HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Sauer recalled from Hartford - First Game Impressions Here

Old
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Sanguinetti certainly isn't untouchable, but there's no need to trade him just for the sake of trading him. If someone wants to give us a forward of equal or greater value I'm certainly interested, if not I'm more than willing to let him develop.

DZ and Sanguinetti, if they both pan out, would make a phenomenal top PP point pairing.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
I mean if you're going to compare Sauer someone we're a bit familiar with, it would be Morris.....however, i'm not aware of the velocity of Sauer's shot. I know Morris has a rocket along with grit, and very mobile skating....Sauer's skating is very smooth and mobile...he too has grit in his game. I love it.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:33 AM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
I mean if you're going to compare Sauer someone we're a bit familiar with, it would be Morris.....however, i'm not aware of the velocity of Sauer's shot. I know Morris has a rocket along with grit, and very mobile skating....Sauer's skating is very smooth and mobile...he too has grit in his game. I love it.
I agree

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

I've been saying lesser version of Robyn Regehr for awhile.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I've been saying lesser version of Robyn Regehr for awhile.
Not sure...I think some of us are really overrating his physical side. Regehr is known for his big open ice hits, and fights. Sauer is also smaller compared to Regehr.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Not sure...I think some of us are really overrating his physical side. Regehr is known for his big open ice hits, and fights. Sauer is also smaller compared to Regehr.
You're right, but at least his name is not Robyn

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
squishy

Quote:
I think some of us are really overrating his physical side.
I agree 100%. Sauer's a big, strong, kid. He'll outmuscle guys along the boards and in front of the net, he'll absorb a hit to make a play, and he'll hit you if the opportunity is there. But he's not the type that goes out looking for it. He's not going to wow you with hits.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 05:50 PM
kilo41ak

Quote:
If it was up to me, I'd trade Redden and keep Rozsy. However, it's not up to me and getting rid of Redden's contract is going to be nearly impossible. So I would look to trading Rozsy to clear up some space....and maybe going after Gaborik over the summer for sure. I'd look at that.

Also, if theres a way to move Naslund(even though he as a NMC) you just have to do it. Even if it's for a draft pick.

So trading Rozsival and Naslund for picks/prospects frees you up around 12 mill in which you use some of that to sign Gaborik, Antro, Morris, Zherdev. If Dubinsky wants too much, i'm not against trading this kid for a decent return either. I'll tell you that much. As much as I like Morris, I don't see us keeping him with the defensive depth we have coming out of hartford and w/ how much he may ask for.

I would Love to keep dubi, zherdev,morris, antro; while still being capable of throwing money at Gaborik and signing him. I don't know if it'll be possible. Our summer target should be Gabby.

Avery-Gomez-Gaborik
Antropov-Drury-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Redden-Morris
Staal-Girardi
Sauer-Mara

Lundqvist
Valley

That would be my ideal line-up for next season....which is probably not going to happen because of cap issues.
I don't see it happening either, but Gaborik on Gomez's wing would be nice for everyone.

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:32 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

how was he tonight?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 06:46 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo41ak View Post
I don't see it happening either, but Gaborik on Gomez's wing would be nice for everyone.
Granted this thread is about Sauer... But I would LOVE to see Gabby here, getting to watch a player like him every night (when hes healthy) would be, well I can't find the words to describe how amazing it would be.......

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
how was he tonight?
Second game is usually the letdown one. That was why Shoenny didn't play him that much. He sat on OT, as expected. Was outplayed once 1-on-1 cleanly by biting into some fake moves(welcome to NHL!). Was OK otherwise.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 07:49 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
how was he tonight?
In his limited ice time, he managed to be +1 with one shot on goal. He was generally pretty reliable, outside of a couple of rookie mistakes. Nothing glaring though. Definitely saw him getting physical a couple of times. I was satisfied again.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 07:52 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
From what little time he had on the ice he was pretty poised...I like how he is doing up here. I'm hoping Sather is taking notes and trying to figure out a way to move one of our high priced Dmen so we can keep him and then re-sign Morris.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
I mean if you're going to compare Sauer someone we're a bit familiar with, it would be Morris.....
I was thinking the same thing...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:59 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Kid can play - there's no question.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Any comments on last night? Looks like Sauer only got 4 shifts - under 2 minutes of ice time -- and was a -2?

Not going to judge him based on that. Heck, I'm not going to judge a rookie based on their entire *season*, never mind one game - but I was wondering what happened. Was he hurt? Or just benched?

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 08:20 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Any comments on last night? Looks like Sauer only got 4 shifts - under 2 minutes of ice time -- and was a -2?

Not going to judge him based on that. Heck, I'm not going to judge a rookie based on their entire *season*, never mind one game - but I was wondering what happened. Was he hurt? Or just benched?
Benched and then sent back down, even though neither of those goals he was on for were his fault.

The New York Rangers: Accountability is different here.

Old
03-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Benched and then sent back down, even though neither of those goals he was on for were his fault.

The New York Rangers: Accountability is different here.
Nice.

Well, he got a sniff anyway, and hopefully wasn't too put off by the experience. It certainly looks like he can be a player for you in the years to come.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
94now

On the first goal Sauer had no idea where Mara was. He misread the situation and continued to skate backwards covering his side. He should have turned around and get the step on the attacker timely. Mara's problem was when paired with rookie one should always think there will be no help as if you're there alone. So they screwed up as a pair. Thus, they sit as a pair. Torts cannot sit Mara any longer. Shipping Sauer away is a message to Paul. Kid wouldn't get any message at this point. He'll be back, I am sure.

Old
03-30-2009, 08:28 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
On the first goal Sauer had no idea where Mara was. He misread the situation and continued to skate backwards covering his side. He should have turned around and get the step on the attacker timely.
I disagree. He played it like a 2-on-1, which it was, and took the pass away, as he should have.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Really a shame to see him get axed so quickly. Aside from two suspect shifts, he played just fine. Can't say either of those goals were his fault either.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I disagree. He played it like a 2-on-1, which it was, and took the pass away, as he should have.
Yes he did, but it shouldn't get to it. The second guy was trailing the play. The proper way would be to use the angle he had and to drive Talbot away to the boards. It's not a big error. No one would notice it should Lundqvist stop the puck. But he didn't and Torts overreacted, no disagreement there.