HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bipolar disorder

Old
03-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Fire Brunet*

vCash: 500
Bipolar disorder

Hey what's up with Habs "fans" calling out every player after a loss?

Last year we all loved the way Komi, Price, Koivu, Higgins etc. played and now that they are struggling a little we want to trade them all.They're humans after all and they will have tough stretches here and there, just like me and you, what ever the reason is.
We all witnessed Komisarek going to war every night, Price playing like an excellent NHL goalie, Koivu taking over games in the playoffs and Higgins scoring 27 goals last year. We know the potential is there and that some of our players' best years are still to come (Price is 21, Komi is 26. Higgy is 26 FFS), so why panic and trade everyone when we obviously know they can still perform at a high level?

I'm not saying we shouldn't be mad at them for underachieving, we obviously should be, but don't you think they are too? They are all proud athletes and they want to show us that they can still shine as soon as next year and make us forget what has been a pretty tough year for us fans. It struck me when I read a thread this morning asking about Carey Price's value, I was like "Are you serious?"...

Bottom line is, we need to control our emotions as fans. We have every right to be angry,but let's not forget that we have very promising young players that have yet to enter their primes and it would be a shame to trade them away for nothing... LeClair, Ribeiro, Vokoun anyone?

Just my $1-$0.98

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:56 PM
ScherbakAttack

They get paid millions to play hockey. If they can't play well, they deserved to be boo'ed. If they play well, they will get cheers.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
They get paid millions to play hockey. If they can't play well, they deserved to be boo'ed. If they play well, they will get cheers.
You missed the point, buddy.

Old
03-21-2009, 12:59 PM
ScherbakAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
You missed the point, buddy.
No, you said we shouldn't trade them/boo them just because they aren't doing well right now.

I said if they don't do well they deserve to be boo'ed.
And if they do bad for a long period of time, then yes, they deserve to be traded.

Old
03-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Thinkbig

You avatar says it all.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
j52

Fan is a diminutive of fanatic. A fan has the right to do as he or she pleases, as long as it is lawful. We can praise or dis players, as we wish. If someone disagrees with our views that is his option.
I have been a Hab fan since 1956. I have seen the great teams and players. I have seen the terrible ones of the past 30 years. Not everyone thought that last year's team was a powerhouse. Not everyone goo-gooed over every player. This year's version underperforms 90% of the time. The players should be dissed - loudly and often.
Remember that "Cheer, cheer, buy more beer" has been the mantra of the Leaf ownership since 67.
We don't need that here.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Hey what's up with Habs "fans" calling out every player after a loss?

Last year we all loved the way Komi, Price, Koivu, Higgins etc. played and now that they are struggling a little we want to trade them all.They're humans after all and they will have tough stretches here and there, just like me and you, what ever the reason is.
We all witnessed Komisarek going to war every night, Price playing like an excellent NHL goalie, Koivu taking over games in the playoffs and Higgins scoring 27 goals last year. We know the potential is there and that some of our players' best years are still to come (Price is 21, Komi is 26. Higgy is 26 FFS), so why panic and trade everyone when we obviously know they can still perform at a high level?

I'm not saying we shouldn't be mad at them for underachieving, we obviously should be, but don't you think they are too? They are all proud athletes and they want to show us that they can still shine as soon as next year and make us forget what has been a pretty tough year for us fans. It struck me when I read a thread this morning asking about Carey Price's value, I was like "Are you serious?"...

Bottom line is, we need to control our emotions as fans. We have every right to be angry,but let's not forget that we have very promising young players that have yet to enter their primes and it would be a shame to trade them away for nothing... LeClair, Ribeiro, Vokoun anyone?

Just my $1-$0.98

I like your post ... but we were right to question ribeiro's attitude, the guy faked a dislocated shoulder during a game and was famous for being Montreal's #1 binge drinker.

getting niinimaa in return wasn't the fans doing.

letting Leclair go before a breakout year wasn't the fans doing.

Letting Vokoun sit on the bench for the likes of other goalies at the time was not the fans doing.

the list goes on forever.

the fans called out brisebois for earning 3.4 m while playing like crap. In my opinion, that's the only decison the montreal fans have been involved in.

the management changed a bilion times and saku is still there holding hands with gillett's son. I'll be the first one to say he improved since last year , mainly because he was given good wingers and because his nickname ain't captain hook anymore. But before labeling our fans as the devil's work , consider the patience we all had with him. He'll break beliveau's record ...while never ending up being no where near beliveau's devotion, talent and performances.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 03-21-2009 at 01:10 PM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
No, you said we shouldn't trade them/boo them just because they aren't doing well right now.

And if they do bad for a long period of time, then yes, they deserve to be traded.
1-I said that we have the right to be angry at them.
2-I suggested to be patient because their best years are still to come
3- Every NHL player is a millionaire and we can't do anything about it, so don't give me that "They're millionaires, they should get boo'd" crap, because as far as I know Aaron Downey is richer than I will ever be and he can barely skate.
4-If you trade one of our millionaires you will get another millionaire back and if he underachieves, he will get traded too. It's a vicious cycle
5-This thread is about us fans and our appreciation of the players we have
6-You're an example of the typical "trade everyone" fan.

Again, I'm not really judging the players work, I'm just saying that we have to understand that we have young players that we just can't trade for the sake of trading because they're having a tough time this year...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-21-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old
03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
ScherbakAttack

Quote:
1-I said that we have the right to be angry at them.
2-I suggested to be patient because their best years are still to come
3- Every NHL player is a millionaire and we can't do anything about it, so don't give me that "They're millionaires, they should get boo'd" crap, because as far as I know Aaron Downey is richer than I will ever be and he can barely skate.
4-If you trade one of our millionaires you will get another millionaire back and if he underachieves, he will get traded too. It's a vicious cycle
5-This thread is about us fans and our appreciation of the players we have
6-You're an example of the typical "trade everyone" fan.
Wanting to trade players that aren't playing up to par to replace them with other players to give them a chance means I want to trade everyone.

Got it chief.

Old
03-21-2009, 01:11 PM
CaptKirk

this team does make me bipolar

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:12 PM
totalrecall

i hate your avatar mike

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:14 PM
ScherbakAttack

Quote:
Yeah let's trade struggling players when their value is at an all-time low and give the crap we get back in exchange a chance

You really thing that Higgins is gonna get you an equally or superior player than he is?
Quote:

Did you already forget what my other post said?

Old
03-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Wanting to trade players that aren't playing up to par to replace them with other players to give them a chance means I want to trade everyone.

Got it chief.
Yeah let's trade struggling players when their value is at an all-time low and give the crap we get back in exchange a chance

You really thing that Higgins is gonna get you an equally or superior player than he is?

Once agaiiinnnnnn, I'm not defending any players, I'm just saying that some of them have too much potential to be traded right now.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-21-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old
03-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Once agaiiinnnnnn, I'm not defending any players, I'm just saying that some of them have too much potential to be traded right now.
CHANGE YOUR DAMN AVATAR AND YOU WILL BE MORE CREDIBLE.

Old
03-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Mike's avatar is awesome

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
CHANGE YOUR DAMN AVATAR AND YOU WILL BE MORE CREDIBLE.
Some of you need a sarcasm detector.

You really think I like Brunet?

Old
03-21-2009, 01:24 PM
TheCH*

Give me a million bucks a year and you can follow me 24/7 booing me while i laugh my way to the bank.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:

No, but I get this sudden urge to punch my laptop right where Benoit's face is.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Fire Brunet*

Well, I give up. I'll just say it for the 65456416546545649th time: I'm not defending the players, heck I hate them all right now, but it's not a reason to trade them because all we we will get in exchange is inferior players. Plus, our young players can't be worse than they are this year.

Adios

Old
03-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Newhabfan

Habs fans have a long tradition of mistreating their heroes. Take a look at the retired jerseys and you will spot at least half a dozen names that were kicked out of the town starting with Howie Morenz and ending with Guy Lafleur and Patrick Roy.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:

You looked so nerdy with your first post, so yeah!

Old
03-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Max et Guillaume

I for one agree with you...

And anyone who hates Koivu simply because he will break Beliveau's record... please, go lie down on A40 at night and get run over by a truck... that kind of racism is not acceptable...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:14 PM
CPrice

Who has been blamed on this board in the last month?
-Carbo
-Gainey
-Melanson
-Boivin
-Price
-Higgins
-Hamrlik
-komisarek
-Koivu
-Kovalev
-Brisebois
-Kostitisyn X2

Am I missing anybody?

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Who has been blamed on this board in the last month?
-Carbo
-Gainey
-Melanson
-Boivin
-Price
-Higgins
-Hamrlik
-komisarek
-Koivu
-Kovalev
-Brisebois
-Kostitisyn X2

Am I missing anybody?
Maybe Laraque.. but that's minor because he sucks.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:33 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Maybe Laraque.. but that's minor because he sucks.
Damn Laraque, can't believe I missed that one. Point is although each person is singled out individually, I think if you add it all together its a team problem. Thats the difference between this year and last is we played as a team, and won as a team.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote