HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Blanchard: Ribeiro talking about Koivu

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
  #101
Riverboat Gambler
 
Riverboat Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ~ ~ ~
Country: Canada
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
Not the loss of Ribiero, more like the loss of a valuable assest..

It's true it's easy to look back and say "Hey what a stupide move". I remember back then we were told how bad he was in the locker room etc. etc. Maybe it was for the best....but I have doubts.
Fair enough...
You're right that Ribs has played much better with Dallas. And now he's established himslef as a consistent producer. And now he is a valuable asset. Not to my taste but undeniably a valuable asset.

Unfortuantely he wasn't able to do that as a young palyer with the Habs. He had one terrific year. But in his next year, Ribs was inconsistent and didn't take that next step (especially in terms of effort-level, and off ice behaviour).

There is a lesson to be learned...

The lesson: be careful with the young assests. An off-year is not a death blow (career - wise). Something to keep in mind in this upcoming draft.

Next year this thread could be about someone else and our GM is not perfect.

Riverboat Gambler is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
  #102
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Use to like him, hated him since the Cans-Habs series.

I'm french, so your point is at best ridiculous.

You deserve a serious followed by a .
Never said that French fans don't hate him. I've just noticed that almost every Anglo-Habs-Fan hates him.

If you can't come up with actual words to type, smilies work great, thanks!

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:07 PM
  #103
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems that the communication was not better when Ribeiro was around. Maybe he would not have needed a trade after all to mature. If only they would talk to their players....

While Blanchard does love to exagerate (Lafleur, Béliveau...), it's clearly Gainey's worst move and even by his own admission. Not only Ribeiro was begin to show great chemistry with Kovalev but he also, with maturity, is showing that he's making the other guys around him better. Something we can't say our centermen are doing. We rave about Tanguay's incredible vision, well we would be raving as much about Ribeiro's.

And for whoever keeps trying to convince themselves that you hate him, he's a cancer and so on, I mean, sure he talks a lot. But who convince you that he was such a cancer? Journalists? The same ones that didn't convince you that Kovalev, Koivu or everybody else on the team were cancers? Why did you believe them then? I know something now, he really walks the walk though. That Loui Eriksson's emergence can't be just a coincidence. Kudos to him. But like I always say, whoever you trade, it's really about who you get in return. And if a return like Niinimaa was the only thing you could get, as "cancer" as he was, you were better with him. Make his stake rise with playing him with Kovalev and then if you still want to trade him for whatever reason, you would have something better than a guy who was even at the time of the trade Dallas 8th d-man.

Still, if the rumor is true, if trying to sleep with the wrong person worst then what we've had as off the ice issues this year? But then, were the journalists right about that part or did they invent something as they always do with Saku, Kovy.....

You cannot always have the greatest characters, but hockeywise, he is really missed, at least the Ribeiro that we're seeing today.

But if Ribeiro is implying that Koivu is the one responsible for him leaving because he didn't like him, that I don't believe it for one second.
Ribeiro writhing on the ice in mock agony against the Bruins in the playoffs no less is the reason why I dislike him . I couldn't care less what some headline seeking pissant pseudo journalist(s) thoughts were on the matter .

habsfan44 is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:07 PM
  #104
LostMyGlasses*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Simon Fraser
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Uh. No, He's not.

Ribs is a very good second-line center who's very productive against weaker opposition. He doesn't get the tough minutes, he gets matched up against weaker lines so he can rack up points. And he had a career year last season..
Um, I live on the west coast and watch Dallas and Ribeiro with regularity, and YES he does play well against GOOD checking opposition, and YES he DOES get the tough minutes in Dallas.

Ribeiro has probably been Dallas' best forward outside Eriksson.

LostMyGlasses* is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
  #105
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
I've mentioned it a couple of times: I used to be next-door neighbor's with Mike Ribeiro before his trade, obviously.

I can personally atest that he was nice, cool, a great father, and a phenomenal athlete.

He wasn't a rat, he wasn't a cancer and he wasn't a whiney little kid.

I knew him for four years, every summer we'd play soccer three times a week (I don't play hockey) and he'd destroy me.

I asked about Koivu a lot of times, and he always would say that they get along and that's that.

This interview, to me anyway, isn't a cry for attention or anything, I think he's telling the God-honest truth. Gainey should have spoken with him, Koivu maybe wasn't the best captain (I've been preaching this for YEARS) for a young guy, and our return for him was LAUGHABLE.

Ribs is a phenomenal talent, it's hilarious to see every anglo habs fan just hate on him SO MUCH while everyone else admits that he's talented.

Would you rather a soft as butter Plekanec who is good-not-great offensively and doesn't speak english too well or a lanky Ribeiro who has AMAZING vision (I watch Dallas games occasionaly) and speaks both languages fluently?

Ribs is the real deal fellas.
no one is saying ribs wasn't talented but for some reason it's the only retort that people defending him have. He was traded because he was a problem in the dressing room, and that is the reason we got very little value for him in the trade - we were desperate to get rid of him, and dallas knew it.

even if you knew him and you were best friends, he obviously wouldn't tell you anything about what was happening in the dressing room. he was full of himself, he thought he was bigger than the team, saku and gainey knew this and they put him in his place.

you say that koivu maybe isn't the best captain - on what grounds? because he and that embarrassment ribeiro didn't get along? tell me, would you be protecting ribeiro if he wasn't your neighbor or a french star?

if the guy had any class at all, he wouldn't feel the need to constantly talk about the habs when he should be worrying about his own team.

number 11 is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:15 PM
  #106
Brass
Registered User
 
Brass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: laurentides
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
I've mentioned it a couple of times: I used to be next-door neighbor's with Mike Ribeiro before his trade, obviously.

I can personally atest that he was nice, cool, a great father, and a phenomenal athlete.

He wasn't a rat, he wasn't a cancer and he wasn't a whiney little kid.

I knew him for four years, every summer we'd play soccer three times a week (I don't play hockey) and he'd destroy me.

I asked about Koivu a lot of times, and he always would say that they get along and that's that.

This interview, to me anyway, isn't a cry for attention or anything, I think he's telling the God-honest truth. Gainey should have spoken with him, Koivu maybe wasn't the best captain (I've been preaching this for YEARS) for a young guy, and our return for him was LAUGHABLE.

Ribs is a phenomenal talent, it's hilarious to see every anglo habs fan just hate on him SO MUCH while everyone else admits that he's talented.

Would you rather a soft as butter Plekanec who is good-not-great offensively and doesn't speak english too well or a lanky Ribeiro who has AMAZING vision (I watch Dallas games occasionaly) and speaks both languages fluently?

Ribs is the real deal fellas.
I can attest Ted Bundy was nice

Brass is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:16 PM
  #107
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,369
vCash: 500
Ribeiro's just jealous that the habs will make the playoffs and not his team

its that simple
he was happy when we missed the playoff

so its our time to laugh on him

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
  #108
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
it's hilarious to see every anglo habs fan just hate on him SO MUCH while everyone else admits that he's talented.

Would you rather a soft as butter Plekanec who is good-not-great offensively and doesn't speak english too well or a lanky Ribeiro who has AMAZING vision (I watch Dallas games occasionaly) and speaks both languages fluently.
How the **** would you know who is anglo and who isn't on this board.

So take your ****ing anglo Hab fans comment and shove it up wherever you'd like.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
  #109
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
Never said that French fans don't hate him. I've just noticed that almost every Anglo-Habs-Fan hates him.

If you can't come up with actual words to type, smilies work great, thanks!
Or maybe french guys see anglo fans criticizing the guy and circle the wagons around him as a stupid nationalist reaction.

The funny thing is Ribeiro isn't even french he's Portugese. Same thing happened with Angelo Esposito when the Habs passed on him. All the self-loathing seperatist types suddenly adopt the Italian kid who went to Selwyn House as Rene Levesque Jr. in order to wave the flag and whine about how their souls are being corrupted by peridious albion.

Time to get over that inferiority complex.

Turboflex* is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
  #110
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Ribeiro's just jealous that the habs will make the playoffs and not his team

its that simple
he was happy when we missed the playoff

so its our time to laugh on him
you should write for La Presse!

Pascal is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
  #111
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
no one is saying ribs wasn't talented but for some reason it's the only retort that people defending him have. He was traded because he was a problem in the dressing room, and that is the reason we got very little value for him in the trade - we were desperate to get rid of him, and dallas knew it.

even if you knew him and you were best friends, he obviously wouldn't tell you anything about what was happening in the dressing room. he was full of himself, he thought he was bigger than the team, saku and gainey knew this and they put him in his place.

you say that koivu maybe isn't the best captain - on what grounds? because he and that embarrassment ribeiro didn't get along? tell me, would you be protecting ribeiro if he wasn't your neighbor or a french star?

if the guy had any class at all, he wouldn't feel the need to constantly talk about the habs when he should be worrying about his own team.
Okay, so someone who knew him well for four years says something and then YOU reply not ever speaking to him much less knowing him personally about his big ego. Tell me more Miss Cleo, please.

Listen, I'm saying that the mixture of:

a) Amazingly talented young player
b) Horrible, disasterous trade, and
c) Our lack of skill down the middle

all adds up to a stinker of a loss of a player. Cancer or not (he is NOT) we would have been much better off with him than without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus
Ribeiro's just jealous that the habs will make the playoffs and not his team

its that simple
he was happy when we missed the playoff

so its our time to laugh on him
Ribs said last year that he was bitter about being traded (2 years ago) and he wishes the team the best now. Funny how haters can have selective memory, isn't it?

+++++++++++++++++

Edit: I'm not even French. I'm Anglo. I've just noticed that a lot of anglo people (lots of my friends) have a Hate-On for Ribeiro for reasons unknown. I once spoke with a friend who said that Begin is superior to Ribeiro for the team. It's just ridiculous.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
  #112
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Ribeiro's just jealous that the habs will make the playoffs and not his team
its that simple
he was happy when we missed the playoff

so its our time to laugh on him
I wouldn't go counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:23 PM
  #113
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You talk as if he has 10 points in 70 games. 43 points in 57 games, including 5 game winning goals. How is that not worth $4.75M a year? The guy has 13 points in his last 10. He is consistent when it counts.

Check your stats... try 8 points in his last 10... which is very good mind you, but why embellish? I think being on pace for ~60pts/82 games is average production at best for a guy making almost 4.75M/season... if you think that's enough, so be it. He certainly has been playing better of late, thankfully, and I do agree that he does seem to pick up his play at important times, too bad most of february, when the team was nose diving, he couldn't do the same.

Why is it that the trouble makers on the team complain about Koivu, but never the ones who respect the team? Hmmm...

[Bmost hockey players tend to keep their mouths shut about what goes on in the dressing room period. no doubt that jack*** like Ribeiro say things that most hockey players wouldn't, thought that in itself doesn't necessarily mean that what he says is completely baseless[/B]

Oh, don't give me that bull crap. Ribeiro was a locker room cancer. He helped split the locker room and tried to create a "Us vs. Them" mentality, that lead to himself and Theodore being shipped out of Montreal. He thought he could mutiny the captain and he thought wrong. Ribs wasn't unwelcome until he decided he was better than this team.

so who is the "cancer" this year? Kovalev? the kost brothers? price and his crew? I wasn't in the locker room, so I don't know, maybe the "3 amigos" were a cancer, but it's not like removing that "cancer" has done all that much to change things. We went on a great run last season (free from injuries), this year the first signs of adversity = a major slump (being one of the worst teams in the league in 2009 is laughable considering the talent on the team). Besides, those theories about them were likely just as overblown by the media as this year's topics have been.

Give me the name of one player who people in this league respect that has questioned Saku Koivu's leadership. One. Give me someone he has played with who said it. You can't name it. Why? Because you're buying into a witch hunt.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he had some friction with a few finnish players, though I have no idea who or how accurate my memory on that is. In any case, I'm not trying to burn Koivu at the stake... I'm just suggesting that perhaps there is something more to what Ribeiro or the bulk of the french media feel about koivu than JUST the fact that they are *** holes... I like Koivu, the player. I've never had a negative run in with him, and aside from the fact that he's always been a little unreliable injury wise, and a sub-all-star caliber "best player on the team" (which is of course, not at all his own fault), I've got nothing to complain about what he brings to the team. I do tend to believe that he's struggled with being this teams captain, but even in this it's probably not his fault... the organization has done a terrible job of giving him any other veteran players with leadership attributes to support him (and let walk/shipped away the only two that we had)

Go look at Dallas. Look at all of the leaders there. They went from a lock to win the Pacific to the bottom of the Western Conference and are now struggling to earn a playoff spot. That team has Zubov, Morrow (out for the year I know), Richards, Modano and Ribeiro, and they are in a much worse spot than us. It's obvious that is has a lot more to do with just a captain. It has a lot more to do with a team and when an entire teams confidence fades, it takes a lot to turn it around. We're turning it around now. Dallas has lost 5 straight and is 5 points out of a playoff spot.
Lock to win the Pacific??? Who in their right mind would have picked them as a "lock" over San Jose who added boyle/blake in the offseason? Dallas is underperforming, but they've even more snake bit with injuries than we have... and if not for their terrible start (while missing 3 of their 4 best players in Morrow/Zubov/Lehtinen, then the avery fiasco), they'd be much higher in the standings... Where do you think we'd be if we had lost Lang/Tanguay/Markov in the first half?

anyways, i don't "hate koivu"... and I certainly don't like Ribeiro. But just because he's not classy, or the kind of person that is willing to break the "what goes on in the locker room stays in the lockeroom", doesn't necessarily make him a liar.

just reading people's automatic dismissal of what he said reaks of the same kind of "witch-hunting" paranoia that anyone who critiques aspects of Koivu's contributions always endures.

Miller Time is online now  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:27 PM
  #114
twenty7
Registered User
 
twenty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Get your team into the top 8 before talking trash, Mike.
i like ur avatar !!!

oh by the way this only happens in montreal ONLY!!!

twenty7 is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:29 PM
  #115
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
Cancer or not (he is NOT) we would have been much better off with him than without.
he was certainly a problem in the room. why do you think everyone goes after him whenever we play dallas? does it look like he still has friends on the team? are you going to say grabovski wasn't a problem in the room either? maybe you should be defending him too.

number 11 is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
  #116
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
I've mentioned it a couple of times: I used to be next-door neighbor's with Mike Ribeiro before his trade, obviously.

I can personally atest that he was nice, cool, a great father, and a phenomenal athlete.

He wasn't a rat, he wasn't a cancer and he wasn't a whiney little kid.

I knew him for four years, every summer we'd play soccer three times a week (I don't play hockey) and he'd destroy me.

I asked about Koivu a lot of times, and he always would say that they get along and that's that.

This interview, to me anyway, isn't a cry for attention or anything, I think he's telling the God-honest truth. Gainey should have spoken with him, Koivu maybe wasn't the best captain (I've been preaching this for YEARS) for a young guy, and our return for him was LAUGHABLE.

Ribs is a phenomenal talent, it's hilarious to see every anglo habs fan just hate on him SO MUCH while everyone else admits that he's talented.

Would you rather a soft as butter Plekanec who is good-not-great offensively and doesn't speak english too well or a lanky Ribeiro who has AMAZING vision (I watch Dallas games occasionaly) and speaks both languages fluently?

Ribs is the real deal fellas.
You're so biaised as an anti-Koivu I can't even take your opinions seriously anymore.

Yeah, he's talented. No one said he wasn't.

He wasn't a rat, a cancer, bla bla...as your neighbour. What about his attitude towards the organization or on the ice ? What about his stupid antics in the playoffs?

To me, he's still very bitter about leaving and has something against Koivu so he says HIS side of the story. Not the ''God-Honest truth''.

Well any truth to you is the one that points fingers at Koivu anyway.You can judge Koivu as a captain? Really? Are you in the locker room?

Whatever at that language ********. ''Anglo fans hate him, Plekanec doesn't speak French while Ribeiro does!'' Ok? Who cares? Is this kind of **** going on in other teams? Doubt it. The medias are scared that Koivu will be the team's longest serving captain. No wonders that this came out after a win where he scored in OT. Gotta contain the Koivu support right?

Souvenirs is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
  #117
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,333
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Honestly, the more I think of this whole article, the more I am pissed. It's just the timing of the whole thing. It's pretty clear some knuckleheads at La Presse got together earlier in the week, anticipating another tough week for the Habs, and wondered ''what else can we do to stir **** up and create a complete circus?''.

Their answer was to send a reporter (one of the worst and most controversial ones, along with fat Reggie T, I can't wait until old hacks like these 2, Michel Villeneuve and Michel Bergeron are finally gone from our media scene) down to Dallas to exclusively write a ridiculously pro-Ribeiro profile, while opening the door for Ribeiro to rip on Koivu in the process. Add in some completely outrageous comments about Ribeiro's impact on a hockey team, even daring to compare him to HHOFers, when Ribeiro is PROVING this year that he can't even lead a team as its best player to anything more than a mediocre .500 record and it's just a joke.
Well said.

And everybody knew Ribs was a primadonna in juniors, why would it change when he made it with the Habs?

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
  #118
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Every team player that has come to Montréal since he's been here have all had good things to say about him.

Either you tell us who your 'sources' are, or go talk to yourself.
a good friend is married to a girl who worked with the players on a day to day basis three seasons ago... as a result he attended several team functions and was often behind the scenes on game days before and after games, schmoozing with other people in various positions.

He was a huge Koivu fan prior to his experience, and now can't stand him. He's not the type of guy to get offended by any sort of personal slight, and never so much as implied that Koivu had ever done anything to him directly.

the others a similar types of "six degrees of seperation" sort of connections, as I'm sure many people on this board have. I'm not saying anything slanderous or specific, nor accusing Koivu of anything, so I hardly think naming names is necessary (no one seems to demand names when people make positive statements based on 2nd/3rd hand contacts...)

in any case, it's not exactly a "source" that I'd base any kind of concrete judgement on. And I wouldn't pass judgement on the guy (Koivu) without knowing him myself.

All I'm saying is that when there is smoke, there is often fire... Ribs might be blowing smoke, large parts of the french media may be anti-koivu just because, and the teams maddening inconsistency and inability to deal with adversity might have nothing to do with a lack of strong leadership...

but who can say for sure, and why is it so hard for some people to consider that maybe, just maybe, Koivu is partly to blame for some of the flack he receives?

Miller Time is online now  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
  #119
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wouldn't go counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched.
well they have more chances than dallas.
but its true, i shouldn't used the word "will"

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
  #120
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
a good friend is married to a girl who worked with the players on a day to day basis three seasons ago... as a result he attended several team functions and was often behind the scenes on game days before and after games, schmoozing with other people in various positions.

He was a huge Koivu fan prior to his experience, and now can't stand him. He's not the type of guy to get offended by any sort of personal slight, and never so much as implied that Koivu had ever done anything to him directly.

the others a similar types of "six degrees of seperation" sort of connections, as I'm sure many people on this board have. I'm not saying anything slanderous or specific, nor accusing Koivu of anything, so I hardly think naming names is necessary (no one seems to demand names when people make positive statements based on 2nd/3rd hand contacts...)

in any case, it's not exactly a "source" that I'd base any kind of concrete judgement on. And I wouldn't pass judgement on the guy (Koivu) without knowing him myself.

All I'm saying is that when there is smoke, there is often fire... Ribs might be blowing smoke, large parts of the french media may be anti-koivu just because, and the teams maddening inconsistency and inability to deal with adversity might have nothing to do with a lack of strong leadership...

but who can say for sure, and why is it so hard for some people to consider that maybe, just maybe, Koivu is partly to blame for some of the flack he receives?
What's this? A reasonable post? WHY I NEVER!

Koivu is the GREATEST human being to walk the earth. How dare you bismerch his name with your silly slander. YOU"RE NOT A FAN!11



What I get, daily.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
  #121
DDIHH
Registered User
 
DDIHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
I don't know if it has been posted, but Francois Gagnon answers to Blanchard on his Blog. I'm not Gagnon's biggest fan, but he makes a lot of sens this time:

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70314323

DDIHH is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
  #122
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
YOU"RE NOT A FAN!11
This part is certainly correct.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
  #123
Bialo Czerwoni
 
Bialo Czerwoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
To be honest Im not surprised at all. Ribeiro was great on the ice and that was all you could ask from a young player. Right now we have plenty of young immature players I guess we should trade them all too

Bialo Czerwoni is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
  #124
jnthomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
I don't know if it has been posted, but Francois Gagnon answers to Blanchard on his Blog. I'm not Gagnon's biggest fan, but he makes a lot of sens this time:

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70314323
Wow very well written by Francois Gagnon. He just won a few points in my book.

jnthomas is offline  
Old
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
  #125
LostMyGlasses*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Simon Fraser
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
he was certainly a problem in the room. why do you think everyone goes after him whenever we play dallas? does it look like he still has friends on the team? are you going to say grabovski wasn't a problem in the room either? maybe you should be defending him too.
Yea, clearly the Habs dressing room problems went away when Ribeiro and Grabovski were traded...










LostMyGlasses* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.