HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Notebook (MARCH 30) (Gauthier Skates; Quincey Sits)

Old
03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
MxH0CKEY

vCash: 500
Kings Notebook (MARCH 30) (Gauthier Skates; Quincey Sits)

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=415984

Quote:
GAUTHIER SKATES; QUINCEY SITS
Denis Gauthier, who has not played since suffering an upper body injury on the Kings first game of the road trip, a 3-2 OT win at Boston on March 19, returned to participate in full practice today, partnered with Drew Doughty.

"It feels good enough to play," Gauthier said. "I am hoping I can go tomorrow vs. Dallas. It feels good enough. I have been keeping in shape and I am hoping to come back sooner rather than later."

Gauthier returned home to Los Angeles following the injury for treatment and has been skating daily.

"I spoke with a few of the guys on the road. You want to know whatís happening and you donít want to be home and doing nothing," the rearguard said. "We still have a job to do, my job is staying ready."

Gauthier will be evaluated by a team physician tomorrow morning. He has posted 2-2=4 with 74 PIMs and a -13 plus-minus rating in 58 games this season, his first with the Kings. Gauthier suffered the injury blocking a shot vs. Boston on Friday night.

Kyle Quincey, meanwhile, did not participate in practice and was scheduled to have an MRI on an undisclosed injury.

Quincey leads all Kings defenseman with 34 assists and 38 points, his 38 points rank 25th amongst NHL blueliners, while he is tied for 16th with 34 assists.

Since having a four-game point streak from March 3-9 (1-4=5), Quincey has been held scoreless, a span of nine games, his longest scoreless streak of the season.
Also in the Article: WILLIAMS HAPPY TO CONTRIBUTE, BOYLE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OPPORTUNITY, HICKEY ASSIGNED TO MANCHESTER, KEEPING IT CLOSE

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 12:23 AM
lak4ever

Hope Quincey is alright.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 11:04 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

They need to shut Quincey down for the rest of the season and have him get a head start on the surgery he needs and his recovery.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
They need to shut Quincey down for the rest of the season and have him get a head start on the surgery he needs and his recovery.
Yes.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 12:39 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This and keep Harrold at forward, have Hickey fill a slot in Manch, and bring up Alec Martinez.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:21 PM
The Big Giant Head

Isn't a back problem that Quincey had been fighting with all season that's finally taking him out of them game?

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:26 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
This and keep Harrold at forward, have Hickey fill a slot in Manch, and bring up Alec Martinez.
Martinez?

Voinov, Hickey and perhaps even Bagnall are all ahead of Martinez imo.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:41 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Martinez?

Your opinion is totally and completely "wrong." As wrong as an opinion can be.

Hickey isn't "ahead" of anyone until he proves he can play with men.

Hickey needs to be in Manch to continue his development, that is, playing in the playoffs at the professional level. To prove he can compete with men.

Martinez has similar experience in the NCAA's already, and deserves a look at this level.

Voinov stays because he's a competitive son of a ***** and his Kasparitis side is likely to make an appearance come playoffs.

Bagnall? You're joking, right?

Old
03-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Missing M23

Quote:
Martinez?

Martinez has been ahead of Voinov and Bagnall all year and still is, although none of them are ready for full duty at the NHL level.

Missing M23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Your opinion is totally and completely "wrong." As wrong as an opinion can be.

Hickey isn't "ahead" of anyone until he proves he can play with men.

Hickey needs to be in Manch to continue his development, that is, playing in the playoffs at the professional level. To prove he can compete with men.

Martinez has similar experience in the NCAA's already, and deserves a look at this level.

Voinov stays because he's a competitive son of a ***** and his Kasparitis side is likely to make an appearance come playoffs.

Bagnall? You're joking, right?
Well, you're sort of contradicting yourself. On one point you're saying that Martinez has NCAA experience, as well as a year of pro experience thus he should be ahead of Hickey, but you're totally discounting that Bagnall also has NCAA experience. In fact, Bagnall has one more year of professional experience than Martinez does.

Martinez is at best third probably fourth in the kings defense depth chart.

Old
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Well, you're sort of contradicting yourself. On one point you're saying that Martinez has NCAA experience, as well as a year of pro experience thus he should be ahead of Hickey, but you're totally discounting that Bagnall also has NCAA experience. In fact, Bagnall has one more year of professional experience than Martinez does.

Martinez is at best third probably fourth in the kings defense depth chart.
Yeah, except Martinez is a better hockey player than Bagnall.

Since I doubt you've seen either play more than a small handful of games, it's hard to take a sentiment like Bagnall > Martinez seriously.

Old
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
KingLB

Love how everyone here is trying to figure out who is ahead of who on the depth chart.....I mean did any of us think Drewiske was the next to be called up earlier in the season when Goat had to sit.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:22 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Yeah, except Martinez is a better hockey player than Bagnall.

Since I doubt you've seen either play more than a small handful of games, it's hard to take a sentiment like Bagnall > Martinez seriously.
That's my point about Hickey over Martinez. Martinez may have the AHL experience, but Hickey's a better player and thus, he'll make it to the NHL before Martinez imo. We'll see how well Hickey plays in the playoffs with the narchs.

As for Bagnall > Martinez, that was pretty much an afterthought on my part. I just heard how much better Bagnall had been playing this year so, I just threw it in there.

However, I do have Hickey, Voinov and Drewiske ahead of Martinez.

Old
03-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Johnny Utah

Quincey is done for the year per Hammond.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Quincey is done for the year per Hammond.
I'm glad to hear that. You probably don't want to mess anymore with his back. I wonder if anyone (Hickey please) will be called up from the minors or is Harrold going back on D? Perhaps, Gauthier is close to being ready. I really wish I could get a look at Hickey for the remaining games with the kings.