HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STH "Town Hall" Meeting Report

Old
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

vCash: 500
Jesus, some of you guys have the most pointless arguments I've ever seen.

Like honestly, we just clinched a playoff spot...BE HAPPY!

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Jesus, some of you guys have the most pointless arguments I've ever seen.

Like honestly, we just clinched a playoff spot...BE HAPPY!
I agree on that part. It seems that recently, the most rediculas debates are being brought up. Its like if someone here came in saying the sky was blue, someone else would come in saying, no its actually light blue. Then others will join in arguing the damn thing. I dont mind debating, since I ussually take place in the goalie debates and JvR ones but really, people are finding the most asinine debates recently.

Your second part I dont agree with though. Just cause we clinched a playoff spot, doent mean that the way we have been playing recently will even get us through the first found, especially if we play a hot team like Carolina. You can be happy and worries at the same time.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I agree on that part. It seems that recently, the most rediculas debates are being brought up. Its like if someone here came in saying the sky was blue, someone else would come in saying, no its actually light blue. Then others will join in arguing the damn thing. I dont mind debating, since I ussually take place in the goalie debates and JvR ones but really, people are finding the most asinine debates recently.

Your second part I dont agree with though. Just cause we clinched a playoff spot, doent mean that the way we have been playing recently will even get us through the first found, especially if we play a hot team like Carolina. You can be happy and worries at the same time.
Oh I agree completely, thats what being a Philly fan is all about. I never thought a season would end in "happy" till the Phils did it. Other than that I've always been deathly worried about loosing at the worst time in the playoffs. Atleast we know its possible for a Philadelphia team to win a Championship, I thought my whole life it would never happen.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:52 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Just to clarify the atomic bomb that I seemed to have set off, the bottle wasn't in the locker room where they put their equipment on or where they go between periods. There is a room where they keep their street clothes and personal belongings right near the exit. This is a room where they put on their under armour/whatever so that their street clothes don't smell. There were like 6 doors in the hallway and it went:

Actual locker room w/equipment------>Showers/Whirlpool-------->Weight room------->Coach's Room------->Film Room------->Room where the vodka was

Calm down people.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
30 reasons it could be there? As far as I know, there's 1 reason to keep vodka around. That reason is to drink it.

I have no problem with the guys going out and doing a little partying as long as it doesn't affect the on-ice performance, they're young and they have money, it's their prerogative.

But like I said, having a bottle of vodka in your place of work is just a little unprofessional to me, I'd prefer that they kept that stuff away from the ice.

And as I said earlier, do you think a Tortorella, a Babcock, or even a Nolan tolerates that? My guess would be no.
So at some point in your life, did someone bring a bottle of vodka to your job and it in turn severely ruined your life? That's the only feasible idea I can come up with to react that strongly to such a trivial thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Just because one has a bottle of vodka in their locker does not mean they're out on the ice sitting around thinking about how they're going to get ****-faced. Happy Hour is an immensely popular phenomenon...and workers throughout the world look forward to hitting up the bar that is within walking distance from the office on a regular basis.

And, as you get older, you will find that social drinking is VERY much part of many work environments. Especially high stress ones.
This post describes my life. Yeah sure I'm only 23, but my job sucks because I get to listen to CEO's and VP's be *******s all day, every day. It takes a toll, and like Jester mentioned I imagine getting the **** out of here at the end of the day and having a beer. ****, I'm not even gonna lie. There have been several times I've gone to the liquor store during lunch, and me and my co-worker have sat out in the parking lot and had a drink. No it's not the most professional thing in the world, but it didn't get in the way of me finishing my work, and I certainly don't see anyone arguing over it on the internet.

And I totally agree that this board has some of the most ridiculous arguments ever.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Just to clarify the atomic bomb that I seemed to have set off, the bottle wasn't in the locker room where they put their equipment on or where they go between periods. There is a room where they keep their street clothes and personal belongings right near the exit. This is a room where they put on their under armour/whatever so that their street clothes don't smell. There were like 6 doors in the hallway and it went:

Actual locker room w/equipment------>Showers/Whirlpool-------->Weight room------->Coach's Room------->Film Room------->Room where the vodka was

Calm down people.
I had thought that that was seen on TV after last night game... May I ask when and how you saw the vodka bottle? If some one wanted to give Richards a gift could they just place it there for him to find?

Also, wouldn't it be safe to assume any employee who would be drinking at his place of employment would take time to conceal the evidence? I would think that only some one secure in their belief that they not be accused of anything wrong would just plop such a bottle in open view to be seen and commented on.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
So at some point in your life, did someone bring a bottle of vodka to your job and it in turn severely ruined your life? That's the only feasible idea I can come up with to react that strongly to such a trivial thing.

This post describes my life. Yeah sure I'm only 23, but my job sucks because I get to listen to CEO's and VP's be *******s all day, every day. It takes a toll, and like Jester mentioned I imagine getting the **** out of here at the end of the day and having a beer. ****, I'm not even gonna lie. There have been several times I've gone to the liquor store during lunch, and me and my co-worker have sat out in the parking lot and had a drink. No it's not the most professional thing in the world, but it didn't get in the way of me finishing my work, and I certainly don't see anyone arguing over it on the internet.

And I totally agree that this board has some of the most ridiculous arguments ever.
Kambo, if you ever see me needing help in here, please refrain from coming to my aid.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
This is the perfect post, and time...to welcome you to the Flyers board sir!

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:

Calm down people.
Oh you mean it's not a big deal? Shocking.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Haha talk about a overreaction here.

I mean, my most recent internship, we'd get out at 8 or 9 and go out and drink, I don't have a problem with happy hour and whatnot.

My issue is that this is a team that is lazy, appears to be unmotivated a lot of the time, is very undisciplined, and has a captain who's dismissed several bad losses as unimportant.

Then there's the whole alcohol in the locker room.

If this is a team like the Wings or Bruins who always work hard, who stay disciplined, and don't take dumb penalties all the time, I don't have as much of a problem with it.

But like I said, I do have issues with the attitude of the team, I had them before "vodkagate", I just am trying to figure out when this team is going to start getting serious and like I said, it's just off-putting to me.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Viller

I'm sure the bottle has somekind of meaning, the team would not allow him to have that there if it meant drinking after practices and games... Maybe has something to do with the playoffs last year, keeping it around for good luck perhaps?. And I suspect that if this team wins the cup, there wont be any champagne available for anyone under 30. lol

People need to calm the **** down.

edit: comedy option: Richards trying to convinve Bulin to sign here this summer or maybe bring Belfour out of retirement

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:33 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
The attitude the team has is not because of the alcohol. And by the way, everyone drinks. Even athletes.

Even if it was there would be no way the coaching staff or management would allow it there. Im sure it was a one time thing, like a gift in an office.

This is the dumbest argument i've ever seen on here.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
I had thought that that was seen on TV after last night game... May I ask when and how you saw the vodka bottle? If some one wanted to give Richards a gift could they just place it there for him to find?

Also, wouldn't it be safe to assume any employee who would be drinking at his place of employment would take time to conceal the evidence? I would think that only some one secure in their belief that they not be accused of anything wrong would just plop such a bottle in open view to be seen and commented on.

We were given a tour of the locker room at the end of the night, and it was right there on top of his locker. I wouldn't be surprised if someone put it there for him to find it, that's a good point.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post

It was all over the Business' Future boards. With similar indignation.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
This is the perfect post, and time...to welcome you to the Flyers board sir!
Thank you... I'm very happy to be here.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
We were given a tour of the locker room at the end of the night, and it was right there on top of his locker. I wouldn't be surprised if someone put it there for him to find it, that's a good point.
Thanks, that makes it clearer to me... Seeing it there on an off day... I don't think it is there for a between periods swig. My guess is that he was happy to discover it there when he arrived the following day for game day practice.

In any event, I don't really care because it is none of my business. No need for a rush to judgment, nor any judgement whatsoever.

Old
04-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
It was all over the Business' Future boards. With similar indignation.
Indignation about the bottle OR about the overreaction?

Old
04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Brophy

Not to change the subject but did they say anything about Knuble?

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
Here is a detailed report by a trusted source, IMO:

http://thesportsdiva.com/2009/04/08/...2009/#more-180

Her report from Luukko sounded not very promising, but her one from Homer sounded extremely promising for bringing him back.

Old
04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
I knew I was forgetting something, it was Knuble.

Holmgren said that they want to bring him back, and Mike wants to be back. He said that chances are that makes for a guy coming back, but not at his current number. He did bring up having Knuble at a base salary of 500K with a bunch of reachable bonuses. He didn't say whether those bonuses would count against the cap or not.

Old
04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Kambo, if you ever see me needing help in here, please refrain from coming to my aid.
Everybody here already knows I'm an alcoholic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Haha talk about a overreaction here.

I mean, my most recent internship, we'd get out at 8 or 9 and go out and drink, I don't have a problem with happy hour and whatnot.

My issue is that this is a team that is lazy, appears to be unmotivated a lot of the time, is very undisciplined, and has a captain who's dismissed several bad losses as unimportant.

Then there's the whole alcohol in the locker room.

If this is a team like the Wings or Bruins who always work hard, who stay disciplined, and don't take dumb penalties all the time, I don't have as much of a problem with it.

But like I said, I do have issues with the attitude of the team, I had them before "vodkagate", I just am trying to figure out when this team is going to start getting serious and like I said, it's just off-putting to me.
So you want to make an excuse that one bottle of vodka is the exact reason why the entire team isn't playing that good? Genius.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Opus

Is anybody going to change their username to...

Absolut Richards

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

^^^

Vodka rules!

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Other than in Game 7, where there has been a significant advantage to home ice.
So if they are swept in the 1st round, are you going to say they've improved from last year?

You're also assuming there will be a Game 7 to be played, as well. I would rather have that game be at home, than the road, but you're citing one game of the series as being an advantage to the home team. I'm citing the whole series. Like when 10 or 12 years in a row a 7 seed beet a 2 seed. Or when the 8th seeded Oilers went to the Finals?

Quote:
And, more to the point, who the hell cares if you care about home ice? It's in an explicit sense a sign of improvement over last year.
The Flyers don't measure themselves their success in the regular season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Orange and Black

I guess its a good thing no one noticed the crack pipe in Randy Jones' locker

Orange and Black is offline   Reply With Quote