HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade in place to send Lecavalier to Montreal @ the draft

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2009, 06:17 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
montreal fans just need to get a clue. vinny aint coming "home". go enjoy some more Kovalev

Old
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Untamable

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning

Quote:
It is amazing how well captain Vinny Lecavalier handles the media here. Surrounded first by French-speaking reporters and then by the English speakers, Lecavalier calmly talked about the perhaps being traded to the Canadiens over the summer. These aren't new rumors by the way, this is the same stuff we've been dealing with since December. "For me, they're just rumors," Lecavalier said. "Every two weeks someone comes out with it. I have no control of what people say. The team said if they did do something, they would come to me, so they can write whatever they want." Asked if after two years out of the playoffs he felt it might be time for a change regardless of where hemight go, Lecavalier also took the high road. "I've been with the Lightning since 1998," he said. "The first four or five years, it could have been discouraging. Two years later we won the Cup, so you never know in hockey. Two years, of course, is discouraging, but next year our goal will be to make the playoffs, and you never know what can happen from there."

Old
03-26-2009, 03:36 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I think we could. But let's remove Chipchura from the trade then. You still take it? Our farm system is very deep, and I'm pretty sure Lecavalier would make our wingers look better. If we're able to re-sign Tanguay and Kostopoulos, our team could look like this next year :

Latendresse - Lecavalier - Tanguay
Higgins - Plekanec - Pacioretty
D'Agostini - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart - Chipchura - Laraque
Maxwell

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Gorges
O'Byrne - Weber (or Emelin, Carle)

For sure, that's not amazing, but that could be the start of something great. We would probably need to add a talented winger from the free agent market, and re-sign Bouillon or another defenseman for depth.
The fact that you put Latendresse with Vinny is funny. Latendresse is average. You have better choices.

Old
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I think the only chance we trade Vinny is if it involves a package for us to draft Hedman and get a young star player or two. Highly unlikely at this point...

Old
03-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
I think the only chance we trade Vinny is if it involves a package for us to draft Hedman and get a young star player or two. Highly unlikely at this point...
Based on the Lightning's standings they already "own" a solid chance to draft Hedman. I think there's a better than 50% chance that Lecavalier is traded now. Relief from an albatross contract (see Boyle, Dan), and a couple of solid players to Tampa makes a lot of sense.

People say that they won't attend games if Lecavalier is traded. I understand that, but I also think the majority of those people stopped attending due to a crappy team and another year at the bottom of the league. Winning sells and it doesn't have a number on it's jersey.

Old
03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Soundwave

If Lecavalier is available I think the Oilers can/would offer a better package than the Habs.

Ales Hemsky is an ideal playmaking wing for Stamkos, any one of Edmonton's puck moving D -- Gilbert, Grebeshkov, or Visnovsky could also be included depending on how much salary Tampa wants to take back.

Old
03-27-2009, 02:55 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If Lecavalier is available I think the Oilers can/would offer a better package than the Habs.

Ales Hemsky is an ideal playmaking wing for Stamkos, any one of Edmonton's puck moving D -- Gilbert, Grebeshkov, or Visnovsky could also be included depending on how much salary Tampa wants to take back.
Edmonton isn't giving up on Hemsky yet and we need defense more than anything. Would I agree to Vinny and Prospal for Hemsky, Schremp, Gilbert and Grebeshkov? YES.

Old
03-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Edmonton isn't giving up on Hemsky yet and we need defense more than anything. Would I agree to Vinny and Prospal for Hemsky, Schremp, Gilbert and Grebeshkov? YES.
I don't think it's so much about giving up on Hemsky, but the Oilers are in a bind and I think Hemsky is starting to get impatient there.

He needs a sniper that can skate (ahem: Stamkos) who he can play with and the Oilers badly need a big forward that can put the puck in the net. Hemsky's game is also I think much better suited for the Eastern Conference.

I dunno about *both* Gilbert and Grebeshkov though (keep in mind Grebeshkov is going to want an extension in the $3 mill range, so that might be more salary than the Tampa ownership is willing to take on anyway).

Schremp is on the table if that's what it takes though.

Old
04-11-2009, 09:01 PM
ultra63

Hockey night in Canada

The talking heads had him going to LA tonight but they expressed concerns about 4's contract.

Old
04-11-2009, 09:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
The talking heads had him going to LA tonight but they expressed concerns about 4's contract.
He's headed there along with Malkin.

Old
04-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Bolt32

There was a few offers that Ive seen from the habs that I would take. Subban/maxwell + prospects+ a couple of firsts and a second. But I dont think I could ever imagine Lecav going to the kings unless we get an offer to good to refuse.

Something like Johnson/kopitar +1st in 09......Honestly, its doubtfull at best.

Old
04-11-2009, 11:39 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I think Subban might be one of the most overrated prospects on here.

Old
04-11-2009, 11:41 PM
hfboardsuser

Well, wow that draft position is more clear, how about this return to an old rumor?

To Tampa- C Sam Gagner, LW Robert Nilsson, D Tom Gilbert, D Taylor Chorney, 1st '09 (10th overall)

To Edmonton- C Vincent Lecavalier, C Jeff Halpern, G Karri Ramo

Gagner, Tavares (pending a lottery win) and Ryan Ellis in one off-season would be epic young additions:

Prospal-Tavares-St. Louis
Malone-Stamkos-Gagner
Nilsson-X-X
X-X-X

Meszaros-Gilbert
Krajicek-X
Ranger-Murphy

Old
04-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
I think Subban might be one of the most overrated prospects on here.
The Subban spin-o-rama!

Old
04-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Well, wow that draft position is more clear, how about this return to an old rumor?

To Tampa- C Sam Gagner, LW Robert Nilsson, D Tom Gilbert, D Taylor Chorney, 1st '09 (10th overall)

To Edmonton- C Vincent Lecavalier, C Jeff Halpern, G Karri Ramo

Gagner, Tavares (pending a lottery win) and Ryan Ellis in one off-season would be epic young additions:

Prospal-Tavares-St. Louis
Malone-Stamkos-Gagner
Nilsson-X-X
X-X-X

Meszaros-Gilbert
Krajicek-X
Ranger-Murphy
Lightning fans, lemme tell you this is awful, Nilsson is a total scrub, Gagner is a small center, IE not huge gamebreaker upside, Gilbert has talent but is mistake prone, Chorney is a future 4.

Old
04-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
I was thinking the same thing. We have to give up the best player in the deal, as well as a good roster player in Halpern and on top of that, give up a young goaltender who has some potential and will be our backup next year. Give up those pieces for pieces that will not make us better now, and the pieces we give up just make us that much worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Travis Zajac, Colin White or Bryce Salvador, and 2009 1st.

Old
04-13-2009, 02:02 AM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Travis Zajac, Colin White or Bryce Salvador, and 2009 1st.
Zajac is young and had potential, but I don't think White and Salvador would have long term implications on our blue line, so I'd pass on this.

Old
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Zajac is young and had potential, but I don't think White and Salvador would have long term implications on our blue line, so I'd pass on this.
I don't really think its too bad. Not great, but certainly not bad.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
peanutvendor

im bored and thought of this while i was driving today. probably wouldnt work for several reasons, but here it goes, depending on TB getting tavares and commiting to the full rebuild. alot of "ifs" in the equation but like i said it was a daydream and now im bored and thought i would share it so yeah.

3 way mon-tb-philly

philly
price, bos/tb 2nd

tb
jvr, coburn, subban, mcdonagh, max pacioretty

mon
lecavalier, ramo/helenius, tb/bos 2nd

-----------
philly
jvr and coburn for price and tb 2nd

mon
price, subban, mcdonagh, max pacioretty for lecavalier, ramo/helenius, bos 2nd

tb
lecavalier, ramo/helenius, 2nd, 2nd for jvr, coburn, subban, mcdonagh, maxpacioretty

philly gets price and 2nd for coburn and jvr. with giroux doing well and their top 9 probably the best in the league, jvr is possibly expendable, but it would depend on:
1. willingness to lose coburn
2. beleiving price is their goalie solution
both big ifs

montreal will be gutting their youth for lecavalier and a downgrade in goalies, this would depend on them beleiving in halak and either ramo or helenius and how much they really want lecavalier. i think it 'could' happen if they felt they were set in goal with halak/ramo, or confident they could get an ufa goalie for a year or 2.
i think they could justify that package to fans, especially the ones screaming for a french canadian superstar.

