HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN.ca Power Rankings a joke

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 01:28 PM
romain_jaime

vCash: 500
TSN.ca Power Rankings a joke

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...07&hubName=nhl

Take a look and you'll see what I mean. At 8-0-1-1 in their last 10 games the Habs are still ranked only 13th in this "power ranking" system. While the Laffs are ranked 8th this week compared to 9th last week.

I don't understand

Old
03-15-2004, 01:31 PM
hockey_nut

tsn's rankings are CRAP... i like cnnsi's and the fourth period's... both are funny at times, too

tsn's = poo

Old
03-15-2004, 01:33 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
tsn's rankings are CRAP... i like cnnsi's and the fourth period's... both are funny at times, too

tsn's = poo
tsn's is putrid

Old
03-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Darz

This polls are absolutely meaningless. I mean there have been points in the year where we have been ranked higher than I expected, and times like now where we are ranked lower than expected.

These polls hold about as much merit as Circus magazine polls in my mind. (for all you who don't know about the mag Circus, it's a heavy metal mag from the 80's/90's that used to poll reader on the best guitar player/bassist/lead singers etc in music and routinely guys like Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue would win, although the guy had no talent whatsoever and basically admitted it.)

Old
03-15-2004, 01:39 PM
scosar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
tsn's is putrid
Ontario English Speaking Population base predominently Bud Fans (9,000,000)

Quebec English Speaking Population base predominently Hab Fans (1,000,000)

Now if you were a businessman. Who would you cater to.

Old
03-15-2004, 01:42 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
These polls hold about as much merit as Circus magazine polls in my mind.
Ahh, too funny. Yes I remember Circus well and the TSN polls are about the same quality.

I'd actually prefer to be ranked lower than expected, it makes victories like Saturday's all the more rich.

Old
03-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
Ontario English Speaking Population base predominently Bud Fans (9,000,000)

Quebec English Speaking Population base predominently Hab Fans (1,000,000)

Now if you were a businessman. Who would you cater to.

There arent even a million anglos in Quebec. They compose 8% of the population.

Old
03-15-2004, 01:59 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
the biggest joke out of this list is that the sens are #1...guess TSN hasn't watched too many sens games lately and are watching re-runs of last year.

Old
03-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Habber

I don't disagree too much. The tone of the article is all about chances at the Stanley Cup, and it looks to me that's what the rankings are based on.

When you look at it this way, the rankings make a lot more sense. As well as we've done lately, we're still not a top 10 contender and are lowe on the totum pole than the Leafs, Philly, Avs, Jersey, etc. I think we should be at about 10th, ahead of Calgary.

But ranked this low is fine with me. The more of an underdog we are going into the playoffs, the better. I sincerely hope that the media doesn't give us a much a chance at winning the Cup. I mean they projected us to finish well out of the playoffs and look what happenned. Being underestimated is a good thing, not a bad one.

Old
03-15-2004, 02:15 PM
romain_jaime

Here is a quick explanation of how they do the power rankings:

Note: Power Rankings are produced using a formula that takes into account a compilation of individual player grades based on statistical production. More importantly, the team grades intend to take into account which players are in the lineup to replace those who are out due to injury or suspension and aim to reflect which team would win a seven-game series on a neutral rink. Rankings Posted: March 15.

If you would like to voice your opinion regarding the NHL Power Rankings please e-mail Scott Cullen at scullen@tsn.ca.

Old
03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
the biggest joke out of this list is that the sens are #1...guess TSN hasn't watched too many sens games lately and are watching re-runs of last year.
hahaha one of the best avatar I've ever seen SensGod

Old
03-15-2004, 03:44 PM
habsfan11

WHats even more stupid is that toronto moved up from 9th to 8th, in a week in which they lost to both montreal and pittsburg, both teams that are below them....
biased network

Old
03-15-2004, 05:14 PM
romain_jaime

And his formula isn't exactly working when he plots Vancouver as #1 AFTER they've lost Bertuzzi. This guy is a freakin joke !

Old
03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...07&hubName=nhl

Take a look and you'll see what I mean. At 8-0-1-1 in their last 10 games the Habs are still ranked only 13th in this "power ranking" system. While the Laffs are ranked 8th this week compared to 9th last week.

I don't understand
******** que ton lien me fait chier, j'ai fait tout un sursaut moi qui avait le son dans le fond...esti de bande annonce de cul.

Old
03-15-2004, 05:31 PM
romain_jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
******** que ton lien me fait chier, j'ai fait tout un sursaut moi qui avait le son dans le fond...esti de bande annonce de cul.
Wow, talking about no forum edicate.

Old
03-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Quoi? Messire

Old
03-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
These polls hold about as much merit as Circus magazine polls in my mind. (for all you who don't know about the mag Circus, it's a heavy metal mag from the 80's/90's that used to poll reader on the best guitar player/bassist/lead singers etc in music and routinely guys like Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue would win, although the guy had no talent whatsoever and basically admitted it.)
BLASPHEMY!

Old
03-15-2004, 07:31 PM
tritone

Quote:
etiquette

Old
03-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Jacques Strappe

It is my belief that it is the job of the TSN's, the Don Cherry's, the Glen Healy's of the world to massage the disillusioned egos of the Maple Leafs and their hoards of cup hungry fans.
And might I add they do a wonderful job. What self respecting Leaf fan couldn't help but give in to visions of grandeur after listening, watching, reading all of this pro-Leaf rhetoric.

What they perhaps don't know is what a wonderful job they ACTUALLY do for us 'non-Leaf' fans - Habs, Sens, Nucks, B's, whoever you choose to cheer for. All of this one-sided, scintillatingly biased reporting takes all pressure off of EVERY team but the Leafs.

Other teams that meet the Leafs can just go in with the thoughts of (in a ho-hum attitude) "Well, we're playing immortal hockey gods obviously, so we might as well just play our hardest and see what happens."

The Leafs go into it thinking, "We rock! We should probably be in some other elite league far above the bottom feeders and slugs of the hockey world - that we have to endure skating on the same ice surface as them is really wrong and a shame our fans have to watch such lopsided trouncings night after night..."

So what happens? We all know what happens. Leafs lose. Other teams win. T.O. loving media watches through their rose coloured glasses and keep the vicious circle revolving....and when it's all over they will probably be pondering how a team that climbed the power rankings to #1 by the end of the season after being as low as # 12 only a few short weeks ago lost in the first round to the Habs (or insert whatever team you like here), who couldn't manage to scrape their way higher than #13???

MORALE OF THE STORY: Who gives a rat's a$$ what TSN thinks! WE KNOW where the Habs rank. We know how they can play a full game. We know they have the ability to win the close games. And we know they have what it takes to down the Leafs.
Sorry for the ranting. Out.

Old
03-15-2004, 08:06 PM
jacklours

It seems to me that EVERY single week, some guy comes up with that. WE KNOW now, so plz people next week don't come up with another : TSN Power Ranking Sucks

Closed Thread