HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Doing what we do best: Caps @ Canes - March 21st

Old
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
dogbazinho

vCash: 500
How about we mix things up a bit Mo and start with Babchuk/Pitkanen next PP. I'm tired of seeing Corvo skate along the blue line for a minute.

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
daikan
sad times

Send a message via MSN to daikan
So.. 18-10 in shots, is it lopsided?

daikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 07:23 PM
dogbazinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikan View Post
So.. 18-10 in shots, is it lopsided?
Nah. It's a close game. We've had a PP advantage. I think the Caps were better in the 1st and we've been a bit better so far in the 2nd.

Old
03-21-2009, 08:04 PM
WalkerBabe

Let's do it, guys! The monkeys DO NOT want to stay in the cage tonight!!! LET'S GO, 'CANES!!!

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Sad King Jimmy
That's hockey baby!

vCash: 50
Wow, Larose...

Sad King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:09 PM
CarolinaHurricanes85

Send a message via AIM to CarolinaHurricanes85
I just tried BBQ for the first time in my life. I now see why it is so good. I have seen the promised land. good stuff.

CarolinaHurricanes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Sad King Jimmy
That's hockey baby!

Gleason would tear off Semin's arms and start beating him with them...

Old
03-21-2009, 08:16 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Babchuk with a monster.

Two goals we scored by defensemen parked in fron of the opposite goal

dmonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Sad King Jimmy
That's hockey baby!

THE ANTON!

Old
03-21-2009, 08:23 PM
dogbazinho

Ovechkin is too elusive to have gotten caught with that and why he wasn't more pissed. Heady play by him. Clearly a penalty but it wasn't dirty.

Old
03-21-2009, 08:24 PM
CarolinaHurricanes85

stupid stupid play by Brindy...damn those hits can be so dangerous....just plain stupid.

Old
03-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Sad King Jimmy
That's hockey baby!

CORVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The shorthanded goal!

Old
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneshockeyguy View Post
stupid stupid play by Brindy...damn those hits can be so dangerous....just plain stupid.
Brind'Amour didn't do anything there. Ovechkin dove into the boards because he thought he could draw a penalty there and it worked. Rest assured, if Ovechkin ever gets boarded like that he's jumping back up and going at somebody. There is none of this sheepish "oh no i'm a victim!", kind of attitude that he showed when he got back up in Ovechkin's game. He sold that one.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Old Uncle

Scorvooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
From behind the net - Carolinas net !!!!!!!!

Old Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:38 PM
dogbazinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Brind'Amour didn't do anything there. Ovechkin dove into the boards because he thought he could draw a penalty there and it worked. Rest assured, if Ovechkin ever gets boarded like that he's jumping back up and going at somebody. There is none of this sheepish "oh no i'm a victim!", kind of attitude that he showed when he got back up in Ovechkin's game. He sold that one.
Exactly. I watch Ovechkin alot, my favorite non-Cane and he only gets hit when he wants. Ovechkin dodged about 3 hits then stands straight up a few feet from the boards when he knows Brind'Amour was right behind him. There was nothing Rod could have done. A dive? Not really but he put himself in a position to draw that penalty. He's a smart, tough player. Clearly a penalty but I don't think there was any malice there by Brind'Amour

Last edited by dogbazinho: 03-21-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old
03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
dmonk
doughberle

LOL at Ovechkin running all the way back only to say kiss to the puck behind the goal line.

Monster victory...

Now to the most important game of the season so far - Florida.

EDIT: Columbus with a huge last minute victory over Florida in regulations. LOL at Panthers.

Old
03-21-2009, 08:40 PM
WalkerBabe

GOOD ONE, GUYS!!! WAY TO GO!!!

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:20 PM
CioCio

I liked Ovy's "crumple" to ice there to sell the call. He practically lowered himself to the ice it was so gradual. I'm also glad that by the end of the game there wasn't a Caps fan to be heard in the crowd. Good game to watch, everybody stepped up. Whitney's been fantastic with the puck recently, easily our best puckhandler. He's a treat to watch.

CioCio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
dmonk
doughberle

One big concern after tonight is Cullen's health.

Forslund said on post game report that Cullen wasn't 100% before the game and left early during this game. Lower body concern and Forslund wasn't too optimistic we'll see Matt on Monday night.

At least, this would explain why Seids was on PP tonight.

Old
03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Hurrah, I stay alive in the GDT playoff race. And my record of defensemen scoring when I create a GDT remains. Pitkanen, Babchuk, and Corvo. Good night for defensive scoring.

That being said, I, once again, feel we got lucky with the officiating. A lot of calls could have just been a single, or a penalty and a double minor. The hook and the dive was luck, the matching roughing penalties was luck, and we were really lucky that, for whatever reason, they didn't call two penalties on the Pitkanen/Green scrum.

I mean really, Pitkanen gets called for high sticking. Clearly, a penalty. Then the scrum appears, but only Green gets the roughing? Pitkanen gave as good as he got. Lucky calls there.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:27 PM
CarolinaHurricanes85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
That was my kneejerk reaction as I saw it happen on real time.

Old
03-21-2009, 09:28 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Hurrah, I stay alive in the GDT playoff race. And my record of defensemen scoring when I create a GDT remains. Pitkanen, Babchuk, and Corvo. Good night for defensive scoring.

That being said, I, once again, feel we got lucky with the officiating. A lot of calls could have just been a single, or a penalty and a double minor. The hook and the dive was luck, the matching roughing penalties was luck, and we were really lucky that, for whatever reason, they didn't call two penalties on the Pitkanen/Green scrum.

I mean really, Pitkanen gets called for high sticking. Clearly, a penalty. Then the scrum appears, but only Green gets the roughing? Pitkanen gave as good as he got. Lucky calls there.
Since when did you become Panthers fan?

I am glad you also enjoyed your b-day party. What a relief for all those folks who had their 1st NHL game.

Old
03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 1832
My friends, I have just received a message about how the Canes won this game.

ECU and his buddies intercepted the failboat in the open seas and re-routed it to Sunrise, Florida. They were successful in their mission as the failboat arrived with 2:46 remaining in the game there.

ok, seriously though.

Other then the first period a solid effort by the Canes. And with Ward having a much better night in terms of rebound control and overall positioning then he had against the Isles he kept them in it until the team finally decided to start playing.

Babchuk has been absolutely amazing down the stretch, in my opinion our best skater. I keep waiting for him to revert to his old form and cost us the game in a manner that is normally only fitting of players like Hutchinson or Melichar. It hasn't happened.

Staal had a strong game and easily could have had more then one assist tonight.

For all the flak I've sent Brindy's way this year, I'm glad he announced he's coming back, because gentlemen, he IS back. Huge game for the man again tonight. I was expecting him to return to this form about a month or so earlier, but he is indeed back.

Just a huge win, absolutely tremendous effort in the last 40 to come away with that one. Matched the Caps in the 2nd after the Caps took the game to them in the first. And then absolutely outplayed them in the 3rd. It was a closer game then the 4-1 score would indicate by all means, but the team that played the hardest in the end came out on top.

Quote:

I'll agree with you entirely on the Pitkanen one. But the first one was an absolutely blatant dive. They don't call it that way all the time but McCreary is one of the best in the business and he got it right. The matching roughing? Nah we see that ALL the time, that was fair too. There were a few too many shots on Gleason after the initial scrum for them not to call it both ways.

Last edited by DaveG: 03-21-2009 at 10:00 PM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:

You have been spending too much time down there in the Florida forums.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:48 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
My friends, I have just received a message about how the Canes won this game.

ECU and his buddies intercepted the failboat in the open seas and re-routed it to Sunrise, Florida. They were successful in their mission as the failboat arrived with 2:46 remaining in the game there.
My thought exactly...

Someone please write ECU Guy and pass our big thanks for all his brave and dangerous undercover missions.