HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings have the Goods to Rebound

Old
03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
KingsRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Kings have the Goods to Rebound

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4020755

Pretty sweet article, talks breifly about the kings next year..

Last edited by KingsRule: 03-30-2009 at 09:51 AM.
KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=624006

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
KingsFan323

Road to the playoffs next year and many years after that: This is how I think DL should do things in the offseason to build a strong team for 09-10 but still keep the core he's been building.

First off I say we don't re-sign any of our free agents. That means Ivanans, Calder, Armstrong and Gauthier are gone. Keep Purcell in the lineup, keep Boyle in there and call up Lewis for him to prove his shot at showing he's NHL ready,,,but that is whenever there is an injury or a scratch, he will not be starting the season.

Frolov- Kopitar- Open
Brown- Moller- Williams
Purcell- Stoll- Handzus
Open-Boyle-Simmonds

Doughty-Johnson
Quincey-Greene
O'Donnell- Hickey

Now in free agency I think we need to make a HUGE play on either Hossa, Gaborik or even getting Cammalleri back. I would personally wish for Hossa. Then we could sign that guy who would play an enforcer role on the 4th line. Chris Neil is the perfect guy. So basically sign the blockbuster Hossa to a 4-5 year deal at 8 mil per, and sign Chris Neil (toughest guy in eastern conference imo) to a 3 year 6 million deal.

These two moves would put us at a great place. Then in the draft I say we grab the BPA, and that is either MSP or Brayden Schenn. We will be sitting pretty for many years to come if the offseason had these results.

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Doesn't rebound mean you are about to go back to where you once used to be? No playoffs in 7 years, where's the rebound?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Doesn't rebound mean you are about to go back to where you once used to be? No playoffs in 7 years, where's the rebound?
Very astute observation.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:51 PM
butthead666

Could go either way at this point. Kings still have to get better than 5 teams next season just to nab 8th spot. Many of the teams above them have suffered through injuries and have great prospects as well. How good would St. Louis be this year if Eric Johnson did not get hurt? Columbus lost Brassard. If the Kings stood pat with the team they had this year I do not think they would make the playoffs next year but I think there will be changes so they will have a decent chance next year.

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead666 View Post
Could go either way at this point. Kings still have to get better than 5 teams next season just to nab 8th spot. Many of the teams above them have suffered through injuries and have great prospects as well. How good would St. Louis be this year if Eric Johnson did not get hurt? Columbus lost Brassard. If the Kings stood pat with the team they had this year I do not think they would make the playoffs next year but I think there will be changes so they will have a decent chance next year.
Do you mean there are teams other than the Kings that are improving and will be better in the foreseeable future?

I thought that the other 29 teams would eventually bow down to the Kings superior stable of prospects.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Kings man 4 life

That Logic is flawed. For every young team coming up there is another that is getting older and crapper.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I thought that the other 29 teams would eventually bow down to the Kings superior stable of prospects.
This.

The Kings' potential is so *** **** palpable - I just can't stand it! (all the top hockey journalists say so too - even ESPN!)

The other Western teams will just watch us glide into the playoffs next year.

I can't wait for March 2010 to get here!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan323 View Post
Road to the playoffs next year and many years after that: This is how I think DL should do things in the offseason to build a strong team for 09-10 but still keep the core he's been building.

First off I say we don't re-sign any of our free agents. That means Ivanans, Calder, Armstrong and Gauthier are gone. Keep Purcell in the lineup, keep Boyle in there and call up Lewis for him to prove his shot at showing he's NHL ready,,,but that is whenever there is an injury or a scratch, he will not be starting the season.

Frolov- Kopitar- Open
Brown- Moller- Williams
Purcell- Stoll- Handzus
Open-Boyle-Simmonds

Doughty-Johnson
Quincey-Greene
O'Donnell- Hickey

Now in free agency I think we need to make a HUGE play on either Hossa, Gaborik or even getting Cammalleri back. I would personally wish for Hossa. Then we could sign that guy who would play an enforcer role on the 4th line. Chris Neil is the perfect guy. So basically sign the blockbuster Hossa to a 4-5 year deal at 8 mil per, and sign Chris Neil (toughest guy in eastern conference imo) to a 3 year 6 million deal.

These two moves would put us at a great place. Then in the draft I say we grab the BPA, and that is either MSP or Brayden Schenn. We will be sitting pretty for many years to come if the offseason had these results.
What's wrong with Ivanans?

Frolov- Kopitar- Open
Brown- Stoll- Williams
Purcell- Moller- Simmonds
Open or maybe Moulson,-Handzus- Boyle

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
KingsFan323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
What's wrong with Ivanans?

Frolov- Kopitar- Open
Brown- Stoll- Williams
Purcell- Moller- Simmonds
Open or maybe Moulson,-Handzus- Boyle
What's wrong with Ivanans???? We are paying him a veteran's minimum and all he does is take up a roster spot that can be given to someone that can actually do something for this team. I think my lineup is better, Moller plays well with Dustin Brown and Stoll does the same with Handzus. With our cap room, I say we throw out at least 7 million to Hossa for multi years, something maybe 25 other NHL teams would shy away from. Sign Hossa and Chris Neil, and we are a playoff team. Give Jack Johnson a contract extension and we are sitting nice for years to come.

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 06:52 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Well, in the Pacific Division alone, both Dallas and Anaheim are fizzling out. Phoenix was poised to make the playoffs this year but stumbled mightily. Who knows what will become of them? Elsewhere, Colorado is going to be in rebuild mode for a while. Minnesota looks like it has some tough times ahead. Vancouver may be a drastically different team next season with the Sedins nearing UFA. Rolosson will be a UFA soon, and Edmonton has very little in the pipe as far as goaltending goes.

The Pacific will be ours for the taking over the next few years, although I doubt San Jose is going anywhere.

The biggest threat to the Kings playoff hopes next season is the now ultra-dangerous Central. It looks like all five central teams could possibly make the playoffs this year.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
This.

The Kings' potential is so *** **** palpable - I just can't stand it! (all the top hockey journalists say so too - even ESPN!)

How many top hockey journalists had Columbus in playoffs this year? Vancouver?
Does BSPN still even cover hockey?

Old
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Well, in the Pacific Division alone, both Dallas and Anaheim are fizzling out. Phoenix was poised to make the playoffs this year but stumbled mightily. Who knows what will become of them? Elsewhere, Colorado is going to be in rebuild mode for a while. Minnesota looks like it has some tough times ahead. Vancouver may be a drastically different team next season with the Sedins nearing UFA. Rolosson will be a UFA soon, and Edmonton has very little in the pipe as far as goaltending goes.

The Pacific will be ours for the taking over the next few years, although I doubt San Jose is going anywhere.

The biggest threat to the Kings playoff hopes next season is the now ultra-dangerous Central. It looks like all five central teams could possibly make the playoffs this year.
Columbus, Chicago and St.Louis could all be better next year too. Nashville always finds a way to stay in contention as well. Scary division. Phoenix took a dump after picking up a legit goal scorer but may have f-ed up their chemistry. Dallas had a ton of injuries this year so I would expect them to rebound next year. Ducks will have cap space to sign free agents and they have some decent young players.

Old
03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Do you mean there are teams other than the Kings that are improving and will be better in the foreseeable future?

Only about 24 of them will at first but in about three years all will.

Old
03-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
This.

I hope that you are right.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 12:12 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan323 View Post
What's wrong with Ivanans???? We are paying him a veteran's minimum and all he does is take up a roster spot that can be given to someone that can actually do something for this team. I think my lineup is better, Moller plays well with Dustin Brown and Stoll does the same with Handzus. With our cap room, I say we throw out at least 7 million to Hossa for multi years, something maybe 25 other NHL teams would shy away from. Sign Hossa and Chris Neil, and we are a playoff team. Give Jack Johnson a contract extension and we are sitting nice for years to come.
Your lineup puts a 6MM player on the 4th line (Neil).

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote