HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Vinny a Red Wings fan, lying to the MTL media?

Old
03-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Vinny a Red Wings fan, lying to the MTL media?

I found this on the official Vinny website, vinny4.com.

"Vincent spends his off-season in Montreal. He was a fan of the Detroit Red Wings and Steve Yzerman while growing up."

So on his official website, it states that he grew up being a fan of the Red Wings, while he keeps saying to the MTL media that he grew up a Canadiens fan and would of loved to put an habs jersey on?

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:02 AM
ReVeuF

How would you compare your home in Tampa Bay and your home in Montreal? – Justine

I actually don't have a home in Montreal. I don't own anything there, I rent every time I go there, but I'm looking for something in the future, possibly this summer. - Vinny

That is making me feel like he will come to the Habs... he do not have a home in Montreal and plan this summer to buy one...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post

"Vincent spends his off-season in Montreal. He was a fan of the Detroit Red Wings and Steve Yzerman while growing up."

So on his official website, it states that he grew up being a fan of the Red Wings, while he keeps saying to the MTL media that he grew up a Canadiens fan and would of loved to put an habs jersey on?
here comes another scandal

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:44 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Euh...I'm from Québec city...so was a Nords fan. Still, I always liked the Oilers and Mark Messier...Am I lying to myself?

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:44 AM
HotHabsFan*

110% tonight, i can see it already !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:54 AM
MathMan

Quote:

Well, he also wears #4 to honor Jean Beliveau.

Seriously, let's not dissect the guy's website. So what if he likes the Red Wings?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:03 AM
HotHabsFan*

Yeah but maybe he wore #4 to honor Colin Campbell, he did wear #4 during the 83 84and 85 seasons for the Red Wings !

Old
03-24-2009, 07:17 AM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Yeah but maybe he wore #4 to honor Colin Campbell, he did wear #4 during the 83 84and 85 seasons for the Red Wings !
That's it! It's all a setup for when Vinny goes berzerk and two hands something in the head. Then he can get into a meeting with Campbell and go "You know... that #4 I wear, it's not for Beliveau eh..." Then he doesn't get suspended!

Seriously? Why does it even matter? Only on the Montreal boards would someone try to make something out of this.

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Me too I was a huge fan of the Red Wings growing,played Sega Genesis all day with Federov and Yzerman etc....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Me too I was a huge fan of the Red Wings growing,played Sega Genesis all day with Federov and Yzerman etc....
OMG, now i know i am old, growing up playing pong !

Old
03-24-2009, 07:40 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Traitor! Why don't you go live in Detroit!

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Traitor! Why don't you go live in Detroit!
I've always asked my parents,why Montreal?Every winter the same question is asked,why not Florida

I love this city and yes when I play video games,I never take the Habs,kinda boring never playing with a superstar player

Old
03-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
Euh...I'm from Québec city...so was a Nords fan. Still, I always liked the Oilers and Mark Messier...Am I lying to myself?

Pretty much.

I won't lie, when I was little I was almost as much as a fan of the Avalanche as I was of the Habs, Patrick Roy being the main reason why. Some people can't fathom that, but it is possible to be a fan of more than a team. It doesn't not make one a traitor or anything else.

But yeah, if Vinny was to come here, which I doubt, I don't think something written on his website would falter his desire to play for the Habs.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Melvin Udall

[QUOTE=Malakhov;18683794]I found this on the official Vinny website, vinny4.com.

So on his official website, it states that he grew up being a fan of the Red Wings, while he keeps saying to the MTL media that he grew up a Canadiens fan and would of loved to put an habs jersey on?[/QUOTE]

I have never read a quote from Vinny that his specific desire was to play for the Habs. Such a statement makes no sense at all - Vinny was a UFA - and signed (currnt contract) with TB - If he wanted to be a Hab- he would have signed with the Habs. He has since signed a 10 year contract with TB!

IMHO Gainey would be crazy to inherit (via trade) that 10 year contract that Vinny signed with TB.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:28 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post

I have never read a quote from Vinny that his specific desire was to play for the Habs. Such a statement makes no sense at all - Vinny was a UFA - and signed (currnt contract) with TB - If he wanted to be a Hab- he would have signed with the Habs. He has since signed a 10 year contract with TB!

IMHO Gainey would be crazy to inherit (via trade) that 10 year contract that Vinny signed with TB.
Vinny never made it to UFA status. To be honest any player when offered a 10 year contract, unless he really really wants to leave that team, will accept as it assures them their financial future. Injuries do happen you know.

As for the ten year contract, it is front loaded, thus if he becomes injured or if he has a sharp drop off in production you can simply buy out his last few years at a very small cap hit. So when you look at the specifics of that contract its not a bad deal.

Also from a business point of view, trading for Vinny is a good deal simply in the sheer number of gear associated to his name that will be sold. And the Habs are a business.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Oshawa General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
How would you compare your home in Tampa Bay and your home in Montreal? – Justine

I actually don't have a home in Montreal. I don't own anything there, I rent every time I go there, but I'm looking for something in the future, possibly this summer. - Vinny

That is making me feel like he will come to the Habs... he do not have a home in Montreal and plan this summer to buy one...

Lecavalier does have a home in the Montreal area now, (purchased recently) so you can make anything you want from that.
Lecavalier will be traded before July 1/09, you can take that to the bank.

Oshawa General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Pascal

I was a big fan of Yzerman as well. I still loved the Habs tho.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
Lecavalier does have a home in the Montreal area now, (purchased recently) so you can make anything you want from that.
I believe that was already being done before the rumors started,but in any case I'm sure deep inside Vinny does wanna become a Hab and he will

Old
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

While Lecavalier was growing up, Steve Yzerman was better than anyone on the habs, so are you going to pick a second rate player, or a HoF like him ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
While Lecavalier was growing up, Steve Yzerman was better than anyone on the habs, so are you going to pick a second rate player, or a HoF like him ?
well there was always Stephan Lebeau with his blue skates!!!! He was so cool!!

Old
03-24-2009, 11:22 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

110% will bash the Habs for not doing a great marketing job when Vinny was born.

Gainey

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
As for the ten year contract, it is front loaded, thus if he becomes injured or if he has a sharp drop off in production you can simply buy out his last few years at a very small cap hit. So when you look at the specifics of that contract its not a bad deal.
No. The formula is an odd one, and the net result is that heavily front-loaded contracts are awful to buy out.

You're more likely to find someone who'll take him to reach the cap floor since his cap hit will be much higher than his actual salary in the end.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:

Wow, what a news flash. Someone telling the media what they want to hear.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
I think this is very possible and even with the huge contract Vinny is still every teams wet dream. Massive trade value for Vinny, he can pretty much pick his team and I still believe the Habs would have the best shot at him even if the NTC kicks in.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
C4KOMI

so what

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote