HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blanchard: Ribeiro talking about Koivu

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2009, 04:20 AM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Blanchard: Ribeiro talking about Koivu

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...de-travers.php

Old
03-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Tusk

I'm so happy he's not on the Habs, maybe if he wasn't from Quebec I'd take him.

Old
03-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
De plus, il se faisait un malin plaisir de nous surnommer, Théo, Dagenais et moi, Los Tres Amigos, comme si le fait que trois gars qui s'entendaient bien et passaient beaucoup de temps ensemble pouvait nuire à l'équipe.
Haha.

Quote:
Avec un Ribeiro dans sa formation, le Canadien chaufferait actuellement les Bruins au premier rang de leur division et on parlerait de lui comme un candidat logique à la Coupe Stanley.

Honte à Gainey, donc?

Honte à Gainey, c'est sûr.

Rarement un échange n'aura autant fait reculer le Canadien.

En Ribeiro, on parle ici d'un joueur qui, à Montréal, à coup sûr, avec les années, serait devenu aussi populaire que les Lafleur, Richard et Béliveau...

Un autre beau gâchis.
Wow, Blanchard.. we didn't hear you complain last season.

Last edited by Nakamura: 03-27-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old
03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Seems that the communication was not better when Ribeiro was around. Maybe he would not have needed a trade after all to mature. If only they would talk to their players....

While Blanchard does love to exagerate (Lafleur, Béliveau...), it's clearly Gainey's worst move and even by his own admission. Not only Ribeiro was begin to show great chemistry with Kovalev but he also, with maturity, is showing that he's making the other guys around him better. Something we can't say our centermen are doing. We rave about Tanguay's incredible vision, well we would be raving as much about Ribeiro's.

And for whoever keeps trying to convince themselves that you hate him, he's a cancer and so on, I mean, sure he talks a lot. But who convince you that he was such a cancer? Journalists? The same ones that didn't convince you that Kovalev, Koivu or everybody else on the team were cancers? Why did you believe them then? I know something now, he really walks the walk though. That Loui Eriksson's emergence can't be just a coincidence. Kudos to him. But like I always say, whoever you trade, it's really about who you get in return. And if a return like Niinimaa was the only thing you could get, as "cancer" as he was, you were better with him. Make his stake rise with playing him with Kovalev and then if you still want to trade him for whatever reason, you would have something better than a guy who was even at the time of the trade Dallas 8th d-man.

Still, if the rumor is true, if trying to sleep with the wrong person worst then what we've had as off the ice issues this year? But then, were the journalists right about that part or did they invent something as they always do with Saku, Kovy.....

You cannot always have the greatest characters, but hockeywise, he is really missed, at least the Ribeiro that we're seeing today.

But if Ribeiro is implying that Koivu is the one responsible for him leaving because he didn't like him, that I don't believe it for one second.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 03-27-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old
03-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

aussi populaire que Lafleur, Richard, Beliveau... wow.

Old
03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
LouisJCloutier

It could have been a nice article but that comment at the end is such ********.

I don't recall I lot of journalist saying that Gainey made a mistake when he traded Ribeiro. They didn't even say it after Ribeiro first season with the Stars.

No, they waited and waited until Ribeiro had a great season. That's the way Montreal journalist work, they critic decision based on the aftermatch and not at the moment.

And to put Mike in the same category as Lafleur, Béliveau and Richard. I just don't know how that guy can write this.

I hate it when journalist praise player like they were the best in the world just because they used to play for the Habs and now they perform elsewhere. Just look at his comment about Begin ? I mean, who give a ***** about the Stars making him feel like he belong in the team and blablabla. They need him because half of their team is out with in injury. Let see how much they love Steve at july first....

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-27-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Don't circumvent the profanity filter.
Old
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
seriously...that deserves a

Old
03-27-2009, 06:55 AM
HomaridII

Every time I hear this punk speak I feel like flying to Dallas and giving him a beating.

Who is he again? Give me a break. I am not one of those that thinks Koivu is perfect, yes, it would be nice if he spoke french in public a little more, yes, it would be nice if he was more vocal in the dressing room, but I would take 1/100 of Koivu before I even begin considering taking 100 Ribeiro's.

Old
03-27-2009, 07:00 AM
TheCH*

That Ribeiro trade was an absolute disaster, a legitimate number 1 center for a number 7 D.

Whatever type of issues there were with him, if the Dallas Stars organization could solve them then there is no reason why the habs couldn't do the same. But its just all to common for this organization to give up on players only to see them flourish elsewhere

Old
03-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Joe Black

Dripper i thought is was the other way around

Old
03-27-2009, 07:23 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
**** Disturbor

Old
03-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Pascal

you know, Finns have a reputation for having a lot of attitude.

and despite me absolutely hating Ribeiro's guts, I still think it was a horrible trade. When he played in the Q I always thought Ribeiro would become a really good NHLer.. in Montreal tho I think it wasn't the right environment for him.

Old
03-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Do as I do, people, when confronted with these negative attack threads. Just click the little 'X' next to the thread title. The thread disappears - you can ignore it, and then go back to thinking about how well they're playing recently.

Old
03-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Blanchard is an idiot. He loses all credibility with that stupid statement.

Old
03-27-2009, 07:54 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Who is he again? Give me a break. I am not one of those that thinks Koivu is perfect, yes, it would be nice if he spoke french in public a little more, yes, it would be nice if he was more vocal in the dressing room
What does it matter what language Koivu speaks in public? How do you know how vocal Saku is in the dressing room?

These posts are so stupid because they have nothing to do with hockey. Would Mark Messier be a lousy captain in Montreal because he doesn't speak french in public?

That has NOTHING to do with winning hockey games or being a leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Do as I do, people, when confronted with these negative attack threads. Just click the little 'X' next to the thread title. The thread disappears - you can ignore it, and then go back to thinking about how well they're playing recently.
That's obviously *not* what you do or you wouldn't be posting in this thread.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-27-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old
03-27-2009, 07:56 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
When I read this, I burst out laughing and spit up coffee all over my tie and now I have a stain on it.

So is this article Ribeiro who is still a pissy little baby who can't get over being traded, or is it certain people in the media who can't get over the fact he was traded and won't drop the issue even though it was long ago now?

waffledave
Old
03-27-2009, 07:58 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
That Ribeiro trade was an absolute disaster, a legitimate number 1 center for a number 7 D.
Uh. No, He's not.

Ribs is a very good second-line center who's very productive against weaker opposition. He doesn't get the tough minutes, he gets matched up against weaker lines so he can rack up points. And he had a career year last season.

Trading him was maybe a mistake in hindsight (although it was a choice between Ribeiro and Plekanec, not Ribeiro and Koivu -- and that tradeoff didn't look too bad last year, did it? -- and long-term, I think I take Plekanec, who can play tough minutes effectively). But let's not pretend he's become some sort of elite center.

Blanchard loves to exagerate to make his point ("Gainey is a complete moron and an utter incompetent").

Old
03-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Gros Bill

Really classy, Mike, really classy. Pffffffffttttttttttt.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Kirk Muller

I am glad my French is so bad these days that i can't really even read the article.

When guys continually spout off despite moving on to a new city years later, it makes me wonder what they were like in Montreal. If they are still feeling the need to talk about it and say crap, maybe they were one of the problems.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Souvenirs

Oh god.

Koivu haters are gonna be all over this.

It was an horrible trade, but blaming it on Koivu? Rofl. Wait, I forgot, in Montreal everything can be blamed on Koivu

If they didn't get along and I were Bob Gainey, would I trade Ribeiro for that? No. I'd tell the two of them to suck it up. A little competition in a team can do no wrong anyway.

That article is complete ex-habs brown nosing anyway.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Every time I hear this punk speak I feel like flying to Dallas and giving him a beating.

Who is he again? Give me a break. I am not one of those that thinks Koivu is perfect, yes, it would be nice if he spoke french in public a little more, yes, it would be nice if he was more vocal in the dressing room, but I would take 1/100 of Koivu before I even begin considering taking 100 Ribeiro's.
I still wonder where the hate came from. Ribeiro was really sad to leave the team he loved and was bitter about it. Where's the problem? So he talks, and is cocky. But if he brings it on the ice, again where's the problem? You know, we don't have to be in love with individually all 20 players on our favorite team to still like the team. At least, even if the guy we are not in love so much makes our team win.

For whatever reason, I think that this hate for Ribeiro is also way beyond the character of the guy. He can certainly be not your favorite player, you can still think that he's not going to be there when it counts, you can certainly not like his face and how he dresses but hating him 'cause he talks, is cocky and happen to not like Koivu? If we are entitle to our opinion, why shouldn't he? And especially since he backs it up.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Totally shameful...by both Blanchard and Ribeiro. Didn't Ribeiro pop up just to talk crap about our team at a crucial point in the season last year too?

Old
03-27-2009, 08:11 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Uh. No, He's not.

Ribs is a very good second-line center who's very productive against weaker opposition. He doesn't get the tough minutes, he gets matched up against weaker lines so he can rack up points. And he had a career year last season.
Thats ****ing BS! Other teams match up their shut down line against him when they play Dallas. Why wouldn't they, he is their number 1 center.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
BadKiwi

I lost all my respect for Ribeiro when he did the frying fish during the playoffs. This is not a guy you win with. He's a good center for mediocre team. He will probably end his career in Atlanta or the likes. I was glad we got rid of him, so saying now that we could of get better is too easy.

Hope to see you get fried in the playoffs, Mike...if you get there.

Old
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
While Blanchard does love to exagerate (Lafleur, Béliveau...), it's clearly Gainey's worst move and even by his own admission. Not only Ribeiro was begin to show great chemistry with Kovalev but he also, with maturity, is showing that he's making the other guys around him better. Something we can't say our centermen are doing. We rave about Tanguay's incredible vision, well we would be raving as much about Ribeiro's.

And for whoever keeps trying to convince themselves that you hate him, he's a cancer and so on, I mean, sure he talks a lot. But who convince you that he was such a cancer.
It is Gainey's worst move, as the return was crap, but he had to move him for reasons I'm not going into since I don't know them to be facts.

But I also think that you can't have Koivu, Ribs and Pleks as your top 3 centers, cripes would that be the smallest/softest trio of centers in the league. Yea Pleks had an off year this season, but aside from the playoffs, he was great last season, so it's a tough call. Come playoff time, I would want Koivu in the lineup over the 2, as he's shown he's usually our best player in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
When he played in the Q I always thought Ribeiro would become a really good NHLer.. in Montreal tho I think it wasn't the right environment for him.
He was a freaking stud in the Q, I remember thinking he was going to be great with those hands of his. I started to change my view of him in the AHL playoffs though, as he just wasn't strong enough to be effective with the Citadells (they got smoked by Hamilton, lol)

Closed Thread