HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows. Habs win, Habs win!

Old
03-25-2009, 12:31 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And i dont even think Kovalev tried to score on that shot, he was like: "Take that b*tch!"
Oh, he had two goals, he wanted that hat trick.

I think he was more "damn, he's got it covered, maybe if I shoot hard enough I can put the puck THROUGH him."

Nice to see Kovy doing one-timers, but on a line with Tanguay and Koivu, you're just going to get chances... and he's got a rocket.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Oh, he had two goals, he wanted that hat trick.

I think he was more "damn, he's got it covered, maybe if I shoot hard enough I can put the puck THROUGH him."

Nice to see Kovy doing one-timers, but on a line with Tanguay and Koivu, you're just going to get chances... and he's got a rocket.

lol ahhh was THAT what that 2nd goal was lol, in fact both his goals were flub shots hehe

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

you could see the habs loosen up once they got the 2 goal lead. They played much better hockey after that.

Its making me believe more and more that this team`s struggles can partly be blamed on how nervous they are and the pressure that they are feeling.

Hopefully, this win helps keep them somewhat loose from the start of the match against tampa.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Did Bob listen to Dube? All our stars got most of their minutes on the pp.

Actually, I checked and Taguay had just 3:59 on the pp. Same for Koivu. It felt like much more during the game.
their ice time on the pp was low because they kept scoring and ending the powerplays early.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:52 AM
prairie hab

Aside from the obvious "stars" tonight, I though Dandeneault played a hell of a game. He beat out two icings, made some heads up passes, and was great on the PK.

DANDENEAULT IS HERE TO STAY. No more Laraque please. Let S. Kost/D'Agos/Stewart fight it out for the last forward spot.

The Pleks/Kost/Kost line is too soft for my liking.

I would not be opposed to seeing Dandy come back next year at a reasonable price. He knows his role, and always plays hard.

Loved Komisarek tonight as well.

Anyone notice how the bench was appreciative of Gorges after blocking that shot? Little things like this might be enough to pull the dressing room together and focus on playing some good hockey going into the playoffs......... yes, i said PLAYOFFS!

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:56 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

The Tanguay-Koivu-Kovy line was domination. The kosy bros and pleky line needs to gel, but I think they'll be exciting as all hell once they find their confidence. The Laps line didn't really play their game tonight, but against atlanta that was to be expected. Really liked metro with Higgins and Dandy too, though I's like to see Dandy replaced by D'Agostini and make that line more of a scoring kind of line...

We def got some of our mojo back tonight.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Peacock

I'm trying to keep my hopes down, cause I've been dissapointed before but GOD WINNING FEELS GOOD.

THANK YOU LORD, THE TRANSITION PLAY WAS SO MUCH BETTER. And we didn't allow over 40 shots for once! MIRACLE

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Aside from the obvious "stars" tonight, I though Dandeneault played a hell of a game. He beat out two icings, made some heads up passes, and was great on the PK.

DANDENEAULT IS HERE TO STAY. No more Laraque please. Let S. Kost/D'Agos/Stewart fight it out for the last forward spot.

The Pleks/Kost/Kost line is too soft for my liking.

I would not be opposed to seeing Dandy come back next year at a reasonable price. He knows his role, and always plays hard.

Loved Komisarek tonight as well.

Anyone notice how the bench was appreciative of Gorges after blocking that shot? Little things like this might be enough to pull the dressing room together and focus on playing some good hockey going into the playoffs......... yes, i said PLAYOFFS!
It reminded me a lot of a shift that Begin had against the Leafs a few years back on a 5 on 3 where he he blocked ***** like crazy and literally limped to the bench and got a huge show of appreciation from the bench.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:15 AM
SooperSingh

alright this is the third time it's happened to me....

I benched Kovalev in my pool, and all three times its come to bite me. Last time i benched him he had 2 point and a 3 point night. So from now on, for the sake of the habs, i'm willing to let my fantasy team go in the ditches (i'm first btw).

I will bench Kovalev for the rest of the year!

SooperSingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:15 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
THANK YOU LORD, THE TRANSITION PLAY WAS SO MUCH BETTER. And we didn't allow over 40 shots for once! MIRACLE
These two things happening in the same game is not a coincidence.

Old
03-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The way he just stood up and stayed still, he looked PISSED. I think he wanted to hurt someone with that shot.
Hahaha that would've been the greatest goal since the helmet-less Lafleur goal last year in the POs. He was so pissed! It was weird though people seemed to think the play was stop, no one was moving, Hammer sent it back to him and he just RIPPED it!

