HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are we still overplaying our vets?

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Are we still overplaying our vets?

i was just checking out the new york rangers website and decided to look at the injury report and practice update

4 players missed practice today to get rest... wonder who

if u guessed hlavac, holik, jagr and mess u guessed right

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/faceof...ticeupdate.asp

i know it really doesnt matter that these guys get tired, but we should be giving more time to garth murray who played what 3 minutes yesterday, time to spread the vets out for these last few games and see how the kids respond to playing with them

id like to try this

murray-holik-ortmeyer
hlavac-lundmark-jagr
green-mess-balej
lacouture-m. green-Mccarthy

also in other news kasper skated on his own for ten minutes, im glad to see he is making progress

Old
03-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
i was just checking out the new york rangers website and decided to look at the injury report and practice update

4 players missed practice today to get rest... wonder who

if u guessed hlavac, holik, jagr and mess u guessed right

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/faceof...ticeupdate.asp

i know it really doesnt matter that these guys get tired, but we should be giving more time to garth murray who played what 3 minutes yesterday, time to spread the vets out for these last few games and see how the kids respond to playing with them

id like to try this

murray-holik-ortmeyer
hlavac-lundmark-jagr
green-mess-balej
lacouture-m. green-Mccarthy

also in other news kasper skated on his own for ten minutes, im glad to see he is making progress
Well, Messier is going to play his 15 minutes (at a minimum) for the rest of the year. Holik will as well. I'd like to see more of a balance with lundmark (getting around 15) and to see Balej/Lundmark get loads of power play time. You should see no older player on the Rangers over 18 now - barring extreme circumstances. Messier/Holik/Lundmark could all play 16 a game / give or take on a given night. Murray should be around 12-15 a night rather then 9. I would take your lines and switch Hlavac with Murray. I'd like to see them give Balej around 18 per night - let him score some goals in these meaningless games to keep his confidence going at the NHL level.

I really believe, however, that Lundmark is not in the Rangers plans and they could care less about his development. I understand you might say, "Well, then they should play him to showcase him..." however, what if they believe there isn't much to showcase? If you have that mindset, the less he plays, the better. I think it's telling that the Rangers didn't put him on the list of players going to Hartford for the playoffs.

Old
03-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
Well, Messier is going to play his 15 minutes (at a minimum) for the rest of the year. Holik will as well. I'd like to see more of a balance with lundmark (getting around 15) and to see Balej/Lundmark get loads of power play time. You should see no older player on the Rangers over 18 now - barring extreme circumstances. Messier/Holik/Lundmark could all play 16 a game / give or take on a given night. Murray should be around 12-15 a night rather then 9. I would take your lines and switch Hlavac with Murray. I'd like to see them give Balej around 18 per night - let him score some goals in these meaningless games to keep his confidence going at the NHL level.

I really believe, however, that Lundmark is not in the Rangers plans and they could care less about his development. I understand you might say, "Well, then they should play him to showcase him..." however, what if they believe there isn't much to showcase? If you have that mindset, the less he plays, the better. I think it's telling that the Rangers didn't put him on the list of players going to Hartford for the playoffs.
park
id have no problem switching murray and hlavac, i just wonder how useful hlavac will be without jagr, jagr seems to be the only player he has played with this entire year that has made him look like an nhl player, but murray could really open things up for lundy and jagr at the same time getting icetime with jagr couldnt hurt his game

as for lundmark not going to hartford, i dont get it? it couldnt hurt to let him go down score some goals, possibly win with hartford and get his confidence up... just strange

Old
03-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Edge

at this point, at 23 and with over 100 games in the NHL and close to 100 in the AHL there is little point in sending him to Hartford. At this point he is either a player or he isn't. It's sink or swim time.

Old
03-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
park
id have no problem switching murray and hlavac, i just wonder how useful hlavac will be without jagr, jagr seems to be the only player he has played with this entire year that has made him look like an nhl player, but murray could really open things up for lundy and jagr at the same time getting icetime with jagr couldnt hurt his game

as for lundmark not going to hartford, i dont get it? it couldnt hurt to let him go down score some goals, possibly win with hartford and get his confidence up... just strange
My only reasoning for Murray/Hlavac was that Lundmark/Jagr would need a rougher player on the wing, if not a bigger one. At this point, to me, it doesn't matter if Hlavac is useful or not - he should have 9 games left as a Ranger anyway.

On Lundmark- well, what if they believe that he wasn't going to go down there and score? What if they believe his results will be so/so? The fact that they aren't giving him that opportunity I believe is telling. He'd be even harder to move if he goes down to Hartford, plays in let's say, 20 playoff games and delievers 8-10 points. It's easier to explain that he has 7 points in 60 games (or however many he's played) because he's on the 4th line playing 8 minutes a night.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:50 PM
NYR469

the reason lundmark wasn't included in the players being sent to hartford for the ahl playoffs is because lundmark would have to clear waivers to be sent down now

Old
03-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Park #2

[QUOTE=NYR469]the reason lundmark wasn't included in the players being sent to hartford for the ahl playoffs is because lundmark would have to clear waivers to be sent down now[/QUOTE

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, Lundmark does not have to clear waivers to be sent to Hartford after the season.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

JD mentioned something about the Hartford moves the other night. He said they were only allowed a certain number of player moves and that with all the call ups there were too many to include Lundmark.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
JD mentioned something about the Hartford moves the other night. He said they were only allowed a certain number of player moves and that with all the call ups there were too many to include Lundmark.
Well, that was my point. There were too many to include somebody - it could have been any left off. I thought Lundmark was a telling choice.

Old
03-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

He hasn't played in Hartford for a season and a half. I don't see it as that strange they didn't pick him. Plus he's coming off a knee injury. Given a choice I think the kids that have busted their butts for the Wolfpack all year should be given first chance. Not a guy who hasn't been there since last December 2002. Just my opinion but it seems people are looking for hidden agendas that don't exist.

Old
03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2

ALL I REALLY HAVE TO SAY IS GIVE BALEJ, G.MURRAY , ORTMEYER,LAMPMAN, TYUTIN,RACHUNEK, HATE LUNDMARK BUT WILL INCLUDE HIM,THEY SHOULD ALL BE PLAYING TONNS OF MINUTES EVERYGAME ATLEAST 15-20 MIN SEE HOW THEY HANDLE BEST WAY TO GET THEM STARTED LET THEM MAKE MISTAKES IT WILL HAPPEN WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE NOW

Old
03-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Edge

alright dude, we get the point, knock off the caps in your postings.

Closed Thread