HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Wings , 29.03.2009 - 5 PM(FS-TN (HD),FS-D+)

Old
03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

vCash: 500
Preds @ Wings , 29.03.2009 - 5 PM(FS-TN (HD),FS-D+)

I've waited all day long for the GDT . You guys need to sit back and let me do your work .

Game 76 : Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings - 5 PM (FS-TN (HD),FS-D+)

Nashville: 37-30-8, 82 pts | Detroit: 49-17-9, 107 pts

Last 4 games

26 Dec DET @ NSH 2-3
10 Feb DET @ NSH 5-3
18 Feb NSH @ DET 2-6
28 Feb DET @ NSH 0-8

Watch out for :

The Norris six time winner :

The future Norris winner

The Predators (37-30-8) earned a point in their seventh straight game with Saturday's 4-3 overtime victory over visiting Los Angeles. After allowing the tying goal with 1:04 to play in regulation, Steve Sullivan gave Nashville the victory with a power-play goal at 3:41 of the extra session.

The Red Wings (49-17-9) failed to capitalize on a chance to take the Western Conference lead and make history at the start of a four-game homestand Friday night as the lowly New York Islanders beat Detroit 2-0.

Go Preds

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:24 AM
predfan24

Tough game back to back only getting about 20 hours in between games. I'm not expecting much. Any points would be fantastic.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:02 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
With such a short time between games and last night's contest going into overtime, is there any chance Ellis gets the start in goal against the Wings?

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:05 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Why does everyone think we need to rest Pekka? Do most teams rest their number one goalie down the stretch when they are fighting for a playoff spot?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:17 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Why does everyone think we need to rest Pekka? Do most teams rest their number one goalie down the stretch when they are fighting for a playoff spot?
Well if I were the Preds coach I would start Rinne as well... no reason to not go with the hot hand. I can see the Wings lighting him up today though given the circumstances.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Rinne should get the start IMO . This board shouldn't be that dead , they are fighting for a playoff spot ..need some good karma right now ~! Go Preds Go

Old
03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Detroit board has Ellis as the starter, but who knows.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think that's just speculation, given the quick turnaround and the fact that Rinne started last night. Trotz alluded to giving Pekka the option depending on how he felt this morning, and knowing Pekka there is no way he says no.

Also considering the last times both of these goalies faced detroit (Ellis, pulled in a 6-2 loss and Pekka with an 8-0 shutout) you have to think that we go with Rinne.

If we can pull at least a point out of this, I'll be thrilled. Two...and I'll be giddy.

In other news...go Blue Jackets and Wild! I'd be more comfortable if the Blues would start to fall away the way the Wild and Stars have, and also if the Oilers could continue to struggle(the last win against the Ducks not withstanding.)

As for UBC\Dany...typically, the boards over at nashvillepredators.com are where most of the "action" is and are far more heavily trafficked, but I prefer the quality over quantity crowd here at HF. There's a lot of obnoxious posters over there, and the size of the threads is actually more annoying than informative. Since most of the posters here are also season ticket holders(myself included,) GDTs for home games are typically pretty quiet, since most of us are at the game.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 03:36 PM
braindead

Pekka said he had a high energy level at the end of the game and Trotz said he would see how it shook out this morning. I think Pekka plays, although a game against the Wings is never a bad one for Ellis to try. This team plays much better with Pekka in goal though and I think we have a chance of stealing this one.

By the way, it was a great crowd last night once they gave us something to cheer for. 17,113

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Key will be whether or not we can establish our forecheck early and often against the Detroit defensemen not named, Lidstrom and Rafalski. Simply contain those guys and pressure, pressure, pressure the others and we will get some pretty good opportunities in the offensive end.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Hamhuis with an unbelievable save earlier. Then Nichol follows him and saves the day

I like the Preds willingness to sacrifice their bodies for the win . Playoff hockey baby

Old
03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
katzencd

Stupid Red Wings. Franzen clearly kicked it.

I'm always impressed by the number of empty seats at the Joe.

katzencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

dodged a bullet there

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzencd View Post
Stupid Red Wings. Franzen clearly kicked it.

