HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The TKO Line

Old
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

vCash: 500
The TKO Line

Tanguay-KOivu-KOvalev

I know Atlanta isn't exactly known for their stifling defensive game, but I think this line is here to stay, at least for the final playoff push. Consequently, it's time to give the line a name we can all agree on. Other suggestions are welcome.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
Tanguay-KOivu-KOvalev

I know Atlanta isn't exactly known for their stifling defensive game, but I think this line is here to stay, at least for the final playoff push. Consequently, it's time to give the line a name we can all agree on. Other suggestions are welcome.
Clever, but unless this line carries us to a shiny mug, I think it's premature to name them

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

This just made me realize that we have a lot of players who's last names start with "Ko".

Never thought about it before.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
m00ks

I wouldn't name the line after one game until they prove that they can produce consistently. I like the enthusiasm but it's too early to get excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
True, for purely humorous reasons, Tanguay should be replaced with Kosto or Kostitsyn. That way it can be the stutter line. kokoko!
Or a japanese monkey.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-25-2009 at 02:54 PM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
This just made me realize that we have a lot of players who's last names start with "Ko".

Never thought about it before.
True, for purely humorous reasons, Tanguay should be replaced with Kosto or Kostitsyn. That way it can be the stutter line. kokoko!

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Yes, I know it's only one game, but I figured these boards could use some positivity after the last few weeks, even if it's purely for humorous purposes

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:17 AM
la25ecoupe

Latendresse - Lapierre - Laraque = LaLaLa

Kostitsyn - Koivu - Kovalev = KoKoKo

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Turboflex*

It's a respectable line but teams will zero in on shutting it down so they'll probably only really come up big on the PP (though a PP goal or two a night would certainly be a huge help in making the playoffs).

The problem is the euro floater 2nd line is terrible, hopefully it will open people's eyes as to how overhyped and mediocre Plekanecs and the Kostitsyns are. They will never be dominant players, and don't bring any intangibles needed for a deep playoff run (guts, physicality, leadership). I guess Gainey is reluctant to liquidate guys that came up through the Habs system, but it's time to face reality that these guys are no longer young projects, they are now on their 3rd contracts and supposed to be main components of the team but are not up to the task. No team with all these heartless euro bums will ever go deep.

The team needs a re-tooling on the off-season, these 3 guys are currently slotted into a crucial role and are not up to task. They are peripherary offence that rarely comes up big, and doesn't excel at anything. A cup contender needs more than that.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote