HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yannick Weber interview on CKAC

Old
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Yannick Weber interview on CKAC

http://www.corussports.com/radio/aud...de=fs&id=37341

(in french)

really excited about this kid future

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
CrewkHead

encore une fois?
euuhhh quoi?
Cold

CrewkHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
en anglais?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:12 AM
kostitsyn1489

Nice, wish media would make more of them..

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
sukimono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
en anglais?
What's that ?

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Taupy

I wouldn't use the word ANXIEUX when I'm talking with someone who don't have a lot of ease in french.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
sukimono

That prospect is sexy as it gets.

I"m actually pretty damn surprised by his knowledge of french being a swiss german. First time i get to hear him talk. a natural.

Old
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

That's like the rebirth of Mark Streit!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

I really wish the people that post articles in french would take the time to make a translation.

I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but this is an english message board you know, and many posters here don't understand much french.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
sukimono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
but this is an english message board you know
Aaaaaaaaahhhh **** all this time i thought i was on CHfans.

Old
04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That's like the rebirth of Mark Streit!
Did he say that he liked to "chouer" à la défense? Until then he's no Mark Streit by any means.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I really wish the people that post articles in french would take the time to make a translation.

I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but this is an english message board you know, and many posters here don't understand much french.
I'd rather have them post articles in French, than not post them at all. If there's anything really juicy in there, it will get translated eventually.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:19 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

ok here my rough translation of the interview (just for you habsfan18)

-weber think the dogs are ready for the playoff
-the coaching change was not really a big deal since wilson was already with the team and we still play some good hockey after the trade
-struggle little bit at the beggining of the year, learn a lot this year, really improved his played
-say has improved his overall game (better offensively and defensively)
-was a big thrilled for him to play for the habs
-was really nervous in his first nhl game
-dont know if he will play for the habs next year, dont know what the habs plan for next year, say will see in habs training camp next september
-learn a lot defensively with the hamilton coachs, play againts the better ahler forward

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:21 PM
BeBen*

I wish Weber would say ''Mieux Mieux'' like Streit used to do

i miss Streit for that more than his blue-line shot

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post

-the coaching change was not really a big deal since wilson was already with the team and we still play some good hockey after the trade
-struggle little bit at the beggining of the year, learn a lot this year, really improved his played
-dont know if he will play for the habs next year, dont know what the habs plan for next year, say will see in habs training camp next september
-learn a lot defensively with the hamilton coachs, play againts the better ahler forward
Thanks for translating. I'm pretty psyched to see how Weber develops in the future.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post

thank you Markov79fan, I appreciate it.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'd rather have them post articles in French, than not post them at all. If there's anything really juicy in there, it will get translated eventually.
I agree, which is why I would fight like hell to make sure that they are allowed to stay. But Habsfan18 does have a point, if you're going to post a french link. It would be nice if an english translation was also included. Even if it just covers a few of the main points.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I agree, which is why I would fight like hell to make sure that they are allowed to stay. But Habsfan18 does have a point, if you're going to post a french link. It would be nice if an english translation was also included. Even if it just covers a few of the main points.
I don't have the best understanding of French, but I like to test myself and try to read articles to see if I get the gist of it. By the time I'm done struggling through an article, someone has usually posted a translation, so I can see if I how right or wrong I was in understanding it. It's actually pretty entertaining sometimes.

I know this is an English language forum, but I find it sort of funny when people get up in arms about there not being a translation in the OP (by the way, I'm not really talking about this thread, I've just been inspired to muse about what I've seen in the past). I guess it's just a symptom of our instant information society. The vast majority of French articles that are posted on here get translated quickly. I've found that a little patience and a quick "thank you" to the translator that steps up makes things go a lot smoother.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I don't know why but since last year watching both of them play I've always said I liked Weber more then Subban.Don't get me wrong P.K is going to be a monster for us down the road but right now I think Weber is more NHL material.Anyways happy we got both and I'm pretty certain one day they will be both running our pp

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't know why but since last year watching both of them play I've always said I liked Weber more then Subban.Don't get me wrong P.K is going to be a monster for us down the road but right now I think Weber is more NHL material.Anyways happy we got both and I'm pretty certain one day they will be both running our pp
Weber has been so impressive in hamilton putting points on the board, and I don't know if Subban will match those numbers or not, but I like Subban's NHL upside more as he is more physical, better skater and much faster, so he has more of an NHL frame which imo will help him as he continues to grow/develop.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Weber has been so impressive in hamilton putting points on the board, and I don't know if Subban will match those numbers or not, but I like Subban's NHL upside more as he is more physical, better skater and much faster, so he has more of an NHL frame which imo will help him as he continues to grow/develop.
Cool and you find Subban a better skater the Weber?I thought that was the only problem in P.K game

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
I don't have the best understanding of French, but I like to test myself and try to read articles to see if I get the gist of it. By the time I'm done struggling through an article, someone has usually posted a translation, so I can see if I how right or wrong I was in understanding it. It's actually pretty entertaining sometimes.

I know this is an English language forum, but I find it sort of funny when people get up in arms about there not being a translation in the OP (by the way, I'm not really talking about this thread, I've just been inspired to muse about what I've seen in the past). I guess it's just a symptom of our instant information society. The vast majority of French articles that are posted on here get translated quickly. I've found that a little patience and a quick "thank you" to the translator that steps up makes things go a lot smoother.
It's good that you like to test yourself, and I know of a few other posters who enjoy doing the same. But some either don't have the time to struggle through the article, or don't know enough french to do so properly.

I also understand that sometimes some of our french posters don't feel confident enough to translate what is written from french to english. Or want to post the link, but don't have the time to type out a translation. That's why I mentioned that it would be nice if an english translation could be included. It's a request, not a demand.

You're right that the english posters should be a little more patient sometimes. But you have to understand their point of view as well.

HF like it or not is an English only forum. So it's understandable if the english speaking posters are making requests to have a french article translated for them.

04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Cool and you find Subban a better skater the Weber?I thought that was the only problem in P.K game
Wow...Are you serious? PK has freaking jets in his skates! Probably the best combination of speed/power/agility ive seen in a while.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Subban is a great skater imo, and if say he were on the Habs, he'd likely be one of the faster skaters on the club, certainly on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Wow...Are you serious? PK has freaking jets in his skates! Probably the best combination of speed/power/agility ive seen in a while.
Agreed, that's part of the reason why I liked him so much last year when the hype wasn't as big. Not only does he have sick offensive skill but he's got the skating/speed/strength to go along with his booming shot, good passing and physical game. There's a lot to like about this kid.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
TheCH*

Yes and for crissakes when Weber comes up again don't make him play forward(again). Just cause he is from Switzerland, don't make the same mistake with him as we did with Streit. Streit did a fine job as a forward but is a solid defenseman. Much better then Brisebois, O'Byrne, Bouillon, Schneider.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote