HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Notebook (MARCH 30) (Gauthier Skates; Quincey Sits)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
  #1
MxH0CKEY
Registered User
 
MxH0CKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
Kings Notebook (MARCH 30) (Gauthier Skates; Quincey Sits)

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=415984

Quote:
GAUTHIER SKATES; QUINCEY SITS
Denis Gauthier, who has not played since suffering an upper body injury on the Kings first game of the road trip, a 3-2 OT win at Boston on March 19, returned to participate in full practice today, partnered with Drew Doughty.

"It feels good enough to play," Gauthier said. "I am hoping I can go tomorrow vs. Dallas. It feels good enough. I have been keeping in shape and I am hoping to come back sooner rather than later."

Gauthier returned home to Los Angeles following the injury for treatment and has been skating daily.

"I spoke with a few of the guys on the road. You want to know whatís happening and you donít want to be home and doing nothing," the rearguard said. "We still have a job to do, my job is staying ready."

Gauthier will be evaluated by a team physician tomorrow morning. He has posted 2-2=4 with 74 PIMs and a -13 plus-minus rating in 58 games this season, his first with the Kings. Gauthier suffered the injury blocking a shot vs. Boston on Friday night.

Kyle Quincey, meanwhile, did not participate in practice and was scheduled to have an MRI on an undisclosed injury.

Quincey leads all Kings defenseman with 34 assists and 38 points, his 38 points rank 25th amongst NHL blueliners, while he is tied for 16th with 34 assists.

Since having a four-game point streak from March 3-9 (1-4=5), Quincey has been held scoreless, a span of nine games, his longest scoreless streak of the season.
Also in the Article: WILLIAMS HAPPY TO CONTRIBUTE, BOYLE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OPPORTUNITY, HICKEY ASSIGNED TO MANCHESTER, KEEPING IT CLOSE

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 12:23 AM
  #2
lak4ever
Registered User
 
lak4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Girl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,933
vCash: 500
Hope Quincey is alright.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 11:04 AM
  #3
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,298
vCash: 500
They need to shut Quincey down for the rest of the season and have him get a head start on the surgery he needs and his recovery.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
  #4
Defgarden
Registered User
 
Defgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
They need to shut Quincey down for the rest of the season and have him get a head start on the surgery he needs and his recovery.
Yes.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 12:39 PM
  #5
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
They need to shut Quincey down for the rest of the season and have him get a head start on the surgery he needs and his recovery.
This and keep Harrold at forward, have Hickey fill a slot in Manch, and bring up Alec Martinez.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:21 PM
  #6
The Big Giant Head
Registered User
 
The Big Giant Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Slow Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 500
Isn't a back problem that Quincey had been fighting with all season that's finally taking him out of them game?

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:26 PM
  #7
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
This and keep Harrold at forward, have Hickey fill a slot in Manch, and bring up Alec Martinez.
Martinez?

Voinov, Hickey and perhaps even Bagnall are all ahead of Martinez imo.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:41 PM
  #8
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Martinez?

Voinov, Hickey and perhaps even Bagnall are all ahead of Martinez imo.
Your opinion is totally and completely "wrong." As wrong as an opinion can be.

Hickey isn't "ahead" of anyone until he proves he can play with men.

Hickey needs to be in Manch to continue his development, that is, playing in the playoffs at the professional level. To prove he can compete with men.

Martinez has similar experience in the NCAA's already, and deserves a look at this level.

Voinov stays because he's a competitive son of a ***** and his Kasparitis side is likely to make an appearance come playoffs.

Bagnall? You're joking, right?

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:48 PM
  #9
Missing M23
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Martinez?

Voinov, Hickey and perhaps even Bagnall are all ahead of Martinez imo.
Martinez has been ahead of Voinov and Bagnall all year and still is, although none of them are ready for full duty at the NHL level.

Missing M23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
  #10
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
Your opinion is totally and completely "wrong." As wrong as an opinion can be.

Hickey isn't "ahead" of anyone until he proves he can play with men.

Hickey needs to be in Manch to continue his development, that is, playing in the playoffs at the professional level. To prove he can compete with men.

Martinez has similar experience in the NCAA's already, and deserves a look at this level.

Voinov stays because he's a competitive son of a ***** and his Kasparitis side is likely to make an appearance come playoffs.

Bagnall? You're joking, right?
Well, you're sort of contradicting yourself. On one point you're saying that Martinez has NCAA experience, as well as a year of pro experience thus he should be ahead of Hickey, but you're totally discounting that Bagnall also has NCAA experience. In fact, Bagnall has one more year of professional experience than Martinez does.

Martinez is at best third probably fourth in the kings defense depth chart.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
  #11
VictoryRose
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, you're sort of contradicting yourself. On one point you're saying that Martinez has NCAA experience, as well as a year of pro experience thus he should be ahead of Hickey, but you're totally discounting that Bagnall also has NCAA experience. In fact, Bagnall has one more year of professional experience than Martinez does.

Martinez is at best third probably fourth in the kings defense depth chart.
Yeah, except Martinez is a better hockey player than Bagnall.

Since I doubt you've seen either play more than a small handful of games, it's hard to take a sentiment like Bagnall > Martinez seriously.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
  #12
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Love how everyone here is trying to figure out who is ahead of who on the depth chart.....I mean did any of us think Drewiske was the next to be called up earlier in the season when Goat had to sit.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:22 PM
  #13
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
Yeah, except Martinez is a better hockey player than Bagnall.

Since I doubt you've seen either play more than a small handful of games, it's hard to take a sentiment like Bagnall > Martinez seriously.
That's my point about Hickey over Martinez. Martinez may have the AHL experience, but Hickey's a better player and thus, he'll make it to the NHL before Martinez imo. We'll see how well Hickey plays in the playoffs with the narchs.

As for Bagnall > Martinez, that was pretty much an afterthought on my part. I just heard how much better Bagnall had been playing this year so, I just threw it in there.

However, I do have Hickey, Voinov and Drewiske ahead of Martinez.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:36 PM
  #14
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,138
vCash: 500
Quincey is done for the year per Hammond.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
  #15
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Quincey is done for the year per Hammond.
I'm glad to hear that. You probably don't want to mess anymore with his back. I wonder if anyone (Hickey please) will be called up from the minors or is Harrold going back on D? Perhaps, Gauthier is close to being ready. I really wish I could get a look at Hickey for the remaining games with the kings.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.