrei Kostitsyn will both be healthy scratches for tomorrow's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

In practice today, both players were in positions which would suggest that they were not in lineup but Gainey sometimes he wants to send players a message and that the only firm decision he has made is to start Jaroslav Halak in goal. He said that decision was made earlier in the week and that Halak would have started even if Carey Price had a good game in Ottawa, which he didn't.

Komisarek practiced with Mathieu Dandenault while Josh Gorges took Komi's spot alongside Andrei Markov. The other defence pairings were Ryan O'Byrne and Roman Hamrlik and Patrice Brisebois with Mathieu Schneider.

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:26 PM
NewHabsEra*

Fine! Thats quite deserved.. The next one to sit is Kovy and I wouldnt be surprised to see him kicked out from the team for good.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
He should have just put Lever in as interim head coach instead of dragging him around like this. Now his boss basically said that lever is not a candidate to coach this team next year. This coaching staff fails...
I.Love.Your.Avatar.

Edit: Oh, and you're right.

Old
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Maximus Taylor

I find the lack of leadership of the Habs' youth disconcerting. While I do not know if it's because it being contained by vets or because it is non-existent, but there is no one guy on this team who seem able to carry the team for even one period. it's sad really and I do not expect it to change next year. AKost should be a menace this year, he isn't. Plex, Higgins, anyone... We're expecting 35 year olds to carry the team, night after night, and the fact is, Koivu did it only a couple of times in his career, and Kovalev did it as much.

I feel like a broken record, but unfortunately, only Kosto and Lapierre seem to care (most of the time) in the O squad.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I thought that D'Agostini played reasonably well last night but Andrei was horrible. What really worries me about him is that he's starting to look more and more like Kovalev in his work ethics and mind set.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Two of my favourite players in Komo and AKost.

I love the move.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Frankc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Andrei is a disappointment to me. He's got so much talent. Why does he become invisible so often??? He's got the skills to be a point per game Player.. Why he can't attain this is beyond my understanding...

Hopefully he'll change...
Well, He is a point per game Player this year when he's not playing with Kovalev.. He got something like 31 pts in 34 games while he get 9 pts in 33 matches when he's playing with Kovalev.

That's why I'm starting to think that Gainey is as much dumb as Carbo. Is it so hard to see that you need to seperate those 2 lines. Plus, Kovalev is playing like if he was in AHL right now.. thinking he can fool everyone with basic dekes..

Frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
Well, He is a point per game Player this year when he's not playing with Kovalev.. He got something like 31 pts in 34 games while he get 9 pts in 33 matches when he's playing with Kovalev.

That's why I'm starting to think that Gainey is as much dumb as Carbo. Is it so hard to see that you need to seperate those 2 lines. Plus, Kovalev is playing like if he was in AHL right now.. thinking he can fool everyone with basic dekes..
or even worse

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Habs

Never thought I'd see the day when I was glad to see Komisarek get a game off for Dandenault.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

AKost says he doesn't feel the puck on his stick anymore

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote