HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jean Beliveau awarded honoary degree from Ryerson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
  #1
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Jean Beliveau awarded honoary degree from Ryerson

http://www.ryerson.ca/convocation/hondocs/

Jean Beliveau C.C., hockey legend, philanthropist, and community leader.

Ceremony: Tuesday, May 12, The Atrium, George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre.

They gave out the information so I'm assuming they want/are allowing us to come . I'm going to drop by and hopefully get a chance to meet him.

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
  #2
LostMyGlasses*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Simon Fraser
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Thats Dr. Jean Beliveau, to you.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
  #3
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,873
vCash: 256
The real question is will he give his # to Vinny?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:26 PM
  #4
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 500
I am a student here, and I'm going to miss it by 3 days.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:34 PM
  #5
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Maybe I will go see it.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:39 PM
  #6
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK
 
Tricolore#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,217
vCash: 500
You can't just walk into convocation, can you? Tickets are already hard to come by for those who are graduating on that particular day. They certainly aren't going to be handing out tickets to any random hockey fans, I would think.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 04:37 PM
  #7
Dogbert*
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Bring a pillow. The Atrium's seats are uncomfortable as balls. I had a three-hour lecture in there last year, and my back was always killing me by the end of it.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
  #8
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Bring a pillow. The Atrium's seats are uncomfortable as balls. I had a three-hour lecture in there last year, and my back was always killing me by the end of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I am a student here, and I'm going to miss it by 3 days.
What programs are you guys in? I'm in Criminal Justice.

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM
  #9
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
What programs are you guys in? I'm in Criminal Justice.
Doing my MBA.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
  #10
bodybreak
We're Back!
 
bodybreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 720
I graduated from there in 06, and at the time, there was a two-ticket limit per student for guests you could bring to grad... but our grad was in the Theatre, so space was pretty limited.

I don't see any details about the location of the ceremony on the link you provided, but Jean's does say that it will be given to him at a "special" ceremony, where it says the rest of the honorary degrees will be given out during ceremonies targeted for specific schools. They gave one to Adrienne Clarkson at my grad, then she talked for a while, then we got our degrees.

To me, it sounds like Jean's degree will be given to him at a ceremony that is designed specifically for him, so I'd think they'd have it open to the public. Doesn't say anything for sure on that link though.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:45 PM
  #11
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
I graduated from there in 06, and at the time, there was a two-ticket limit per student for guests you could bring to grad... but our grad was in the Theatre, so space was pretty limited.

I don't see any details about the location of the ceremony on the link you provided, but Jean's does say that it will be given to him at a "special" ceremony, where it says the rest of the honorary degrees will be given out during ceremonies targeted for specific schools. They gave one to Adrienne Clarkson at my grad, then she talked for a while, then we got our degrees.

To me, it sounds like Jean's degree will be given to him at a ceremony that is designed specifically for him, so I'd think they'd have it open to the public. Doesn't say anything for sure on that link though.
The details were sent to me via my school e-mail. I'll ask someone tomorrow what the dilly-yo is.

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.