HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Prospect Signings (Added: Matt Pope - RW)

Old
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Prospect Signings (Added: Matt Pope - RW)

I thought I would turn this into an all-purpose thread for prospect signings. I'm not discouraging people from starting threads for big name prospect signings, but thought this could be a handy resource for keeping track of juniors/college players signed by NHL teams, not so much AHL try-out contracts.

Here's what I've got from recent weeks. Any players to add

Anaheim: MacGregor Sharp - C, Mark Mitera - D, Dan Sexton - RW,
Atlanta: Paul Postma - D, Andrew Kozek - RW,
Boston: Yannick Riendeau - RW, Matt Dalton - G, Jamie Arniel - C,
Buffalo: Matt Generous - D, Travis Turnbull - RW, Drew Schiestel -D, T.J. Brennan - D, Tyler Myers - D, Paul Byron - C,
Carolina: Mike Murphy - G, Jamie McBain - D, Matthew Pistilli - RW, Chris Terry - LW,
Chicago: Brian Connelly - D, Jonathan Carlsson - D, Alec Richards - G, Rob Klinkhammer C,Kyle Beach - LW,
Colorado: Cedric Lalonde-McNicol - C, Ryan Stoa - C, Trevor Cann - G, Cameron Gaunce - D,
Columbus: Tomas Kubalik - RW,
Dallas: Richard Bachman - G, Luke Gazdic - LW, Philip Larsen - D, Michael Neal - LW,
Detroit: Sebastien Piche - D, Francis Pare - C, Jordan Pearce - G,
Edmonton: Jordan Eberle - RW, Johan Motin - D, Alex Plante - D, Milan Kytnar -C,
Florida: Alexander Salak - G,
Los Angeles: Corey Elkins C, Patrick Mullen - LW, Dwight King - LW,
Minnesota: Cody Almond - C, Marco Scandella - D, Carson McMillan - RW,
Montreal: Olivier Fortier - C, Dany Masse - LW, P.K. Subban - D, Andre Benoit - D, Mikael Johansson - C,
Nashville: Colin Wilson - C,
NY Islanders: Justin DiBenedetto - LW, Mark Katic - D, Michael Haley - C,
NY Rangers: Paul Crowder - C, Matt Gilroy - D, Jordan Owens - LW, Ilkka Heikkinen - D, Michael Del Zotto - D, Andres Ambuhl - RW, Chris Doyle - C,
Ottawa: Craig Schira - D, Erik Karlsson - D, Ryan Keller - RW,
Philadelphia: James van Riemsdyk - LW, Joonas Lehtivuori - D,
Phoenix: Jeff May - D, Justin Bernhardt - RW,
Pittsburgh: Brad Thiessen - G, Joe Vitale - C, Casey Pierro-Zabotel - LW, Robert Bortuzzo - D, Brian Strait - D,
San Jose: Nick Petrecki - D, Joe Loprieno - D, Alex Stalock - G, Kevin Henderson - LW, John McCarthy - LW, Brandon Mashinter - LW,
St. Louis: Brett Sonne - C, Anthony Peluso - RW, Philip McRae - C, Aaron Palushaj - RW
Tampa Bay: Mitch Fadden - C,
Toronto: Chris DiDomenico - C, Alex Berry - RW, Christian Hanson - C, Tyler Bozak - C, Robert Slaney - LW, Viktor Stalberg - LW, Juraj Mikus - D, Mikhail Stefanovich - C, Carl Gunnarsson - D,
Vancouver: Taylor Ellington - D, Eric Walsky - RW, Evan Oberg - D, Sergei Shirokov - LW, Matt Pope - RW,
Washington: Trevor Bruess - C, Zach Miskovic - D, Stefan Della Rovere - LW, Joe Finley - D, Anton Gustafsson - C, Jake Hauswirth - C,

Last edited by caley: 06-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.
caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
PeterTheGreat

You can add the Avs signing Cedric Lalonde-McNicoll to the list.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
You can add the Avs signing Cedric Lalonde-McNicoll to the list.
That's a pretty good pick-up for the Avs ... I was wondering if someone was going to give him a chance.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Nfumass

vCash: 386
petrecki has signed, its on the prospect board with a source

Nfumass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

You can add Zach Miskovic (D, St. Lawrence) to the list for the Washington Capitals. I mean, assuming he counts (same situation as Bruess basically).

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?se...ticleid=415375

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:57 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Jamie McBain has signed

Quote:
Hockey in Wisconsin has learned that WCHA Player of the Year Jamie McBain signed a professional contract with Carolina last night. As far as I can tell, this news has not yet been released by any official sources or traditional media outlets.
http://www.wissports.net/sports/hock...=89&id=1016734

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
You can add Zach Miskovic (D, St. Lawrence) to the list for the Washington Capitals. I mean, assuming he counts (same situation as Bruess basically).

No, that's perfect. Exactly what I was hoping for this thread to turn into. Especially the post about McBain which hasn't been reported anywhere else.

Old
03-26-2009, 01:09 AM
Oblivion

I was hoping someone would take the initiative to start up an all-purpose prospect signings thread, instead of having 15 seperate threads with 10 views each.

Protip: Alphebatize the list based on team name, their's like 15 prospects up there and it's already tough to read/decipher.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 01:35 AM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
I was hoping someone would take the initiative to start up an all-purpose prospect signings thread, instead of having 15 seperate threads with 10 views each.

Protip: Alphebatize the list based on team name, their's like 15 prospects up there and it's already tough to read/decipher.
Good idea, I'll do that tomorrow.

Old
03-26-2009, 03:36 AM
SOKOL

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ct_signed.html

Mario Kempe has signed an amateur tryout contract with the AHL Phantoms

SOKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post

That's a good signing for the Caps; I was hoping St. Louis would give him a shot...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 1832
terms of the McBain contract, as per the Canes site: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=415469

Jason Karmanos, Vice President and Assistant General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the club has agreed to terms with defenseman Jamie McBain on a three-year, entry-level contract.

McBain’s contract will begin with the 2009-10 season, and will pay him an average of $600,000 per year at the NHL level, $62,500 at the minor-league level and a $255,000 signing bonus. The Hurricanes selected McBain in the second round, 63rd overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Teemu

At this point, it's looking like Brian Connelly might only be under contract with the IceHogs... still no word from the official team site.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:53 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Richard Bachman should sign a contract with the Dallas Stars today.

Quote:
Bachman close to signing: Stars goalie prospect Richard Bachman is close to agreeing to terms on a standard three-year rookie contract. The 21-year-old Bachman was taken 120th overall in the 2006 entry draft and has spent the last two seasons at Colorado College.

He went 25-9-1 with a 1.95 GAA and was named a first-team All-Star for the Western Collegiate Hockey Association last season. This year, he played in front of a less experienced team and went 14-11-10 with a 2.63 GAA.

If Bachman signs, he will forego the final two years of college eligibility and will probably play in the AHL or the ECHL next season.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3ee9ec3.html

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I thought I would turn this into an all-purpose thread for prospect signings. I'm not discouraging people from starting threads for big name prospect signings, but thought this could be a handy resource for keeping track of juniors/college players signed by NHL teams, not so much AHL try-out contracts.

Here's what I've got from recent weeks. Any players to add

Carolina: Mike Murphy - G, Jamie McBain - D
Chicago: Brian Connelly - D,
Colorado: Cedric Lalonde-McNicol - C,
Edmonton: Jordan Eberle - RW,
Montreal: Olivier Fortier - C,
NY Rangers: Paul Crowder - C,
Ottawa: Craig Schira - D,
Phoenix: Jeff May - D,
San Jose: Nick Petrecki - D,
St. Louis: Brett Sonne - C, Anthony Peluso - RW, Philip McRae - C,
Toronto: Chris DiDomenico - C, Alex Berry - D,
Vancouver: Taylor Ellington - D, Eric Walsky - RW,
Washington: Trevor Bruess - C, Zach Miskovic - D,
I thought Alex Berry was a RW, not a D?

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Richard Bachman should sign a contract with the Dallas Stars today.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3ee9ec3.html
The end of Stephan has arrived.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 09:03 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
The end of Stephan has arrived.
Bachman isn't ready for the NHL. Who knows if Stephan is either, but Bachman will have no impact on Stephan's NHL job next year.

He'll probably lose it, but it will be to a free agent.

Old
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
caley

Quote:
The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that it has signed University of Minnesota forward Ryan Stoa to an entry-level contract.

Colorado’s first selection (second round, 34th overall) in the 2005 Entry Draft, Stoa was named to the 2008-09 All-WCHA First Team after leading the Gophers with 46 points (24g/22a) in 36 games during his junior season. Stoa, Minnesota’s team captain, finished as the WCHA scoring champion with 36 points (19g/17a) in 27 league games. The 21-year-old native of Bloomington, Minn., currently ranks sixth in the nation in points-per-game (1.28) and third in goals-per-game (0.67).

http://avalanche.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=415644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87
I thought Alex Berry was a RW, not a D?
Good catch. Fixed.

Old
03-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

The Stars don't even know what they have in Stephan. His play in the AHL and his limited play in the NHL has done nothing to suggest he couldn't be a capable NHL G.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Langway
Intangibles

The Sharks signed defenseman Joe Loprieno.

http://warriorrinkrat.com/2009/03/27...-san-jose-nhl/

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
This is a good site for signings:

Link

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
The Stars don't even know what they have in Stephan. His play in the AHL and his limited play in the NHL has done nothing to suggest he couldn't be a capable NHL G.
I agree; I've always been a fan of Stephan's, I would think that Doug Armstrong, being familiar with Dallas' system, would be a good resource for the Blues in determining wether or not to make a serious play for him. Stephan might well be an affordable short-term solution to the question of, "who's going to back up Chris Mason?"

If he comes in here and develops into a capable NHL goaltender -- which he still has all the potential in the world to do -- then the Blues are covered until one of Bishop., Holt, Jake Allen, etc. emerges as the undisputed heir to the throne.

I'd still like to see the Blues go all-out after Josh Harding, but if they decide that they can't afford it, or if someone else beats them to the punch, Stephan would be a more-than-acceptable Plan B, in my view.

Getting Stephan on board might also be an incentive for his fellow Schweizer, Reto Berra, to commit to coming over next year fror more than just Development Camp. A four-way battle between Stephan, Bishop, Holt and Berra for three slots in the NHL and AHL would be something worth paying attention to in camp.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:47 AM
GoPenguins

The Penguins (at least WB/S) signed D Lane Caffaro, out of Union.

GoPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:57 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Dallas: Richard Bachman - G
Can his nickname please be "Sub Zero"?

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:56 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
I don't disagree, but the fact is that Tippett doesn't trust him.

They screwed the pooch on the kid, and he'll probably bolt for Europe (if he's smart). Stephan actually played very well considering the team in front of him was atrocious. The team doesn't seem like they can play the game without a puck moving goalie like Turco. Every NHL game Stephan has played, the rest of the team seems to have their worst game as a professional. Stephan has stood on his head a few games only to eat a loss, and the others he was overwhelmed because he had no support.

Hell, Dallas is basically out of the playoffs, and they’re still riding Turco despite the fact that he’s been burned out (exhausted) the entire month of March. If Dallas ever actually played Stephan, and the rest of the team gave even a little effort, Dallas wouldn’t be in a 6 game slide. They’re essentially tanking by sticking with Turco because that guy needs some games off.