HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: looking for a cosom hockey league

Old
03-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
OT: looking for a cosom hockey league

Hey, my friends and I are in a cosom hockey league now that is run by an absolute moron (do not join the NSA, cosom-hockey.com. You will get pissed off at how often your schedule is changed last minute, how often your games are at times where you've said you cannot play, etc.). So I'm looking into a new league to join.

To be perfectly honest, our team sucks, but we like to play and have fun, anyway, so we're not really looking for a really competitive league.

Ideally, something that's close to a metro station. The closer it is to downtown the better, as we've got people coming in from all parts of the island, and a couple from the South Shore, as well. We want to play on Sundays, too, since... it works best for everyone.

Anyone know of any such leagues?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM
MrExpos

vCash: 500
I play in LHC1C on Sunday night. It cost 90 $/player for 12 games + playoff. There's also LHC1A in the morning and LHC1B in the afternoon. You may want to check it out at www.cosom.biz. Our season ends on April 19. I guess the next season will start on May 17 or 24.

We play at Gymnase Montréal which is on Sauvé/Papineau. I don't go there by metro but I think there's a station close, maybe Sauvé.

MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

Thanks for the reply, but... wow, that'd be far to go to. Anyone else?

Old
03-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

PTM,you can join the D2,is the worst division but still some very good hockey

http://hockeyballe.com/summer-registration

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Kriss E

dmbhl.com...the rink is great, the schedule is fixed, their website is updated weekly for stats.

Playing in my 3rd season there, resigned for a 4th one, can't complain about anything really.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 05:50 PM
giovannicanella

Hey Guys, I have played in a few ball hockey leagues myself...PTM is ok but it is hard to run a team efficiently...chase people for owed monies etc

Another fun league is volleycosom.com

Actually...I have got some of the hfboards fans together and I am valiantly attempting to make it a weekly thing to get some friendly pick up ball hockey games going for free.

I know this place...EXCELLENT for ball/road hockey...it has boards, floodlights, nets EVERYTHING...and it is FREE. I know lots of peeps may not drive and like dowtown...

Anyways the location is near galeries d'anjou (500m walk from metro Radison)
It is called Parc Des Roserales...please check google maps for the distance of this place from your house...google maps even has public transportation info etc it is perfect for directions...for both car...walking AND bus/metro

I really hope your love of hockey will allow you to consider this wonderful opportunity for us hf boards habs fans to band together during these dark recession times on and off the ice. Please do not hesitate to PM me...

Thank you...

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

yes, you already made a thread about that.

this thread isn't about that, though.

Old
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
giovannicanella

Yes, no hijak was intended....

I did mention volleycosom.com as a potential league for any who wants to play cosom hockey in the mtl / laval area...

It is very inexpensive.

Old
03-23-2009, 12:22 AM
The Russian General
#CanadaAndRefsTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Hey, my friends and I are in a cosom hockey league now that is run by an absolute moron (do not join the NSA, cosom-hockey.com. You will get pissed off at how often your schedule is changed last minute, how often your games are at times where you've said you cannot play, etc.). So I'm looking into a new league to join.
Oh you play there? What division and where? I agree, this is a bush league. The referees are always biased and there's always "new rules" to make you pay more. Two weeks ago, we wanted to bring a player to replace another one that couldn't come... and the guy that run the league asked 40$ for one ****in game.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Yes, no hijak was intended....

I did mention volleycosom.com as a potential league for any who wants to play cosom hockey in the mtl / laval area...

It is very inexpensive.
How much it cost Mike? for one season?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by querido17 View Post
Oh you play there? What division and where? I agree, this is a bush league. The referees are always biased and there's always "new rules" to make you pay more. Two weeks ago, we wanted to bring a player to replace another one that couldn't come... and the guy that run the league asked 40$ for one ****in game.
We play in C at Malepart. Like I said, we're bad.

All you do is give the new guy someone else's number, and they won't know anything.

But yeah, it's retarded. Charging people $1 to take their picture, on a digital camera, is just one of of the horrible things about this league.

Old
03-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

There is also the QBHL which just opened a new complexe for Ball hockey in RDP,they built 2 rinks,it's 4 on 4 hockey

Old
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
giovannicanella

Volleycosom

Quote:
How much it cost Mike? for one season?
LOL, Kev, this is the team I wanted you to join with me

80 dollars for 13 games (plus all star game IF you get selected )

Leading scorer in a division gets a 25 dollar discount in a hockey store near the olympic stadium.

The League is run by one man, Tony Lisi, and he really cares to make the league fun and provide customer satisfaction etc.At PTM, you are just a number.

__________________________________________________ ____

Quote:
There is also the QBHL which just opened a new complexe for Ball hockey in RDP,they built 2 rinks,it's 4 on 4 hockey
A lot of people are talking about that...

Old
03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
qbhl isnt the greatest.
they play 4 on 4 on a VERY tight surface...it was made for 3 on 3

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Magic33

Im pretty sure the DMBHL has a ton of divisions and I think you can specify where you want to play etc ... Im not sure how the level of play is, i played in one of the higher leagues there and it was a complete hackfest. I had to check if my shins and knees where still part of my leg every time i got back to the bench.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
havok78

Well I am a goalie that can play in like the D...so if anyone is looking let me know!

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by querido17 View Post
yup, referees are clearly biased there... some of them are f***ing douches.

40$ for one game? it is supposed to be 15$... whatever!

I am still gonna play in that league though, since it is not expensive and even if some poor management piss me off, I just want to play hockey...

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
yup, referees are clearly biased there... some of them are f***ing douches.

40$ for one game? it is supposed to be 15$... whatever!

I am still gonna play in that league though, since it is not expensive and even if some poor management piss me off, I just want to play hockey...

Just join PTM, I personally played in 3-4 leagues and no one even comes close to them

Old
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
havok78

The only Thing PTM is missing is like a Free Agent section on their website, I am sure a team could be formed that way, and increase teams for them...I would like to return to the PTM, but dont know anyone...but yeah PTM is good, DMBHL is only OK in the summer, while the surface is good at La Rinque, its WAY to expensive for the service for the winter league , bad reffing (except 1), score keeper said I allowed 6 goals but got 5 shots etc...NABHL is OK as well, but stats are all messed up too, I think they are trying to correct that this season though...

There is NO perfect league, but its getting so popular now and Expensive, its such a rip off what these leagues charge now!

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote