HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Saku saves the day!

Old
03-26-2009, 10:45 PM
22Brad Park

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Seriously... they are sad. They are talking like Tampa Bay played a better game than us.

But deep down inside, they are ****ing scared, scared to play against us in the playoff.
Im not,boston has a very physical team and i think in a long series would wear u guys out.Just my opnion.it could be other way to.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
type_v

I thought Koivu' s play in overtime along with playing very well in regulation should granted him that third star (not that Kovalev didn't deserve it because he also played great).

-Winning the draw in our own zone when Tampa's most dangerous players are on the ice
-Gaining the zone beautifully by passing it to Plekanec on the opposite side of the ice (freezing all four bolts at the blue-line looking all flat-footed)
-Finally, the goal (everyone knows how that went)

type_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:50 PM
MathMan

So, anyone still doubting we should re-sign Tanguay?

MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Except goaltending. I love this win, but Price hasn't looked great in these two wins. He wasn't bad, but he needed to make that save on the second goal. The first goal should have been frozen dead rather than bumbled. He needs to get better quick. Let's beat Buffalo Saturday. Another must win. That should put the Sabres out of their misery.
I honestly felt he made some really tough saves, and was really unlucky on the two that went in. Its tough to get no action, then get a few pucks thrown at you.

If there was anything negative, I'll still have to pick on Hamrlik and his inability to clear the defensive zone, or hit the ****ing net with his shot.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Ca Cest le video de la but dans overtime pour saku koivu... Pardon My french, I bet that entire sentence is wrong. Anyways, great win tonight

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
Stop saying that Koivu saved the day. He did what he was supposed to do, crash the net and cash in a rebound.

It was the first time he did it in months.

Koivu has a ways to go before he gets in my good books, he was a no-show for far too long.
I'm sure he'll try harder for you down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Im not,boston has a very physical team and i think in a long series would wear u guys out.Just my opnion.it could be other way to.
No offense, but the fans of the bruins have thought that the past 3 times. Did it work ?

Koivu!!!!

****in' love this guy.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Thorn

well I am 2-0 since I stopped playing the game prediction thing.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Doc McKenna

Good win, they looked really nervous after that second crappy goal. Price either needs to hang a rabbits foot off his pads or see a voodoo doctor. Any time a weak goal(regardless of redirects) goes it the tires deflate on our weak minded team. Put they played a solid 50+ minutes of hockey and kaptain klutch is godly!

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Slick Nick

We finally looked everything except what Carbo and Benoit Brunet hope for. We passed the puck, made fancy plays and kept control of the puck instead of dumping it...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:58 PM
prairie hab

Some of you will never be happy

The Habs DOMINATED Tbay for the entire game. Both Tbay goals were rather lucky. Price was looking to cover up on the first one but didn't see it in the scrum, while Komi whiffed on a clearing attempt in the crease. The second goal was deflected twice off of an uncontested point shot because of a weak clearing attempt.

Quit with the "Price almost lost it for us" arguments.

The PP moved the puck well all night AGAIN with Tanguay/Kovy/Koivu, and those of you bashing Schneider are just plain retarded. WE NEED THAT BIG SHOT TO ADD TO THE PP THREAT. This was a great addition by Gainey.

How does Rick Tocchet ***** about the penalties? The Bolts were outshot 24-8 at one point, and it seemed the Habs hemmed in the Tampa d-men for 20-30 seconds at a time in the offensive zone regularly. Anyone notice a higher frequency of the 2 man forecheck? I sure noticed.

We kept two of the most notorious "Habs killers" in check (St. Louis / Lecavalier - whom I dream will both one day suit up for us).

Continued performances like this by our Habs and things will be shaping up nicely for the playoff run..............

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:06 AM
MathMan

A note on being chased by Florida -- Montreal has a 2-point lead, a game in hand, and the tiebreaker (more wins). At this point of the season, that's quite a bit to overcome.

To make the playoffs, Florida needs to finish ahead on points -- that means at least one more win and one more OTL than the Canadiens in their remaining 7 games -- and that's if the Habs lose that game in hand. If Montreal does win that extra game, then Florida needs to beat them by five points in seven games.

It's doable if the Habs falter, but it's in the Habs' hands, now. If they keep winning Florida is just going to run out of racetrack.

For example, if Montreal goes 3-5 over the rest of the season(possible, but certainly disappointing), then Florida can only make the playoffs with a 4-2-1 or better result -- fairly tough sledding already. Montreal going a mere.500 (4-4, or even 3-2-2) forces Florida to hit 5-1-1 or better to make it. If Montreal manages to go 5-3, or 4-2-2, then Florida somehow has to pull off 6-0-1.

Last edited by MathMan: 03-27-2009 at 12:12 AM.
MathMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Some of you will never be happy

The Habs DOMINATED Tbay for the entire game. Both Tbay goals were rather lucky. Price was looking to cover up on the first one but didn't see it in the scrum, while Komi whiffed on a clearing attempt in the crease. The second goal was deflected twice off of an uncontested point shot because of a weak clearing attempt.

Quit with the "Price almost lost it for us" arguments.

The PP moved the puck well all night AGAIN with Tanguay/Kovy/Koivu, and those of you bashing Schneider are just plain retarded. WE NEED THAT BIG SHOT TO ADD TO THE PP THREAT. This was a great addition by Gainey.

How does Rick Tocchet ***** about the penalties? The Bolts were outshot 24-8 at one point, and it seemed the Habs hemmed in the Tampa d-men for 20-30 seconds at a time in the offensive zone regularly. Anyone notice a higher frequency of the 2 man forecheck? I sure noticed.

We kept two of the most notorious "Habs killers" in check (St. Louis / Lecavalier - whom I dream will both one day suit up for us).

Continued performances like this by our Habs and things will be shaping up nicely for the playoff run..............
this is what happens when one team is a step behind the other team for almost the entire night. The lightning looked like the habs when they did their western conference road trip. Guess what, the habs were taking a ton of penalties back then too.

Tocchet just needs to review the game when he is in a calm state, and he will see that their problems ran much deeper than any supposed bad officiating.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
fear and hatred is one thing, being creepy is another, and b-fans ( atleast on hfboards) are creepy as hell.
The "What to do to the next fan who fears facing Montreal in round 1" thread definitely qualifies here... wow. Whatever it takes to rally up the courage to face the inevitable.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
I was at the game tonight (bout freakin time)

what a great game for us, lousy last 10 mins, but, ramo was amazing, guillaume and max are something else, it was great to see kovy live again, god i missed that

I also, have a little sotry lol

i sat in 106 K seat 6

i ask for a beer during the first period, and im 4 seats away from the isle, so the beer man gives the beer to the first guy, and they send it along to me and i pay and it goes along to him, ..after i get my beer, i noticed the people next to me seemed to be, unsualy "well dressed" and the beer guy was talking to the guy for a bit, i looked, and it was Henri Richard, LOL! i felt so bad , ..making henri richard pay my beer for me, before the 2nd finished, i went to get more beers when he was gone (he left frequently), and when i came back both beers in hand, he was sittin at his spot, and i looked at the secutirty guy "i..i dont wanna make him get up.." so i had to wait the last 2 minutes of the 2nd period in the hallway holding 2 beers lol, but when the period ended he was walking towards me and i got to shake his hand lol, made my night, meeting a legend

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:41 AM
JudasPriced

SAKU

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:44 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
there are no more saku chants at the bell centre

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

did you guys see how excited Saku was when he scored that? What energy!

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:17 AM
LastRide

Habs played a great game. That said this game had no buisness going into overtime or even a one goal game. The Habs wasted too many excellent chances. Guys are still having problems hitting the net.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Stop saying that Koivu saved the day. He did what he was supposed to do, crash the net and cash in a rebound.

It was the first time he did it in months.

Koivu has a ways to go before he gets in my good books, he was a no-show for far too long.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=290310010

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
Ca Cest le video de la but dans overtime pour saku koivu... Pardon My french, I bet that entire sentence is wrong. Anyways, great win tonight

This is the greatest sport ever.

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:27 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
A note on being chased by Florida -- Montreal has a 2-point lead, a game in hand, and the tiebreaker (more wins). At this point of the season, that's quite a bit to overcome.

To make the playoffs, Florida needs to finish ahead on points -- that means at least one more win and one more OTL than the Canadiens in their remaining 7 games -- and that's if the Habs lose that game in hand. If Montreal does win that extra game, then Florida needs to beat them by five points in seven games.

It's doable if the Habs falter, but it's in the Habs' hands, now. If they keep winning Florida is just going to run out of racetrack.

For example, if Montreal goes 3-5 over the rest of the season(possible, but certainly disappointing), then Florida can only make the playoffs with a 4-2-1 or better result -- fairly tough sledding already. Montreal going a mere.500 (4-4, or even 3-2-2) forces Florida to hit 5-1-1 or better to make it. If Montreal manages to go 5-3, or 4-2-2, then Florida somehow has to pull off 6-0-1.
You should never go by the "on paper" remaining schedules, however:

To add to your analysis - have you looked at the Rangers remaining schedule? IT IS BRUTAL!
Pitt, Jersey, Carolina, Bruins, Habs, Philly X 2
3 at home, 4 away
We have a game in hand

The Rags need to be as desperate as we are!
Florida might get in ahead of them, as could Buffalo if they get a lift from the return of Miller............ OH THE DRAMA!

Old
03-27-2009, 01:31 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
I was at the game tonight (bout freakin time)

what a great game for us, lousy last 10 mins, but, ramo was amazing, guillaume and max are something else, it was great to see kovy live again, god i missed that

I also, have a little sotry lol

i sat in 106 K seat 6

i ask for a beer during the first period, and im 4 seats away from the isle, so the beer man gives the beer to the first guy, and they send it along to me and i pay and it goes along to him, ..after i get my beer, i noticed the people next to me seemed to be, unsualy "well dressed" and the beer guy was talking to the guy for a bit, i looked, and it was Henri Richard, LOL! i felt so bad , ..making henri richard pay my beer for me, before the 2nd finished, i went to get more beers when he was gone (he left frequently), and when i came back both beers in hand, he was sittin at his spot, and i looked at the secutirty guy "i..i dont wanna make him get up.." so i had to wait the last 2 minutes of the 2nd period in the hallway holding 2 beers lol, but when the period ended he was walking towards me and i got to shake his hand lol, made my night, meeting a legend
Sweet!

I find it hilarious that Richard had to pass your beer money down!

Old
03-27-2009, 02:03 AM
CPrice

Koivus celebration at the end looked exactly like that picture where they came back against the Rangers last year.
Overall great game, team looked dominant out there. Heres to a strong stretch run.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:33 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I meant before Atlanta (I watched the game, it was all Tanguay all the time). Before the ATL and TBL games, Koivu was the hollow man.

Forgot the tying goal in the 3rd and GWG goal in OT against Edmonton ?

Last edited by ECWHSWI: 03-27-2009 at 03:59 AM.
ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote