HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Junior players that could play for monarchs?

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 09:13 AM
monarchs0102

vCash: 500
Junior players that could play for monarchs?

Does anyone know who the junior players that could play for the monarchs in this years playoffs? I know Aaron Rome could but anyone else? Please let me know. Thank you

Old
03-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Fat Elvis

I pretty sure that Rome needs to be signed first. Kanko has signed, but I'm not sure how the rules work for juniors, but if they are allowed to play after their overaged year is finished than I would assume that with contracts Rome, Rooneem, Kanko and Andressen could play?

Old
03-17-2004, 10:31 AM
punchy1

I also think that you might see Brown down there as well. Of course, he could be prevented from being able to play there due to whatever rules are in place but, he isn't getting any ice time with us and our dealing for Cowan takes away the last spot that he might have taken for ice time, so, I have to guess that being in Mancester would be best for his developement. Of course, it would be a first to see Andy handle one of our young players propperly but, that is the opinion of an armchair gm who don't know anything really.

Old
03-17-2004, 10:37 AM
No One

Junior players can not play in the AHL playoffs, IIRC.

Brown can only be sent to Machnester for a "conditioning assignment", which is a 14 day assignment. If he get sent down permanently, then he has to go Guelph. I think he should go down for the OHL playoffs, since I do not see him getting a lot of ice time with Barney being back and playing well.

Old
03-17-2004, 10:45 AM
punchy1

Thanks no one. Then I agree, he should go to guelph to be a part of thier playoffs. I also think that at this point that they will not send him anywhere (maybe that 14 day jobby) because they made the decision to keep him with the big club when he would have done so much better getting his time developing down on the farm.

Old
03-17-2004, 11:33 AM
willie

A few clarifications (from what I understand):

1. Juniors can play in Manchester, after their season is over. And, no, they do not need to sign a contract. (they can just sign an amateur tryout) Possibilities for assignment to Manchester after their junior year is out are Aaron Rome, Mark Roonem, Petr Kanko & Joel Andressen. (though Roonem & Andressen may not be in the teams long term plans so it is tough to say)

2. Ditto for NCAA players. Seniors' Connor James, Greg Hogeboom, Mike Gabinet & David Steckel could all be signed (depending on who is in the teams future plans) and sent to Manchester or Reading. This scenario also holds true for Jr. Richard Petiot who will probably be signed this year and possibly Jeff Tambellini.

3. I believe juniors CAN play in the AHL playoffs. (see: Yanick Lehoux, 2001-2002) Now I realize that AHL teams have sent in their playoff lists but there must be some sort of clause that allows juniors to play in the AHL playoffs even if they aren't on the list.

4. I believe NCAA players can NOT play in the AHL playoffs. (see Noah Clarke, Peter Sejna, 2002-2003) They can, however, play in a few regular season games which could be the case for several of the players I listed above.

5. The Dustin Brown situation. I believe he needed to be sent down BEFORE the deadline in order to play in the first round of the OHL playoffs. If he gets sent down now, he would have to wait until the second round to play. Certainly logic suggests that the guy should be in Guelph right now (particularly because Guelph is a legitimate Memorial Cup Contender) but apparently there are rumours that Brown had differences with some of the players in Guelph. This could be one of the reasons why DT seems so adamant about keeping the guy in LA. However, an interesting note, is that Brown can play in Manchester when Guelph is eliminated from the playoffs. Taylor may be rooting for Owen Sound in the first round in order to get Brown some action in Manchester.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:55 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
A few clarifications (from what I understand):

3. I believe juniors CAN play in the AHL playoffs. (see: Yanick Lehoux, 2001-2002) Now I realize that AHL teams have sent in their playoff lists but there must be some sort of clause that allows juniors to play in the AHL playoffs even if they aren't on the list.
Yanick Lehoux is on the Monarchs Clear Day list so he's a given as a player for the Monarchs during the playoffs. I thought that, except for injuries, the Clear Day list established the roster and that there wouldn't be any movement down from LA to ManchVegas. That's why they sent Barney and Gleason "down" and then brought them back up. It was a paper move designed to get them on the Clear Day roster, which they are.

This is presumptive: I thought LA could pull from our roster, and we could pull from the ECHL, but not the other way around (except, as I said, for Barney and Gleason). Also, if need be we could sign to PTOs but only in emergency situations.

Anyone else with any knowledge in this area?

ReggieMoto

Old
03-17-2004, 03:17 PM
King Blazer

The answer is:

"The Monarchs also on Saturday announced their Clear Day Roster, which consists of 22 players. Only those players listed on the Clear Day Roster are eligible to compete in the remaining four weeks of the AHL regular season and in the Calder Cup 2004 Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension. Teams may also add signed junior players or players on amateur tryout contracts, only after their respective junior or college seasons are complete."

link:www.monarchshockey.com/news/?id=937

YOUR SLIPPING MOTO!!! j/k (remember "crap through a goose")

Old
03-17-2004, 03:25 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
"Teams may also add signed junior players or players on amateur tryout contracts, only after their respective junior or college seasons are complete."
Okay so it appears college players are allowed to play in the AHL post season.

Manchester could very well see the likes of Petr Kanko, Aaron Rome, Richard Petiot and Dustin Brown down the stretch.

Old
03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Okay so it appears college players are allowed to play in the AHL post season.

Manchester could very well see the likes of Petr Kanko, Aaron Rome, Richard Petiot and Dustin Brown down the stretch.
It wouldn't surprise me to see the organization bring in one or two to be around the team during the playoffs. I don't know if they would actually "play" them though. They did that with Lehoux a couple of years ago. Last year they brought in Parros and he did play. I don't know if Brown can come down after Guelph's season is done or not. If so, I think he would play.

Last edited by King Blazer: 03-18-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Closed Thread