HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear Mr Sather

Old
03-27-2009, 08:16 AM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
sorry to differ on Vali. As long as we have a workhorse goalie who thrives on playing 85 pct of the games there is simply no sense on spending good money on a better back up....having said that, until the moment Lundy gets hurt or loses form completely.
Please define the highlighted.

Vali last night was a close copy of Lundqvist this mid season. Inconsistent i.e. porous at times, solid sometimes. G issue must be addressed, no question.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Geddy Lee

He kept the team in the game in the first. He made a nice amount of really good saves. A keeper is as good as the team in front of him. The 3rd goal you can put on him. Other then that he didnt have much help.

The first goal was a screen. I dont think he ever saw it. The 2nd was a great move by a great player. The tying goal was and open player in the slot with 5 Rangers just standing there watching the great player who scored the 2nd goal.

Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Dear Mr. Sather, trade for Kovalchuk!! Thank you .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Please Resign Nic Antropov asap as this guy is the closest thing to a scorer we have had in a long time . The guy is Espo 2009. The Z man needs to be brought back and for the love of God get rid of this horrible excuse for a goalie named Steve Valiquette and sign Scott Clemmensen. Scott has proved he can will in the NHL in case of the number 1 going down but more so he can play every 7th game and win. The melt downs in Toronto , Dallas and now Atlanta are a disgrace
You're crazy. Clemmensen is only good when he plays consecutively. In spot starts he's garbage.

While he may have improved this year, and was a late bloomer in the mold of Tim Thomas, he still was scary in 90% of his starts. I guess as a backup there isn't much to worry about, but I doubt hes an upgrade over Valliquete. Vally played really well in the beginning of the year, it seems you might have forgotten that.

As for last night, I mean yea Lundqvist might have stopped one or two of those goals (probably the wrap around he would have had). But half of the league's goalies would have given those up. Last night wasn't Vally's sole fault, as much as it was the Rangers inability to contain Kovalchuk. He willed that game last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Clemmenson?

Dagoon, come on. The guy was winning games because the Devils trapped the hell out of other teams around him.

He was not very good.

Stay away from him.
I agree, he was not very good. But Trap? Come on man, you know better than this. Unless you're just being funny, but I thought you knew better. The Devils team worked like a system, he was one of the cogs. The Devils forwards backchecked like crazy, and helped clear out the rebounds he purposely deflected out.

From that standpoint, he is a functional goalie if the rest of the team is decent. He did his part to win games, as long as the Devils scored 3 goals or more.

Last edited by Mr Bojanglez: 03-27-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Valliquete blew ass big time. You can't expect the Rangers to score on EVERY PP opportunity. Not even San jose does that. We scored 2 PP goals, that should have sealed it. Vally cant move laterally, he let in Kovy's goal. The other goal was just horrible also to make it 4-4.
In bold. Very true. Just like on channel 4 (The Crosby network). A commentator jumped all over Fernandez for that Staal, Zherdev goal which decided the game. Completely out of position. But Valiquette's goal was worse. On the Fernandez goal, Staal got a luck break whether he meant to shoot that puck wide or not. The puck just happened to hit the boards at directly the right spot and took a perfect carom onto the stick of Zherdev.

Next time the Rangers find them selves in this situation though and Vally happens to be at least making key saves in the shoot out, I have a suggestion. The Rangers were going no where with all that finesse garbage, as was Atlanta. If I'm Tort's, why not try to just steal the game by sending out a defense man who can blast the puck through a goal tender?? Boston had no problem doing that to us one game during a shootout. They wanted to win the game. So they sent Chara out there and from about 12 to 15 feet in front of Lundqvist, he blasted a bullet that was impossible to even see with the naked eye.
We don't have someone who can blast the puck like Chara. Not many teams do. But when you see Hedberg is having no problems with the "cute, razzle dazzle show for the fans" why not just send Mara or Morris out there and "t off" on Hedberg. Especially as the rounds get later, you might surprise him.
I know Tortorella is not a fan of the shoot out. As for me. It's starting to finally "grow on me a bit." I don't mind it in the regular season. But it's part of the friggin game "Torts." We need those two points. If he was ticked at Zherdev for some reason. Why couldn't the Coach just have a long talk with him behind closed doors. If he's mad about the pp. Tortorella must realize that there's 4 other players out there. Kovalchuk took a horrible penalty. It didn't stop Anderson from using his greatest offensive weapon for the shoot out.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
patnyrnyg

Antropov has been VERY inconsistent over his career. I would be careful about giving him too big or too long of a contract. Besideds, with the money locked up in Gomez, Drury, Redden, and Roszival, they might not be able to give him what he wants.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Bury Your Head

Dear Sather. Save your money, get rid of some of these awful contracts and SIGN KOVALCHUK IN 2010.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bury Your Head View Post
Dear Sather. Save your money, get rid of some of these awful contracts and SIGN KOVALCHUK IN 2010.
Dear Bury:

How?

Hugs and Puppies,

Slats

03-27-2009, 05:25 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
How come Weekes sucked so terribly with full support of the team?
C'mon bro, it's still Kevin Weekes.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 10:09 PM
trilobyte

Who cares which goalie is anyone's friend, not really the point. Valliquette was rusty and slow when the action was happening. Fine to say he did good in the shootout, he looked like a senior citizen on the Kovalev wrap-around goal.

How come he sat so long between starts? Obviously he was out of touch with the game.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Dear Bury:

How?

Hugs and Puppies,

Slats
Hey now, Slats...I can't do your job for you, unless you want to throw some of that dough my way.

Also, no hugs for me...but I will take the puppies.

Thanks,
Bury

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Dear Mr. Sather, trade for Kovalchuk!! Thank you .
yes please thank you

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote