HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Is this Jersey Legit?

Old
03-20-2009, 05:03 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Is this Jersey Legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150332700905

Sorry for making a new thread for this, just lock it when we figure it out.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
DickTony

Mine's got a reebok box on the bottom front corner with a size listed in it, similar to NBA jersey's...looks pretty much the same other than that

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
pelts35.com

While it might be an authentic jersey, although based on the pricing I have my doubts, the nameplate is not even close to being right. For one the letters aren't straight (notice the first R is higher than the S at the end) and the letters are too close together. Also, the C on the front looks to be too small.

Personally I think it's a fake, but it's up to you if you think it's worth $110.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Flyers2112

my 2 cents; it doesn't look very good to me, especially the name banner, the cutouts in the letters are round, not supposed to be......

Flyers2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:22 PM
ilovetheflyers8

here's a blank third for 89.00
https://www.coolhockey.com/cart/item...ls.php?id=2116

Richards For $125 http://southjersey.craigslist.org/clo/1071905629.html this one looks legit but it doesn't have the reebok patch at the bottom like this one does http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_img so it isn't I guess

Blank third $85 http://www.icejerseys.com/item_details.php?id=7362

Blank third &115 w/ free shipping http://www.fansedge.com/Philadelphia...S_010=51-41110

edit: I think the second one may have screen printed parts and third one has a sewn flyers logo and the rest screen printed- read the fine print--- In the first one there are ccm tags in the jersey and reebok paper tags hanging out?

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 03-21-2009 at 11:07 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

That doesn't look legit to me. I've sent authentic jerseys to Exclusive Pro to get them customized. Those guys do the actual on ice jerseys for the Devils, Caps, and some of the NHL All-Star games. The stitching on the inside does not look like this:

In fact, I ordered what turned out to be a fake authentic on eBay and the inside stitching on the numbers looked just like that. Also the item location was listed as New York, but it arrived from China. When I contacted the seller and asked for a refund because I knew it was fake, he gave me my money back and said I could keep the jersey. He was probably making them so cheap in some sweat shop that it wasn't worth the return shipping cost.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:27 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Nope.

Just look at the "R"

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Brophy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DLVI%26ps%3D54

a friend of mine gets his stuff from this guy and he loves using them.

pretty sure there fake but they look good at least.

Last edited by Brophy: 03-20-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
It's not even close. I can tell by looking at the numbers and the nameplate.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:10 PM
riskyxxbusiness

one thing that i've noticed with the new thirds is present here too. it drives me crazy.

i have a blank third waiting to get GIROUX on there, but here's where i see the problem with most jerseys:

this is how the sleeve numbers look on the new thirds:

but all of the places i've seen put number on blanks always have the smaller numbers, and center them in the sleeve. while this might visually look more balanced, i still want mine to be like the real ones...so i need to make sure whoever puts numbers on mine has the larger numbers.

riskyxxbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
IrishSniper87

Fake Fake Fake

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Then my brother is a sucker!

I told that dumbass. Ha

Okay, Lock this ****.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskyxxbusiness View Post
but all of the places i've seen put number on blanks always have the smaller numbers, and center them in the sleeve. while this might visually look more balanced, i still want mine to be like the real ones...so i need to make sure whoever puts numbers on mine has the larger numbers.
Is yours a replica or an authentic? The authentics have a smaller white segment in the shoulders, hence the overlap on double digit numbers. The replicas are wider so the numbers do not overlap into the orange.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 07:12 AM
riskyxxbusiness

son of a *****. you're right. i knew mine was a replica, and i have no problem with that, but the damn white stripe looked way too large. as did the logo.

so in short, since i have a rep, no big numbers for me?

riskyxxbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 03:16 PM
forzanerazzurri

NO no no no no. People..please stop buying crap like this off eBay or looking on eBay for it. 99.999% of it is fake. Whether it is headphones, memory cards, or clothes of any kind.

forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM
jackofhearts

I don't understand why the people who make fake jerseys can't get the Rs done right. Everything else looks so legit...but those fake octagonal Rs really give it away.

I bought a black Briere jersey on ebay for $50 and it looks great in all regards except the Rs. I figured it was probably made dirt cheap in some sweatshop but it says on the label that it was made in Canada (which has legit labor laws). Is the label BS or is there some other explanation?

jackofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:47 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofhearts View Post
I don't understand why the people who make fake jerseys can't get the Rs done right. Everything else looks so legit...but those fake octagonal Rs really give it away.

I bought a black Briere jersey on ebay for $50 and it looks great in all regards except the Rs. I figured it was probably made dirt cheap in some sweatshop but it says on the label that it was made in Canada (which has legit labor laws). Is the label BS or is there some other explanation?
If it cost $50 it probably wasn't made in Canada, but who knows? I originally figured part of the reason the jerseys are so expensive is because they are made in Canada, which I'm okay with because that means a lot of the money is going to the workers, but I think most Jersey's even the Edge ones are made in Asia- but that's just my guess I am no expert. I don't have a jersey of my own to back this up- except for one caps replica center ice jersey with no name on it from a few years ago- not sure where its made. Then again you don't want money to stop going to those factories because you don't want the workers to get nothing.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 03-21-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old
03-21-2009, 05:58 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskyxxbusiness View Post
son of a *****. you're right. i knew mine was a replica, and i have no problem with that, but the damn white stripe looked way too large. as did the logo.

so in short, since i have a rep, no big numbers for me?
A single digit player number would be less noticeable - a replica third with a 2-digit number done to spec wouldn't overlap into the orange.

Old
03-21-2009, 06:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Faker than the boobs on a Las Vegas stripper.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 06:05 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Guys, let me tell you a secret. A lot of what you find on ebay are "factory seconds", so to speak. Some of them are botched and have only one flaw on them and it will rarely, if ever be noticed. However, some sellers are completely fake. If you find a guy who sells seconds at a good price, go for it. I have gotten two from a guy and they're top notch, almost the exact same as the one I got at the arena except for a tiny cosmetic flaw or two. All the tagging etc is identical.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
NO no no no no. People..please stop buying crap like this off eBay or looking on eBay for it. 99.999% of it is fake. Whether it is headphones, memory cards, or clothes of any kind.
There is plenty of legitimate stuff on eBay. Are there fakes out there? Of course there are, but it's ridiculous to say that 99.999% of it is fake.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
So? I buy headphones off there. They look real, they work as if they're real. Who cares?

Maybe if more people decided to buy them off eBay instead of paying the extortionate prices they charge on NHL.com we'd all be better off.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
ilovetheflyers8

I just realized reebok edge jerseys like the one here don't have the reebok tag at the bottom, but if its really cheap and doesn't have the tag its probably just fake or it could be a flawed one like mentioned above but who knows?

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_img

Edit 1: But do they make a reebok edge 3rd? there isn't one on nhl.com though I've seen ones elsewhere

Edit 2: I guess they might make reebok edge 3rds because Reebok's website doesn't even have most of their products

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 03-21-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old
03-21-2009, 10:11 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

just had nhl send me the premier 3rd jersey to replace the richards one that i bought off of ebay that i had autographed..... i am totally amazed at the shoddy work..... mind you this was the premiere jersey with customization from the web site. so double tackle twill was not used and its important to know that. but the 79.99 " fake " jersey has better workmanship although it was made iwith actual sewn dbl takle twillnstead of the heat pressed plastic letters and numbers.

1)
they use smaller numbers then they are supposed to.

2) the captains c is horribly tiny.

3) the numbers are practically at the wrist.

4)the top one is the "fake" jersey from ebay...the bottom one is the official NHL jersey from them
the name plate. no solid, just a peice of jersey material appliqued. in the light orange bleeds thru.

5) closeup of the name plate of the "fake" jersey bought from ebay for 79.99

the name plate on the " official nhl.com premiere the fake stitchings silkscreened on are pretty funny. its the name plate that bothers me. its just a peice of fabric.

Whatever someones decision is that is up to them, you should just know what your getting into when you buy from NHL.com what sucks is i cant send it back because im a fat ass and its a 3 xl. and they didnt sell 3xl richards jerseys. i had to buy the blank one and have them customize it.

just be careful.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:30 PM
FlyerCub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Edit 1: But do they make a reebok edge 3rd? there isn't one on nhl.com though I've seen ones elsewhere

Edit 2: I guess they might make reebok edge 3rds because Reebok's website doesn't even have most of their products
Yes, they do - I got my authentic back in December through shop.NHL.com when they were doing free customizing on the authentics. The availability on the Flyers authentic third decreased around the holidays and eventually got pulled from the site after being on backorder for delivery around this time of year. I guess they're filling the backlog of orders and waiting for more product.