HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-25-09 Ducks at Avs 7 PM MT

Old
03-25-2009, 11:49 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 500
Remember when this team was good enough to win Stanley Cups?

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:50 PM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Not much point in firing him now. They'll wait until the end of the season.
Really hope so, I want the new guy to start off winning.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:51 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
I didn't see the game cause I was at work. Won't ask how the team played, I already saw the score, but how did Wolski play?
The usual.

Flashes of brilliance, than when he realizes he's playing with 2 wingers who have no puck control or skill, he gets down on himself and seems disinterested/tries to do it all himself. He is just waiting to break out, you can see it, but he needs consistently good linemates right now and he needs to get some confidence back. He also had a couple bombs on the point on the PP which was nice to see.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Remember when this team was good enough to win Stanley Cups?
Remember when this team was good enough to win?

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
PeterTheGreat

So, 8 games left, here is who we play:

3 Vancouver
Anaheim
San Jose
Dallas
Pheonix
St. Louis

I think we'll probably win 2 of the last 8 games.

Old
03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

3 Vancouver
Anaheim
San Jose
Dallas
Pheonix
St. Louis

Two may be generous

Old
03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post
Remember when this team was good enough to win?
Vaguely

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:01 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Regardless of how pointless it is right now, how can this organization not fire Granato at this point and still expect to be taken seriously?

Old
03-26-2009, 12:04 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Regardless of how pointless it is right now, how can this organization not fire Granato at this point and still expect to be taken seriously?
There will probably be better coaches available in the summer, plus it gives more time to interview the coaches etc. (not that this organization interviews new coaches anyways).

Might as well suck it up for 8 more games, get a better draft pick, and start fresh in the offseason.

Old
03-26-2009, 12:04 AM
SakicForsRoy

Mmm, wow. 7-2 and I cannot believe I actually watched the entire game.

While I think it would be awesome if this team can draft good picks. I am still concerned of the team that will actually be on the ice next season, especially in goal.

I guess we will see.

SakicForsRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:10 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

I think you have to fire Granato at this point. What message are you sending to the 1200 fans that still go to your games? **** you, we do what we want?

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:15 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I think you have to fire Granato at this point. What message are you sending to the 1200 fans that still go to your games? **** you, we do what we want?
Imagine how the crowd would have felt if this were happening tomorrow night instead? Everyone ready for up to 16 inches of snow!

Old
03-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Chileiceman

Can you imagine after all this we only end up picking 5th? That would be ****ed

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Jori

Quote:
Imagine how the crowd would have felt if this were happening tomorrow night instead? Everyone ready for up to 16 inches of snow!
No

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:21 AM
chet1926

Does anybody else think that Hensick is the best passer on the team? His passes are always crisp and on somebodies stick he doesn't hesitate he makes a decision then fires it off. I think we should think hard about converting him to the wing I think he would be a descent top 9 winger, there is too much responsibility for him to play center at this level, but at wing I think he would be respectable.

Looking ahead to next year... the only players that should be guaranteed spots are Smyth, Stastny, Hejduk, Wolski, Lappy (if resigned), Mcleod and our top 5 pick. That leaves 5-6 forward spots open for competition the best players should get the spots. If that means we pay Tucker 2mil to ride the bench then fine I don't care, if he isn't performing buy him out.

On D Hannan, Foote, Liles then open competition for the rest of the spots.

Goalies two new ones better be in nets next year.

What I've seen the last 3 games has been absolutely unacceptable. Even the Islanders have been somewhat competitive in their games. We are just getting blown out by bottom end playoff teams. All I can say is there better be drastic changes coming in the off-season, because this year has been unacceptable by all means, there really hasn't even been a bright spot. We as fans deserve better than this, and I hope management respects us fans enough to not let this crap happen again.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

McLeod continues to have a good season. He's quickly become one of my favorite players. I hope that Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, or whomever we pick is the franchise player we're all hoping for. If not this season was totally irrelevant in every respect.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:27 AM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Can you imagine after all this we only end up picking 5th? That would be ****ed
Knock on wood!

Old
03-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
McLeod continues to have a good season. He's quickly become one of my favorite players. I hope that Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, or whomever we pick is the franchise player we're all hoping for. If not this season was totally irrelevant in every respect.
Well more local media members are jumping on the tank for Tavares/Hedman bandwagon. The latest...Vic Lombardi from News 4.

Old
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Does anybody else think that Hensick is the best passer on the team? His passes are always crisp and on somebodies stick he doesn't hesitate he makes a decision then fires it off. I think we should think hard about converting him to the wing I think he would be a descent top 9 winger, there is too much responsibility for him to play center at this level, but at wing I think he would be respectable.

Looking ahead to next year... the only players that should be guaranteed spots are Smyth, Stastny, Hejduk, Wolski, Lappy (if resigned), Mcleod and our top 5 pick. That leaves 5-6 forward spots open for competition the best players should get the spots. If that means we pay Tucker 2mil to ride the bench then fine I don't care, if he isn't performing buy him out.

On D Hannan, Foote, Liles then open competition for the rest of the spots.

Goalies two new ones better be in nets next year.

What I've seen the last 3 games has been absolutely unacceptable. Even the Islanders have been somewhat competitive in their games. We are just getting blown out by bottom end playoff teams. All I can say is there better be drastic changes coming in the off-season, because this year has been unacceptable by all means, there really hasn't even been a bright spot. We as fans deserve better than this, and I hope management respects us fans enough to not let this crap happen again.
I think you just need to pair Hensick with someone that can outmuscle people, I'd really like to see him re-paired with David Jones.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClericMercenaryAgent View Post
I think you just need to pair Hensick with someone that can outmuscle people, I'd really like to see him re-paired with David Jones.
Yep, Jones and Hensick have a lot of chemsitry.

Old
03-26-2009, 12:35 AM
NWAvs

Quote:

3 Vancouver
Anaheim
San Jose
Dallas
Pheonix
St. Louis

I hope the Lightning can at least win 4 from here on, but their schedule is a lot tougher than ours.

Canadiens
Capitals 2
Senators
Bruins
Devils
Islanders
Penguins
Thrashers

Old
03-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
No
Shoot, I live down in Castle Rock, we'll get closer to 2'

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Um wow Boods...that was Salo-esque
When I saw that I thought it was the softest goal in Avalanche history. My seats are on the opposite end (attack twice), so I'm a little over 200 feet away, but it looked like the worst goal I've ever seen scored against a goaltender for the Avs.

Quote:
3-0 after one period. Granato has completely lost this team. I don't know how anyone could defend him injuries or not.
You can't. It is so laughable how some of the guys on NHL Netwrok or whatever defend him and say the Avs are so decimated by injuries. It was worse last year. The guy has failed 3 seasons now.

Quote:
I don't see how Granato can keep his job after this year. The players aren't playing for him, and he is in way over his head.

FG should start packing his bags too.
He should be fired no later than 8 AM on Monday morning April 13th. Since the game on the 12th is a matinee they might as well do it shortly after the game. If it were a night game I would let the guy go home and sleep and then call him in the morning to tell him his ass is gone.

Quote:
I'm guessing Williams or Campbell would get the call if Salei is out for some time.
I'd like to see Nigel Williams get some time with the big club, but I fear what kind of effect this all is having on the youngsters who are coming up for the first time. Their first taste of the NHL is with a coaching staff that doesn't know WTF they're doing and a team that has completely given up on the staff and the goaltenders.

Maybe it would be best to leave some of the more promising prospects out of this mess for the next 8 games.

Quote:
6-0

This one's going to end 12-0.
Everyone in my section thought we were on pace for a 10-1 loss after the second period. It was nice to see them not completely collapse in the 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I think this is Granatool's last game. Unfortunately, that will mean that the Avs will get a boost from whoever takes over and win a bunch of games.
Quote:
I guess Dave Barr could take over the interim duties for the last eight games or so.
Quote:
I thought about all that too. As I left tonight I thought that you have to do it. Because of what I mentioned about the young AHL players and for every other reason there is. He has completely lost the room. Though we aren't playing for anything but pride it seems like the right thing to do.

I don't know what else to say right now. At least Ryan Smyth gets it. He said "We've gotta show up to work. The fans pay good money to see us play and to perform like we have the last couple of home games is unacceptable."

I wouldn't mind seeing Granato and Cloutier canned and let Barr have the team for the last 8 games. There are some guys with the Avs like Kono, Billington, Goulet, and Hackett who could jump behind the bench with him to manage the last 8 games (maybe not Biller as he has a pretty important job). We all know it ain't happening though.

Whatever they do they need to show up for the fans who are paying the big money to see them play. Lower level season ticket holders are paying a minimum of $180 per game for 2 tickets and a parking pass. They can't keep "treating" the fans to this crap. It's not right.

The youth skater they had out for the national anthem was bigger than all 5 of the Avs skaters on the ice with him. Obviously the kid is in high school, but I thought it was funny that he was noticeably bigger than all the Avs on the ice. I'm guessing he plays with more heart, pride, and emotion than most guys on the 2008-2009 Colorado Avalanche too.

I wish we had more guys with Ryan Smyth's work ethic and attitude.

Last edited by Golden Foppa: 03-26-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:46 AM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Isn't that the message management's been sending since the team moved to town?

detrude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Granato and Cloutier canned and let Barr have the team for the last 8 games. There are some guys with the Avs like Kono, Billington, Goulet, and Hackett who could jump behind the bench with him to manage the last 8 games (maybe not Biller as he has a pretty important job). We all know it ain't happening though.
Unfortunately I don't think Konowalchuk is with the franchise anymore.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote