HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demers: They have burnt Price !

Old
03-20-2009, 04:23 PM
CanadienErrant*

vCash: 500
Demers: They have burnt Price !

Demers is going onto a rant about the fact that Price was left alone at 20 in Montreal instead of being surrounded by some parents or father-figure like Crosby is, Ovechkin and Lecavalier have been.

Montreal is too much a "dangerous" place for an immature young man. !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:26 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
The fans and the media are as much responsible for that as the Habs management.
Explain !

So the kid can do wathever he wants as long as the medias don't know about it ?

Nonsense !

Old
03-20-2009, 04:26 PM

He himself last year and early this year couldn't bring up the name Carey Price without it being followed by the name Patrick Roy at some point in the sentence. The dilemma for any young player in this organization who has talent, will be that he will always be compared to the greats of the past...any goalie will be compared to Roy/Dryden/Plante...any goal scoring forward to Lafleur/Richard/Shutt/Cournoyer...any center to Beliveau/Richard...any defensman to Harvey/Robinson/Savard/Lapointe...any coach to Bowman/Demers

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Habs

Well, he's right. BG left his stranded when he traded Huet and never brought in a veteran to guide him.

BG also built a team of ******* that doesn't do **** to stick up for its franchise player.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
fans ? media ? what the hell are you talking about

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
fans ? media ? what the hell are you talking about
They're responsible for blowing his head up...we've all annointed him as the 'next one' before he proved anything. That's our responsibility as well, same deal with the media if not more.

The successes of the Montreal Canadiens past, cast a large shadow on the future

Old
03-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
They're responsible for blowing his head up...we've all annointed him as the 'next one' before he proved anything. That's our responsibility as well, same deal with the media if not more.
First of all, at first, most people were really down on him and the Canadiens sold him as the best goalie to ever come out of the WHL. People are not responsible for his bahaviour, he is. The Canadiens didn't help him out, so they're responsible for not helping him. Other than that, ther rest is insignificant in the equation. Guillaume Latendresse's name isn't popping out in any stupid stories off the ice, nor is Pacioretty's name. Price isn't a child anymore and he's accountable for his mistakes. I understand you love those guys and all, but at some point stop blaming everybody else for their mistakes.

Old
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

The success' of the past, cast a large shadow on the future
Lecavalier was announced by the ex TB owner to be the Hockey's Michael Jordan....

The guy was well surrounded by his agents and parents. He just progressed nicely.

Crosby is living at Mario's mansion...

Ovechkin's mom spent 2 years in Washington...

Old
03-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Gary320

Who are the parents-father like figures for Ovechkin.. and even Vincent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Lecavalier was announced by the ex TB owner to be the Hockey's Michael Jordan....

The guy was well surrounded by his agents and parents. He just progressed nicely.

Thanks for answering before I even asked lol.

On other note, I think I can argue the fact that Montreal downtown area and the Washington/Tampa are probably COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I was 20... alone in Montréal.... I didn't do drugs. I got tanked pretty often.

They have Brisebois, he's old and probably not popular.

On maybe a side note, Malkin had Gonchar, but who did Marc-Andre Fleury have ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
First of all, at first, most people were really down on him and the Canadiens sold him as the best goalie to ever come out of the WHL. People are not responsible for his bahaviour, he is. The Canadiens didn't help him out, so they're responsible for not helping him. Other than that, ther rest is insignificant in the equation. Guillaume Latendresse's name isn't popping out in any stupid stories off the ice, nor is Pacioretty's name. Price isn't a child anymore and he's accountable for his mistakes. I understand you love those guys and all, but at some point stop blaming everybody else for their mistakes.
I said the media and fans should share the responsibility of having burnt Price out.

I never said that Price was innocent in all of this...it's squarely on his shoulders. But this is all too typical of hotshot players in Montreal, even Ribeiro said it best, people love to build players up in Montreal, but enjoy tearing them down just as much.

When things are going great, said player is the best and gets compared to the greatest Habs of all times...yet when things aren't going so well, he's blasted and left to fend for himself.

The players in Montreal need more support from everyone

Old
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Well, he's right. BG left his stranded when he traded Huet and never brought in a veteran to guide him.

BG also built a team of ******* that doesn't do **** to stick up for its franchise player.
When Gainey got here this team was in a shambles with very little in the way of prospects to look out for. He's actually done a great job with this team.

We're just lacking a true superstar scorer. If we get that player, we'll be in great shape.

I sincerely hope that Gainey doesn't leave if we miss the playoffs because that would be the worst possible thing for this franchise.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
habaholic

Quote:
Demers is going onto a rant about the fact that Price was left alone at 20 in Montreal instead of being surrounded by some parents or father-figure like Crosby is, Ovechkin and Lecavalier have been.

There's 2 ways of doing it if you ask me. There's the "Crosby" way which is to make sure he never makes a mistake, make sure he's always under control and there's the "Price" way, which is to give the kid some rope and see if he'll hang himself with it. If he does, this is where you jump in and teach the lesson and hopefully the person grows stronger because of it.

BG's daughter who passed away (may she RIP) had a drug problem growing up (after her mom passed of cancer) but with the help of father, she came too and became a better person after it, unfortunately she didn't live long enough to continue on that vein.

My point, dealing with young players should be like raising your own children, and there isn't only 1 way of doing it, every parent handles their children differently.

Alot of the 80's habs (Corson, Chelios, Svoboda, Nilan, etc...) went throught the same growing pains....let's be patient will we?

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Bob thought the idea of giving the team to rookies and young men in Montreal was a good idea. And now they're crumbling under pressure. Lats should have stayed junior(even if he's doing well), Price should be a backup goalie, Max Pax and Dags should be in Hamilton. Just look at our defensive squad: Had Bob not try doing some sort of submersive rebuilding we would have Markov, Rivet, Sourey, Streit, Komi(supported by friends like Rivet). And finaly Cube to finish the squad. A group of solid experienced guys on D ready to go to war with anybody.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
I said the media and fans should share the responsibility of having burnt Price out.

I never said that Price was innocent in all of this...it's squarely on his shoulders. But this is all too typical of hotshot players in Montreal, even Ribeiro said it best, people love to build players up in Montreal, but enjoy tearing them down just as much.

When things are going great, said player is the best and gets compared to the greatest Habs of all times...yet when things aren't going so well, he's blasted and left to fend for himself.

The players in Montreal need more support from everyone
that support will come from the team. Fans have been great with him. Nobody has booed him like they booed Brisebois a few years ago.

You have Pat Willis as your avatar, the guy went through hell with his family, people have been tough with him all along, including Singletary at all time and he's turning out pretty good. It seems like in Montreal we should be on our knees to this team and players.

Old
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Totally different situations...please realize that i'm not trying to say Price isn't the one at fault. He's the one who has let himself slide, especially off the ice, but the media and fans are also responsible for enflating the ego of what was once a humble guy.

Old
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

On maybe a side note, Malkin had Gonchar.

So add you plus the fact that your the goaltender of the most storied franchise in hockey history in a city where hockey players are god.. and the fact that so many people have so much hope for you and where your a HUGE celebrity and everywhere people are offering you free stuff.. or wanting to hang around with you.

You could see how he could get into the wrong hands.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
CGG

Quote:

I don't get it. He's saying Montreal was supposed to hire a nanny for a 20-year old professional hockey player? Huh?

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
that support will come from the team. Fans have been great with him. Nobody has booed him like they booed Brisebois a few years ago.

You have Pat Willis as your avatar, the guy went through hell with his family, people have been tough with him all along, including Singletary at all time and he's turning out pretty good. It seems like in Montreal we should be on our knees to this team and players.
you're not seizing what i'm saying...again, i'm not saying that Price isn't the one responsible for this. After all, he's an adult and he makes his own decisions.

However, if you think the fans and especially the media, don't have a role to play in his fall from grace, you're kidding yourself. I just find it ridiculous for Demers, a guy who again, couldn't mention Price's name last year and early this year without bringing up Roy right after, would now try to put ALL the blame on the Habs management

Weak

Old
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
you're not seizing what i'm saying...again, i'm not saying that Price isn't the one responsible for this. After all, he's an adult and he makes his own decisions.

However, if you think the fans and especially the media, don't have a role to play in his fall from grace, you're kidding yourself. I just find it ridiculous for Demers, a guy who again, couldn't mention Price's name last year and early this year without bringing up Roy right after, would now try to put ALL the blame on the Habs management

Weak
Whether Demers mentions Roy's name or not doesn't matter much IMO. We all know Roy played for this team and has put standards really high for any goalie to follow. Cutler is always compared to Elway, Rodgers to Favre and so on, that's just how it is in any sport in any city.

Old
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
chleios24

Quote:

At the beginning of Lecavalier's career...Enrico Ciccone watched over and made sure he didn't get derailed if you know what I mean.

chleios24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
MathMan

There might be a bit of overdramatizing here. Price had been good for a while before his last game and he'll have a rough game from time to time, particularly at his age.

It's probably a bit early to say he's burnt out for good...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So add you plus the fact that your the goaltender of the most storied franchise in hockey history in a city where hockey players are god.. and the fact that so many people have so much hope for you and where your a HUGE celebrity and everywhere people are offering you free stuff.. or wanting to hang around with you.

You could see how he could get into the wrong hands.
Yup, which is why I brought up MAF. Drafted first overal, high hopes, but yet nothing happened with him.

How come Halak hasn't been affected ?

IMO, if this is true, then new players should live with older ones for a year, or two.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Whether Demers mentions Roy's name or not doesn't matter much IMO. We all know Roy played for this team and has put standards really high for any goalie to follow. Cutler is always compared to Elway, Rodgers to Favre and so on, that's just how it is in any sport in any city.
First of all...trying to compare Cutler to Elway or Rodgers to Favre is a joke and those comparisions will ultimately fail.

I just think that it's weak of Demers to try to throw the Habs organization under the bus in regards to Price because where was he last year when Price was playing great, was he going on the radio telling people the Habs need to surround him better?

No he wasn't...I hate when people try to play Monday Morning QB

Old
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

On maybe a side note, Malkin had Gonchar, but who did Marc-Andre Fleury have ?
yeah, but you were prob. broke, alone, and had a hard time gettin laid

Price, not so much.

gee is offline   Reply With Quote