HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

plan b

Old
03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
A natural testosterone/hormone enhancer called Animal Stak(very legal) and also an energy/NO supp called NO Xplode. It was my last post before heading to the gym so yeah I was really juiced at the time lol.
not gonna lie, i know nothing about supplements, but that sounds really dangerous. like turn-you-into-a-beast-and-have-you-eat-children dangerous. maybe ship some of that to lupul, the guy's passive play is making me angry.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
not gonna lie, i know nothing about supplements, but that sounds really dangerous. like turn-you-into-a-beast-and-have-you-eat-children dangerous. maybe ship some of that to lupul, the guy's passive play is making me angry.
haha, it doesnt really affect my mood too much, slightly I guess but not much. Just gets me really hyper which is prob why I decided to go off on a little rant, and makes me train harder and longer. It doesnt add testosterone or HGH it just allows your body to produce a little more as well as blocking some receptors that hinder production.

Its something almost every pro athlete takes to be honest. It just increases your endurance so you can work out longer and harder.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 09:48 PM
UseYourAllusion

bourbon is the only supplement I bother with

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
bourbon is the only supplement I bother with
And Nyquil

Old
03-26-2009, 10:46 PM
panayiotis

wrong........

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Really? I thought that was the whole stink about it. IIRC Briere was offered more money to go to Montreal. They thought he was a french Canadian therefore must want to go there. Then he decided he liked Philly a lot and signed here. Isn't that why he gets booed up in Montreal?

Um...who makes your magic 8 ball? Fall? Likely. Free fall? Aren't we make a bigger fuss out of it than it's really going to be?

********. I'm completely alright with my PPG forward finally getting healthy and putting up 3 goals (4 points) in 3 games. That's what he's paid to do. Not happy with his production my ass. You can't put up 82 points from the IR sheet.

4th center. If you want to get even more technical he's not even playing center. He's on Carter's wing. If you think it's a matter of minutes then you should check again and see how much ice time our top 8 forwards all get. I promise you the Flyers don't have a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd line. Instead they have 3 1st lines.

Okay so teams want Briere. That's all well and good if we can move his contract. Quite frankly I'd rather spend $6.5m on Briere than $4.25m on Lupul or $3.44m on Carle or $2.70m on Jones.

Not really. If the cap does fall it's not going to fall by 4-5m. It's going to fall AT THE VERY MOST 2.00m, and even that's a pretty big stretch. Worst comes to worst we dump Carle since he still has some pretty decent value and move Sbisa up in his place. That takes care of more than the cap can fall. Other options include trading Lupul or Jones. Moving Briere's contract is nowhere NEAR Holmgren's biggest priority.

EDIT: You made 6 arguments and went 0/6...
Montreal`s offer was 55 million. So you are wrong. The economy is in the tank. Corporate sponsorship is not going to be the same. You are in denial. The Flyers have made known through Pierre McGuirre and Bob Mckenzie that they are not happy with Briere`s year. They have to get goalie. Re-up Coburn, Gagne, and Carter soon. Hey look. The flyers are not paying 6.5 to play the wing. Look around. You dont see all the for sale signs on homes. All the business's folding and or laying off thousands of people. The Nhl is not immune . Come on.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis View Post
Montreal`s offer was 55 million. So you are wrong. The economy is in the tank. Corporate sponsorship is not going to be the same. You are in denial. The Flyers have made known through Pierre McGuirre and Bob Mckenzie that they are not happy with Briere`s year. They have to get goalie. Re-up Coburn, Gagne, and Carter soon. Hey look. The flyers are not paying 6.5 to play the wing. Look around. You dont see all the for sale signs on homes. All the business's folding and or laying off thousands of people. The Nhl is not immune . Come on.
Find me proof of that. It was widely speculated he was going to count $7M against the cap in Montreal and that we offered him more years. None of that adds up to $55M.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:58 PM
panayiotis

montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Find me proof of that. It was widely speculated he was going to count $7M against the cap in Montreal and that we offered him more years. None of that adds up to $55M.
hey dude i live in mtl. The party line here the flyer offer was for more money. Nothing was made public. But that was the party line here. Maybe the Habs were fudging stuff for the fans.

Old
03-26-2009, 11:04 PM
panayiotis

suspend

Quote:
Can HF please start suspending people that open ridiculous threads based off of their own fantasy and state them as if they were facts? Its one thing to post something uneducated in a GDT or some other thread because lets face it, we all dont know everything. But to come in here and state something so dumb as if it were a fact and then when people tell him why its wrong he stands by his fantasy acting like everyone else is wrong when its a fact HE is wrong. This board is supposed to be for serious talk and if you state something as if its a fact completely wrong you should be suspended. Im tired of all these gagne sucks or briere is going to be traded threads. I want to talk serious hockey and threads like this are useless and dumb down the entire hockey population.

/rant.
Hey Dude! In hockey land. Some of the talk around the deadline. Surrounded what the flyers were going to do with Briere. You can live in a cave. And deny the situation. That is youre choice.

Old
03-26-2009, 11:44 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
The Flyers have made known through Pierre McGuirre and Bob Mckenzie that they are not happy with Briere`s year.
your spinning that incorrectly.

the actual context was that they weren't happy with his situation regarding his injury and how his season was turning out.... they said the same thing about simon gagne last year.

of course they werent happy. who would be? but your making it out as if tehy are pissed at his performance. 2 totally seperate diffrent things.

if you lived in philly and heard homer and stevens everyday you would understand that better.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Hey Dude! In hockey land. Some of the talk around the deadline. Surrounded what the flyers were going to do with Briere. You can live in a cave. And deny the situation. That is youre choice.
Hey Dude! Your right I dont live in hockey land, I live in the real world where players like Briere have a NMC. Why would he waive that to go to a team he already turned down not even 2 years ago? Briere was NOT talked about being moved around the deadline, at all! It was all about Biron, Lupul Jones, Carle and JVR...NOT briere. Just because idiots on HF Boards post stupid trades involving Briere does NOT mean he was talked about being moved, ya know by the actual eople that run the team!

Live in a cave? Just because fans talk about moving briere doesnt mean the team is. I'll go back to my cave when you go back to elementary school and educate yourself on acronyms, the first one you should start with...NMC.

Old
03-27-2009, 01:01 AM
agentj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantan View Post
He can't be traded or waived without permission. Since he has more then 2 years in the league, he can't be sent to the minor without clearing waivers. He can however be bought out during the designated period in each offseason (not that that is likely any time soon).
At the risk of repeating myself.......HE CANNOT BE BOUGHT OUT.

A NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE means exactly that....NO MOVEMENT.

By granting him the NMC, the Flyers GAVE UP THE RIGHT TO BUY HIM OUT without his agreement. Why would he agree to a buyout at 50% of the contract value?

He can't be sent to the minors PERIOD without his agreement. Even that "conditioning" stint a month or so ago had to have his agreement.

Enough with this Briere nonsense.

He's here, the money counts against the cap for six more years, everyone should get used to it and find some other idiotic proposal to drool over.

agentj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:01 AM
UseYourAllusion

I wish I lived in hockey land.

Old
03-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
I wish I lived in hockey land.
Its called Montreal, everything hockey makes sense there. NMC are waived, everyone wants to play there, everyone takes a discount to play in such a great city...its all a dream to them up there, a riduculous delusional dream

Old
03-27-2009, 01:18 AM
agentj*

Quote:
Well let's just stop the world....MONTREAL has spoken (hockey land). This would be the same "hockey land" whose team is rumored to be up for sale?

Please explain to me down here in "the real world" just how Homer was going to trade a player who has a contractual clause that doesn't allow him to be traded, sent down, waived, bought out or anything else save for IR?

A player who has given ZERO indications that he is even the tiniest bit unhappy where he is. None, nada, zip, zero point zero.

A player who has moved his family here, settled his kids into the schools, and has a rare opportunity to continue to make multimillions IN THE SAME PLACE for the next six seasons without uprooting his family every two years to do so.

Playing for a team that is one of the premier franchises in the league with a rabid fan base and a well known reputation for taking care of their players in a manner second to none.

Please further explain why said player, given all of the above, and the OBVIOUS desire to experience all of the above evidenced by the insistence upon the NMC being included in the deal, would agree to any trade?

Frankly even if the Flyers "were unhappy" with him -- (which from all "real world" indications here is complete and total BS) -- who cares? They can do NOTHING about it. Their needle is stuck....for six more seasons.

He signed here, Montreal/Buffalo/NY Rangers/and whoever else didn't get him. Get over it.

You make absolutely no sense.

agentj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:19 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Its called Montreal, everything hockey makes sense there. NMC are waived, everyone wants to play there, everyone takes a discount to play in such a great city...its all a dream to them up there, a riduculous delusional dream
I've been to Montreal, and that is not how I see hockey land in my dreams

Old
03-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
I've been to Montreal, and that is not how I see hockey land in my dreams
Anticlimactic I know. Maybe you have to live there and be brainwashed by the media, then its all hockey land from there.

Old
03-27-2009, 02:02 AM
qwertysac

Quote:
Anticlimactic I know. Maybe you have to live there and be brainwashed by the media, then its all hockey land from there.
Being a flyers fan living in montreal, i can attest to the fact that habs fans are brainless "zombies" when it comes to their team.

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 05:39 AM
panayiotis

bob mckenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
your spinning that incorrectly.

the actual context was that they weren't happy with his situation regarding his injury and how his season was turning out.... they said the same thing about simon gagne last year.

of course they werent happy. who would be? but your making it out as if tehy are pissed at his performance. 2 totally seperate diffrent things.

if you lived in philly and heard homer and stevens everyday you would understand that better.
Yes Pierre said the flyers were not happy with his performance. He speaks to Homer daily. You can email him. Bob Mckenzie indicated the flyers might look to buyout Briere during the summer.

Old
03-27-2009, 05:41 AM
panayiotis

2 words

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentj View Post
Well let's just stop the world....MONTREAL has spoken (hockey land). This would be the same "hockey land" whose team is rumored to be up for sale?

Please explain to me down here in "the real world" just how Homer was going to trade a player who has a contractual clause that doesn't allow him to be traded, sent down, waived, bought out or anything else save for IR?

A player who has given ZERO indications that he is even the tiniest bit unhappy where he is. None, nada, zip, zero point zero.

A player who has moved his family here, settled his kids into the schools, and has a rare opportunity to continue to make multimillions IN THE SAME PLACE for the next six seasons without uprooting his family every two years to do so.

Playing for a team that is one of the premier franchises in the league with a rabid fan base and a well known reputation for taking care of their players in a manner second to none.

Please further explain why said player, given all of the above, and the OBVIOUS desire to experience all of the above evidenced by the insistence upon the NMC being included in the deal, would agree to any trade?

Frankly even if the Flyers "were unhappy" with him -- (which from all "real world" indications here is complete and total BS) -- who cares? They can do NOTHING about it. Their needle is stuck....for six more seasons.

He signed here, Montreal/Buffalo/NY Rangers/and whoever else didn't get him. Get over it.

You make absolutely no sense.
Brian Mcabe. What happened to him bra. Please take off the sun glasses. They wanted you to go. You go....

Old
03-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Yes Pierre said the flyers were not happy with his performance. He speaks to Homer daily. You can email him. Bob Mckenzie indicated the flyers might look to buyout Briere during the summer.
First of all the Flyers CANNOT buy out Briere. A NMC means he cant be bought out, traded or dropped down. Your digging yourself a bigger whole with each post.

Old
03-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
First of all the Flyers CANNOT buy out Briere. A NMC means he cant be bought out, traded or dropped down. Your digging yourself a bigger whole with each post.
Actually, he can be bought out, but I think it's extremely unlikely that they'd do it.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Actually, he can be bought out, but I think it's extremely unlikely that they'd do it.
Libertine is correct.

This is also why Briere's contract was heavily front loaded. If his production diminishes towards the end of his contract he can be bought out at a much lower figure than if he made exactly $6.5 Million each season.

Briere will not be bought out before the final two years of his contract, if at all.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:11 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
So you heart him as well?
As a Player yes. I heart Danny Briere as a hockey player. He is awesome.

Any other ways of "hearting" him are not to be implyed here.

Last edited by TheDrizzle81: 03-27-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: What I wrote is incredibly mean and ****ed up.
TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:12 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
please lock this.

Homework help!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:13 PM