HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Newsday on Komisarek

Old
03-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
If Isles fans want Komo, we'll sign and trade him with fellow Isle resident Chris Higgins and our first if the Isles get that first overall and give us Tavares in return

Otherwise, dream on, as Steven Tyler says.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:41 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Like whom, aside from Bouwmeester?
The prime target is definitely Francois Beauchemin... better overall than him and won't cost much more maybe 500k...

There's also a lot of capable d-men : Ohlund, Morris, Blake, Aucoin...

The problem isn't Komisarek, it's his cost... right now, his price his overrated and the way he's playing he doesn't deserve much more than 2-2,5mil, he might be injured, but even when he was healthy at the beginning of the season, he was crap...

I don't want to be crippled with a long term contract for a player who isn't worth half of his salary.

If he asks for too much, I prefer a quick fix (like Aucoin or Morris) than being stuck with a crazy contract.

And finally, between paying 5mil for Komisarek and 7mil for J-Bo, I take J-Bo (and there is still Pronger...)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Interesting, thanks. But if Komisarek continues playing the way he has this year, I won't be sad to see him go somewhere else at an inflated price. He's likely a healthy scratch tomorrow and he fully deserves it.

@Bob: It's not an iron-clad policy...he re-signed Koivu during the season a couple of years ago when this supposed policy was in place. I'm sure he would make exceptions as he sees fit.
For all we know, he might already have some type of verbal agreements with some players.
It's not because we don't know what he's doing that he's not doing anything.

You can argue all you want about his ''policy'', but imagine today he'd announce the resigning of Koivu. Every media out there would jump on him about it, questioning Koivu's heart, leadership, saying he never lead us anywhere, he doesn't speak french and that he'll become the longest Captain of Habs history. It would create another zoo in Mtl, especially if the amount of money/years involved were big.

Like the policy or not, I think we can agree it would be a big distraction if the players the media don't ''like'' were resigned.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
If Isles fans want Komo, we'll sign and trade him with fellow Isle resident Chris Higgins and our first if the Isles get that first overall and give us Tavares in return

Otherwise, dream on, as Steven Tyler says.
My guess is that you would have said that last summer if I had predicted that Streit would sign with the Isles, and then go on to be one of the better dmen in the league.

As for Komi, basically, Gainey has two choices: The Habs can either let Komi walk and lose him for nothing, or sign him at an inflated price. Expecting to sign him at UFA prices, and them move him a week later for a 1st overall, is just ridiculous. There has never been a deal like that in NHL history.

I think the dream on quote holds nicely for your fantsies of getting first rounders from the Isles.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 03-21-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote