HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton Warranty/Replacement Question

Old
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
MatthewT

vCash: 500
Easton Warranty/Replacement Question

Hi,

I bought a Easton SC2 stick (see pic) in late January and I noticed a split in the middle of the blade. I knew the 30 day warranty had expired but I decided I would call Easton and see what they would say anyway. Lucky me, the person on the phone said Easton would take it back even though the warranty had expired. I am quite happy with their service. I was wondering from you guys past experiences, will I receive the same model, pattern, flex as the one I sent in. The person on the phone took this information from me so I suppose I will receive the same one back. Althought I wouldn't be to upset if they sent me a S17.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Wease

They should send you the exact same thing you send them. And you don't want an S17. I broke two of them (or rather the blades split within a month) this past winter. They suck for $200+. In fact, my Easton Synergy Elite is about to break as well, and I've had that maybe 2 months. So I'm back to buying 2 piece stick. F the one piece composites, I say...

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:42 AM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wease View Post
They should send you the exact same thing you send them. And you don't want an S17. I broke two of them (or rather the blades split within a month) this past winter. They suck for $200+. In fact, my Easton Synergy Elite is about to break as well, and I've had that maybe 2 months. So I'm back to buying 2 piece stick. F the one piece composites, I say...

That's what I'm doing, went from using OPSs to z-bubbles.

190Octane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 02:10 PM
daner

Although I don't believe they are still in production, I have an Easton Stealth 999 and it is a great stick. Much cheaper than the S17 and almost any Warrior. If you can pick one up I recommened it. Checks with your locals stores to see if they have any still on the shelves.

daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Mountain Dew

the 999 is an SMU for Source for Sports. It is the same as the s11 which is available at the other sports stores.

Mountain Dew is offline   Reply With Quote