I'm always impressed by the number of empty seats that are in attendance at the Joe.
Great hockey fans , they were cheering when they saw the replay

Two of the best hockey teams in the last decade , Detroit and New Jersey have a lot of empty seats in attendance. Maybe their fans are bored of winning ?

Old
03-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Seth Lake

Got late break there...goal clearly kicked in, but still...a break.

First PP goal was a thing of beauty. Sully works the give and go with Bonk into a quick breakaway and beats Osgood in tight. Play all started because Sully attacked Detroit's 0-4 PK forecheck with speed, dished puck to Bonk skating wide, and never broke stride cutting through D and creating space for return pass and opportunity.

SHG by Zetterburg also a great play. Slap-pass by Lidstrom had D freeze, preparing to skate back for puck, Zetterburg swung wide and circled back to the middle of the ice with speed for pass (great skill play simply catching that puck in stride) and breakaway of his own.

Wingers got gun shy with Detroit D's taking runs at them on clearing attempts up the wall. Caused some unnecessary turnovers that must be addressed in locker room. Wingers have to bear down, prepare themselves to take the hit and make a play. Can't create long zone time opportunities for Detroit with failed clears.

PP needs to focus on gaining BL with speed as they did on PPG. Too often we hit the line and dish it off and everyone stops skating. With DET stacking 4 across the blueline and remaining aggressive on initial entry we need to have players enter zone with speed to provide depth to attack and spread out DET PK'ers.

Last, but not least, Pekka is making the first save. Keep his vision clean and clear any rebound opportunites left out there. Give the guy some help...

Old
03-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Karl Hungus

Ouch, I hope Erat is alright after taking that shot in the leg.

On a side note, do you guys enjoy listening to the team that does your TV play by play and color? I really think that having a good team call the games does wonders for getting a market involved with the team.

Karl Hungus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
Ouch, I hope Erat is alright after taking that shot in the leg.

On a side note, do you guys enjoy listening to the team that does your TV play by play and color? I really think that having a good team call the games does wonders for getting a market involved with the team.
Tom Callahan (Radio PBP Guy) >>>>>> Pete Weber

Old
03-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Nitrous Mafia

with one second left to keep the PP. FML

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

The Preds almost managed to kill it off . That's just bad luck

Lidstrom is in playoff mode . Whenever he touches the puck he creates offense . He's more dangerous than any other forward from the Red Wings tonight

Old
03-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Nitrous Mafia

and now erat is out. jeez.

Old
03-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
and now erat is out. jeez.
thats what you get for standing in front of a Shea Weber slap shot

Old
03-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
thats what you get for standing in front of a Shea Weber slap shot

Shea should take out some Detroit players though

Old
03-29-2009, 05:54 PM
predfan24

It's freaking redicolous. Two players Webs has knocked out in less than a week with his shot. Jeez For the love of the hockey gods injure somebody useless like Fiddler. We now have argueably only 2 top 6 players in our lineup right now and both of them are soft as marshmellows. Unreal luck

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Seth Lake

Really showed that we are tired and undermanned in that period and Detroit smelling blood took advantage of it. 16-3 shot advantage that period, but more importantly they got their second goal and head into the third up by one.

Honestly think that losing Erat early in the period caught us feeling sorry for ourselves. We have five legitimate top-six forwards when we are healthy. We were already without Arnott and Legwand and now we are down to two. Lines got shuffled, Hornqvist then goes out, and we are having every excuse known to man kind slip into our heads. Leads to two bad penalties and a 5 on 3 goal...

Hope that the coaching staff and the players themselves get vocal in the locker room during this intermission, regroup, refocus, and attack the third with desperation. Guys have got to step up and show they have the will to win. That they want the playoffs. That they do not want their season to end.

Gritty, not pretty...get goals from unexpected sources. There has never been a better time than now for someone to step up and provide some offense...

Old
03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Nitrous Mafia

When was the last time this team has had everyone in the lineup going down the stretch? Or didn't have a major team contributor ******** the bed at the time?