HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Fighting without all that hockey nonsense

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Fighting without all that hockey nonsense

http://hockeygladiators.com/

Hockey gladiators. A tournament with 16 fighters (in hockey outfits) competing for 100.000$. Sounds like a bad joke, but it seems to be legit.

Old
03-15-2004, 10:12 PM
ohlund2.2

vCash: 500
It is legit, unfortuneately. I've known about it for months.. :\

Old
03-15-2004, 10:18 PM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Not that I care about what the non-hockey public thinks (unless we're talking about how THEY can change the game without having any interest in it) but this couldn't happen at a worst time for this "tournament" (a term used loosely here) and for the NHL, with what has happened.

Old
03-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandnucker
Not that I care about what the non-hockey public thinks (unless we're talking about how THEY can change the game without having any interest in it) but this couldn't happen at a worst time for this "tournament" (a term used loosely here) and for the NHL, with what has happened.
Yeah, those that want to bash hockey might have a field day with this one. Not that I think the organizers care one bit. They want to make some money here.

Old
03-15-2004, 10:30 PM
paxtang

I thought Twist was supposed to be in it, but now he isn't in the bio section. Some of these people are goign to get hurt, a lot of washed up guys there.

Old
03-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Lard_Lad

I still can't believe they're letting Kurt Walker fight. The guy is 50, hasn't played hockey in 24 years, and from his picture doesn't look like he's missed too many meals lately. And they're going to put him in with guys in their early 20's?

Old
03-15-2004, 11:39 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
http://hockeygladiators.com/

Hockey gladiators. A tournament with 16 fighters (in hockey outfits) competing for 100.000$. Sounds like a bad joke, but it seems to be legit.
Ill watch it, Ienjoy the scraps. How is this different from a home run contest. I cant wait to watch.

Old
03-15-2004, 11:41 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandnucker
Why, the Bertuzzi incident if that is why this would be a bad time wasnt a fight. If a a fight had happened when Moore originally hit Naslund, the whole second incedent probably doesnt happen.

Old
03-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I thought Twist was supposed to be in it, but now he isn't in the bio section. Some of these people are goign to get hurt, a lot of washed up guys there.
I emailed them about that over the weekend, and the response I got was that Twist has pulled out.

Old
03-15-2004, 11:44 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
I emailed them about that over the weekend, and the response I got was that Twist has pulled out.
From the list that I saw, "The Missing Link" would be my pick to win if he gets himself into shape.

Old
03-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
From the list that I saw, "The Missing Link" would be my pick to win if he gets himself into shape.
I agree, as of now I'd have him as the favorite.

Old
03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
There is the minor problem that he doesn't have a passport and isn't allowed to go to the US until 2007. It's part of his sentence for assults. Something he did jailtime for.

Old
03-16-2004, 12:20 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
There is the minor problem that he doesn't have a passport and isn't allowed to go to the US until 2007. It's part of his sentence for assults. Something he did jailtime for.
That sounds like Link, he is definatly a psycho, hopefully he can get his visa fixed and get in this thing.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Boondock Saint

I can't believe Kurt Walker is in this thing....... who's gonna wanna see a senior citizen get his ass kicked???

Old
03-16-2004, 02:21 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
I can't believe Kurt Walker is in this thing....... who's gonna wanna see a senior citizen get his ass kicked???
If he gets himself into shape again who knows? George Foreman won the heavyweight boxing title at that age.

Old
03-16-2004, 07:32 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
Im looking foward to this actually...ill probably watch it...it sounds pretty entertaining and i love watching a good fight and it will be filled with good fights in this

Old
03-16-2004, 11:19 AM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Why, the Bertuzzi incident if that is why this would be a bad time wasnt a fight. If a a fight had happened when Moore originally hit Naslund, the whole second incedent probably doesnt happen.
Maybe you don't get the same newspapers that I get but "violence" in hockey is all over the papers. Included in that "violence" is fighting in hockey.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Pathetic. Embarrassing to be a part of this "culture" sometimes... first crap shows like Fear Factor and crap events like WWF. Now this. The Vince McMahon's of the world deserve death.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Johnny

Quote:
That sounds like Link, he is definatly a psycho, hopefully he can get his visa fixed and get in this thing.
They've got a US immigration lawyer working on it, and should be able to get him a seven day visa.

Old
03-16-2004, 04:25 PM
jiggs 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
Pathetic. Embarrassing to be a part of this "culture" sometimes... first crap shows like Fear Factor and crap events like WWF. Now this. The Vince McMahon's of the world deserve death.
Couldn't agree more. I live in a city that is, unfortunately, going to hold something like this, too. It's embarrassing! "Reality" shows that are SOO fake, wrestling, and now THIS crap! It's people like this that don't GET that "Slap Shot" was a PARODY!!!!! It was SATIRE!!!! It was making fun of the hockey of the Flyer's generation and how BAD it was!
Nice trailer-trash society we live in these days.

Closed Thread