tb does this for obvious reasons, wouldnt have to do much selling to the fans. maybe the picks could be different so its not so much coming from TB, but the general idea is "quality over quantity." gets us the type of defenseman we need who is young and cheap, as well as some young talent on the wings. only thing is worrying about jvr pulling a wheeler. i think it would be a successful "rebuild" move, alot of young good talent.

malone-stamkos-stl
prospal-tavares-jvr
maxpac-halpern-r2/vrbata
whatever

coburn-mesz
ranger-mcdonagh/lashoff
smaby-mcdonagh/lashoff

smith
?

enjoy.

Old
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutvendor View Post
3 way mon-tb-philly

philly
price, bos/tb 2nd

tb
jvr, coburn, subban, mcdonagh, max pacioretty

mon
lecavalier, ramo/helenius, tb/bos 2nd

-----------
philly
jvr and coburn for price and tb 2nd

mon
price, subban, mcdonagh, max pacioretty for lecavalier, ramo/helenius, bos 2nd

tb
lecavalier, ramo/helenius, 2nd, 2nd for jvr, coburn, subban, mcdonagh, maxpacioretty

enjoy.
I would be on board for that. Alot of young talent with great potential, and JVR himself is a big dominant body that could turn into a great goal scorer. Doubt Montreal would be on board for that though.

Old
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Hawksfan12*

from both an outsiders view of mtl and Tampa how about-

Vinny
Vrbata's contract(whats the deal there anyway?)

for

Subban/McCdonough
1st 2009
1st 2010
Chipchura(?sp)

You guys get a young potenial #1 dman, 2 1st, a young centre and gain no cap space.

Old
04-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Riggins

I've always been shrugged the Vinny to Montreal rumours off, but this time I actually think there is something to it and believe there is a legitimate chance of it happening in June. With the big contract, Stamkos emerging, TB having another high draft pick... there's a chance it might happen.

Something like the Kostitsyns, McDonagh/Weber, Chipchura and a 1st sounds plausible.

Leaving the teams with something like:

Tanguay-Lecavalier-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-Latendresse
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

TB (I don't know your lines):

Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
S. Kostitsyn-Tavares/Duchene -A. Kostitsyn

Old
04-13-2009, 10:46 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I've always been shrugged the Vinny to Montreal rumours off, but this time I actually think there is something to it and believe there is a legitimate chance of it happening in June. With the big contract, Stamkos emerging, TB having another high draft pick... there's a chance it might happen.

Something like the Kostitsyns, McDonagh/Weber, Chipchura and a 1st sounds plausible.

Leaving the teams with something like:

Tanguay-Lecavalier-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-Latendresse
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

TB (I don't know your lines):

Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
S. Kostitsyn-Tavares/Duchene -A. Kostitsyn
At two we'll be taking Hedman.

Old
04-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Untamable

Quote:
Space is a precious thing in newspapers right now. There isn't a lot of it, especially for a sport that, in this area, anyway, is no longer in season. So, for the next few days I'll be putting up some of the interviews done with players on Monday after they had their exit interviews. Given the Lightning's biggest decision this summer, or as former Tampa Bay coach Jacques Demers called it, "probably the biggest decision in franchise history," will be to either keep captain Vinny Lecavalier and try to build around him, or to try and trade him, figured starting with him would be appropriate.

If you did not read the story in today's paper, Tampa Bay ownership and management needs to decide before Lecavalier's no-move clause kicks in on July 1 if it wants to trade him and reap the riches such a transaction could bring and perhaps remake the team.
Quote:
Privately, Lecavalier will tell you how much he wants to stay in Tampa and with the Lightning. He knows the situation, though, and understands how much his salary will pinch the budget. He reiterated how the Lightning has promised that if it decides it must move him, he will be called first so he and agent Kent Hughes can be part of the process. So far, he said, "I haven't gotten the phone call."
http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/....html#comments

Closed Thread