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Adam91

[QUOTE=
Canadien Express is great.[/QUOTE]

That it is.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote of the night, after Joey Crabb scored his goal:
Pierre: Et Joey Crabb, Benoit, est né à Anchorage... c'est donc un "crabe" de l'Alaska!!
Benoit: (rire inconfortable)...

Translation:
Pierre: And Joey Crabb, Benoit, was born in Anchorage... so he's really an Alaskan "crab"!!
Ben: (awkward laugh)...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:38 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol ahhh was THAT what that 2nd goal was lol, in fact both his goals were flub shots hehe
His first goal was definitely NOT a flubber. You need to rewatch this goal, it was an amazing backhand chip shot off the post and in. Watching Kovalev make plays like that just reminds you of how dominant he can be when he wants to be.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:46 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

first game in a long time that I was able to enjoy ,and a pissed kovy was funny lol it looked like he wanted to kill someone with that shot it was great lol

Ryan O'Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Now we have our very own Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Dr Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Its making me believe more and more that this team`s struggles can partly be blamed on how nervous they are and the pressure that they are feeling.
This is something I was worried about already at the beginning of this season. The hype even before there was a single game played was incredible and you could just feel it. It was like it was an inevitable destiny that Habs must win their 25th Cup in their 100th season. The pressure on players, always high in Montreal, must have been just incredible this season. I was even thinking that they may actually have a better chance next season when all this hype is over.

As long as they were gaining points everything went well, even if their game wasn't perfect. But when the problems started everything just fell apart and it took a while, longer than usual, to get it all back together. And there really is not a single person you can blame about it. I really hope those problems are all over now, but we'll just have to wait and see.

You must remember that even if the players are professionals, after all they are just human beings.

Dr Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 06:46 AM
ReVeuF

I guess the 1 on 1 meetings Bob Gainey got with his players did wonders

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
albertabound

Where was captain lapierre tonite? 43% in face offs no points?

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:22 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
Now we have our very own Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line

thats exactly what i was thinking last night, but i think its a pipe dream to think that these 3 will play like this on a nightly basis. Kovy will go back to being Kovy and Koivu well the boost of energy he had last night will disappear and well you know the rest, but hey we need the points so good for them on playing hard last night...Thanks to Tangs.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
Hahaha that would've been the greatest goal since the helmet-less Lafleur goal last year in the POs. He was so pissed! It was weird though people seemed to think the play was stop, no one was moving, Hammer sent it back to him and he just RIPPED it!
I'd rather have the puck hit the goalie's mask then the crossbar.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Santino

i have to say great game. good job boys. one thing really pissed me off though about last nights game. In the 3rd when we were short handed and Georges blocked a shot and landed on his foot or ankle. He played the rest of the shift limping and managed to make a successful clearance. To me thats an athlete with heart, and i give him total props for that. He skates back to bench and heres the best part. Brunet does not even comment on the fact that he blocked the shot and played the rest of the shift on one leg practically, no he says, (in french obviously). '' look at brisebois..comforting his player after an injury. what a team player.'' (if wasnt word for word. dont quote me on that bit it was something quite similar to that) I may be blowing it out of proportion here but i found it ridiculous yet i wasnt surprised that that instead of Brunet commenting on a players great play, he directs it to what brisebois did which was absolutly nothing. Im just really getting sick and tired of hearing his voice when im watching the games. I really hope to god hes not there next year.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I sure hope they can play a loose style like this every night.

If the AK-Plex-SK line can get it going also...

And if anyone wants to downplay this win (haven't checked), we just played a red hot team and served 'em lunch.

Let's go Habs...go hot into the playoffs and bring on the Bruins.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
gillyguzzler

Quite a few positives :

The first line of course... All three were awesome and Kovy finally played hard.
Komisarek was a beast, finally.
Markov was Markov.
Fourth line played well.
Gorges was great.
Schneider played less than 20 minutes.

Meh : Price was all right but still looks shaky to me. Lapierre line was OK, no more. Plek line needs to gel. Brisebois is outmatched physically and is prone to stupid mistakes... not a good mix. Defensive zone play wasn't great. 5 on 5 play wasn't great. Lehtonen was horrible.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:52 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Lehtonen was horrible.
Statistically this is true, but you look at the goals scored on him and none of them were truly weak. He could have saved one, maybe two with fantastic saves, but the high shot percentage was just a reflection of the Habs' execution (and, as always in hockey, a bit of good fortune) than the goalie's mistakes.