HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You might or might not care...

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Mindcircus

vCash: 500
You might or might not care...

but the Penguins are on a 4 game winning streak! They are my second favorite team behind the Kings and i thought i'd share my happiness with you all. I think they have a nice young team and will get really good soon. That is if they don't get run out of town first. I'm glad they are playing well, cause they work and deserve it for their efforts. Hope they can get Ovechkin and turn him into gold.

Old
03-12-2004, 06:35 AM
kingsfan25

I for one am ecstatic about their streak, mainly, of course because they beat the Leafs last night. And being a Kings fan living in Ontario, I get into a lot of arguments with my friends about our respective teams. They've given me some great ammo for upcoming altercations.

Its also nice to see Jon Sim playing well with his new team.

Old
03-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Mindcircus

I was led to believe that if you're not a Leaf's fan then you're not Canadien.

Old
03-15-2004, 03:33 PM
kingsfan25

Wow, didn't notice your reply until now.

In reponse to your post, it is possible to be Canadian and not support the Leafs. However, its amazing how many Toronto fans take offense at the very notion of a Canadian who does not support the Buds. Whenever I tell an Ontarian that I am a Kings fan, their face contorts in a combination of confusion, fear and anger, and, in an automatic knee-jerk reaction, they say: "They suck," though many of them have never even seen LA play, nor do they have any idea of their position in the standings. I then have to explain to them that the Kings are an amazing team, with loads of heart, and, when healthy, talent to back that heart up. But they never listen. Most of the time, its like talking to a brick wall; they either refuse to listen to my arguments or go on some rant about the stanley cup and follow that up with another unfounded derogatory statement. I mean, it actually enrages them that I support the Kings! However, it is my responsibility as a Kings fan to continue fighting the good fight for my team against overwhelming ignorance and resentment. I'm out here behind enemy lines people; but fear not, fore my resolve is strong and my arsenal of stats, jokes, and witty remarks is vast.

Old
03-15-2004, 04:31 PM
kingbrath

I know how you feel kingsfan25 Im from Red Deer Alberta, that is smack dab in the middle of Edmonton and Calgary....and there sure as hell aint a lot of Kings fans around here....that is why i love it so much when the Kings beat the Alberta teams , I laugh at my friends for days

Old
03-15-2004, 05:29 PM
LuckyLUC20

Go Sim!!!

Old
03-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Mindcircus

It's nice to know we have fans from different places. We should make a thread stating everyone's location... or not. Go Kings!!!

Old
03-15-2004, 11:15 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
It's nice to know we have fans from different places. We should make a thread stating everyone's location... or not. Go Kings!!!
yeah, its been a long time and we have many new members since our "get to know each other thread." it was long before i got my current handle.

Old
03-15-2004, 11:19 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
I know how you feel kingsfan25 Im from Red Deer Alberta, that is smack dab in the middle of Edmonton and Calgary....and there sure as hell aint a lot of Kings fans around here....that is why i love it so much when the Kings beat the Alberta teams , I laugh at my friends for days
i'm a kings fan living in pasadena..........and it seems like.....................i'm the only....................... kings fan ..................around here...................

03-15-2004, 11:20 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
yeah, its been a long time and we have many new members since our "get to know each other thread." it was long before i got my current handle.
i can't find that thread anymore....

Old
03-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator

Nice job with the sticky, Navi.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:28 AM
messy_eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
I was led to believe that if you're not a Leaf's fan then you're not Canadien.

LOL............actually some of us think the opposite, If you are a leafs fan you are not a real Canadian.

Old
03-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander
LOL............actually some of us think the opposite, If you are a leafs fan you are not a real Canadian.
You guys watch Conan O' Brien when he was in Canada to do his shows that one week? Well the whole week turned out to be a Leaf lovefest. That's why i thought most people in Canada were Leaf fans. Oh well... Go Kings!

and just for this thread... GO PENS!!!

Closed Thread