HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jim Dowd's Play

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 01:58 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

vCash: 500
Jim Dowd's Play

Hey Guys...Just wondering how Dowd has worked out for you guys? I know he scored a shorty in his first game with you, but how has he looked since then? Thanks!

Old
03-15-2004, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
Hey Guys...Just wondering how Dowd has worked out for you guys? I know he scored a shorty in his first game with you, but how has he looked since then? Thanks!
He's been a pleasant surprise since he's come here, definately an upgrade over our former 3rd line center Joe Juneau, i'd like to see how he plays next game wiht two more talented wingers on his line

Old
03-15-2004, 02:02 PM
RichardZednik#20

One word: AWESOME!!!!

Thanx to minny for him .

Old
03-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Habber

He's been fantastic. He's been playing 3rd line and it's looking more and more like he's going to anchor our checking line going into the playoffs. He's getting a ton of icetime (over 16 min against the Leafs) and is doing a super job on the PK.

As someone who's seen him play alot, you know he's a guy who's going to give 100% every night and he hasn't disaoppointed in that regard. He's going to be a big part of our (hopefully) long playoff run.

Old
03-15-2004, 02:14 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Sounds like he's working out pretty good for you guys! That's good to hear. He always gave 110% when he was with the Wild! Glad to hear he's still playing hard for you guys. Good luck in the playoffs. I always cheer for the Habs in the east....I'm a little bias though, cause of Lemaire being our coach...

Old
03-15-2004, 02:41 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
Sounds like he's working out pretty good for you guys! That's good to hear. He always gave 110% when he was with the Wild! Glad to hear he's still playing hard for you guys. Good luck in the playoffs. I always cheer for the Habs in the east....I'm a little bias though, cause of Lemaire being our coach...
Dowd is one of those types of players that usually won't receive much fan adoration because of his defensive style BUT he does it with so much intensity that you can't help but notice he's out there
He also seems to have an amazing chemistry with Begin his linemate....they totally shut down Toronto's scoring line on Saturday...held them to I believe 4 shots inj the whole game!!!!

The HABS coach Julien said of Dowd " we don't even have to tell this guy a thing , he knows it all ...and we expected that because he just came from the University (meaning Lemaire's school")

He's going to be a valuable playoff part of the team

Sum : All Good!

Old
03-15-2004, 04:56 PM
shayne

Terrific in attitude and play. Energy and smarts!!!

great addition

Closed Thread