HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-Vancouver

Old
03-18-2009, 03:36 AM
nEaLB4ZoD

vCash: 500
Buffalo-Vancouver

Assuming Vancouver loses the Sedins:

To Vancouver:

Pominville

To Buffalo:

Bieska
2nd round pick/prospect

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 03:37 AM
God
Free Citizen

Nope. Bieksa is our best defenseman.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
well, offensive defenseman anyways.. Can't say he's the best defensively.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Canucksrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
well, offensive defenseman anyways.. Can't say he's the best defensively.
you could make a case for best overall/all-around defenseman

Also if were losing the Sedins, then Gillis will have something in the works, hopefully (hes proven to be a forward thinker, and lots of money to solve the issue without trading arguably our best overall dman.

Canucksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 06:56 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Id take it if i was either team.

Bieksa is a beat and very underrated, that all being said Pommy has at least 70 points in him ever season.

Edit: It would have to be a straight-trade...no picks or prospects.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

That would hurt us a lot losing Bieksa.. But IF we lost the twins, I'd consider a straight one for one swap.. Although I'd rather go for a center if were trading Bieksa.

We'd have so much cap space losing Bieksa, the twins, and Ohlund... We could easily make a pitch for J-Bo along with another big name, Gaborik comes to mind. Being optimistic would be Hossa, but I wouldn' count on him coming to Van...

Burrows(2)-Sundin(6)-Pominville(5.3)
Gaborik(6)-Kesler(1.75)-Demitra(4)
Moen(1.2)-Hodgson(1.8)-Bernier(2)
Hordichuk-Johnson-Hansen(0.75)/Raymond
Hansen/Raymond

Bouwmeester(6)-Mitchell
Salo-Edler
O'Brien-BLANK(1)
BLANK(0.75)

Luongo(6)
BLANK(0.75)

Cap Hit: 60mil

Well.. Doesn't quite work haha..

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 09:22 AM
re5piration
'67 til

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
That would hurt us a lot losing Bieksa.. But IF we lost the twins, I'd consider a straight one for one swap.. Although I'd rather go for a center if were trading Bieksa.

We'd have so much cap space losing Bieksa, the twins, and Ohlund... We could easily make a pitch for J-Bo along with another big name, Gaborik comes to mind. Being optimistic would be Hossa, but I wouldn' count on him coming to Van...

Burrows(2)-Sundin(6)-Pominville(5.3)
Gaborik(6)-Kesler(1.75)-Demitra(4)
Moen(1.2)-Hodgson(1.8)-Bernier(2)
Hordichuk-Johnson-Hansen(0.75)/Raymond
Hansen/Raymond

Bouwmeester(6)-Mitchell
Salo-Edler
O'Brien-BLANK(1)
BLANK(0.75)

Luongo(6)
BLANK(0.75)

Cap Hit: 60mil

Well.. Doesn't quite work haha..
Indeed.

J-Bo will probably garner something around 7-8 mil, as with Gaborik (who already turned down an 8 year 80 million deal or 10m/year).

As for the trade, I'd do it from a 'nuck POV.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I dunno how many GM's will be willing to dish out 8 million dollar contracts this off season... I don't expect to see any unless they're 1 year deals.

Given the uncertainty of the cap I'd think these star players would want to get locked up for 3 years or so. If they take a 1 year deal for 8 this year and need to resign again next year and the cap takes a hit down 4 mil or so... They'd be lucky to get a 5 million dollar contract.

Given the fact that it is widely rumoured that Gaborik wants to play in Van, I think he'd take an offer at around the 6mil mark. Do you think that 8mil offer from Minny is still open? **** no, that was offered last summer before any talks of the cap going down.. It's a much different market now.

J-Bo really depends. If he does indeed want to play in western Canada he won't be getting 8mil..

The flames can't afford him outright.. Even if they let Aucoin walk they still need to sign Cam before J-Bo I'd think.. And he'll be commanding decent money.. Maybe 6mil..

Edmonton COULD afford J-Bo if they made some trades to clear up space. But they already have Sourray and Visnovsky.. They would 100% need to trade one to have a chance at J-Bo.. Plus Horcoffs new contract will be hitting the books, they need to sign a goalie, plus they have a ton of unsigned RFA and UFA they will probably need to resign (many at a raise) or replace.

Canucks really don't have any big contracts after this year. It's quite likely we'll get the Sedins for 5.5mil, Sundin if he plays will no doubt take even less money to get a shot at the cup, and we get lots of guys off the books like Pyatt, Wellwood (if we want), Vanaanen, Davison, Obrien (if we want).

My point is we have lots of space to make a deal for this guy. And further more, if he wants to play in Western Canada he won't get 8mil.. If he goes elsewhere, sure, np.

Old
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
FuzzyTitus

First of all, Salo is the best overall D-man, he just can't stay healthy. Still wouldn't make that deal, would prefer a sniper over a play maker. I am not suggesting Vanek, I'm just saying we've got play makers, we need snipers.

If we lose the twins, we need to find 2 top line players, best way would be through FA. If we could grab one of Hossa/Gaborik, and hopefully resign Sundin, we could be looking at a pretty potent, defensively responsible forward line-up.

FuzzyTitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Scrambllllle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I dunno how many GM's will be willing to dish out 8 million dollar contracts this off season... I don't expect to see any unless they're 1 year deals.
I'm sure there will be at least one for Bouw

Scrambllllle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Peter Griffin

I only way I'd do it is if the Canucks can find a replacement or upgrade on the UFA market for Bieksa. It's pretty likely that Ohlund is going to be testing the UFA market and to move Bieksa as well would be too much of a blow to the Canucks' defense. If they can sign JayBo then this is something I would definitely consider though.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:19 AM
madpooh

Doubt Buffalo does it. They are pretty stocked at Defense in the prospects and have very little RW depth if they traded Pominville. If this trade was going to be made it would have happened before when Buffalo had RW (Kotalik, Max, Bernier...) and Van had D depth.

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambllllle View Post
I'm sure there will be at least one for Bouw
Oh ya, there will be a few I'd bet... But if J-Bo wants to play in western Canada and he isn't simply going for the money, which is what many beleive as he turned down Florida's offer, he won't get 8 mil from one of the Flames, Oilers, or Canucks.

Old
03-18-2009, 12:10 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

To be honest, I haven't seen much of Pomminville this year - Buffalo just hasn't been a team I have followed much of this season, so maybe my comments are completely off here...

but I think his value has taken a hit since he signed his new contract... he's going to be a $5.3mill/yr cap hit now, which is basically close to what we'd be expecting to pay Daniel and Henrik - and his offense hasn't been all that good this year.

he's had 15 goals this season, with 50 pts and a -10 rating, while playing huge minutes (over 20mins/night, which is pretty high for forwards).

I'm not sure that at $5.3mill/yr, he's really worth it anymore.

that's not to say he's not a good player... but we're basically expecting to pay that to our top 2 scorers, who are consistent PPG guys. Is it worth it to give up one of your best dmen, locked up to a very solid contract, to acquire a player making that much?

maybe I'm way off here, as I haven't followed much of Pomminville this season... but the pricetag seems a little high to me to justify giving up a guy like Bieksa for.

personally, I'd rather take my chances in FA... at that salary, you're looking at guys like Cammerelli, Franzen or Tanguay in FA, who won't cost you a quality dman on a good contract to acquire.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Peter Griffin

Pominville makes $5.3M next year? Ouch, I though it was in the low $4's. Bieksa/Pominville may not even be a move the Canucks can make. The only realistic way I see Bieksa being moved is if JayBo is brought in, and if that's the case the Canucks would most likely be looking to deal Bieksa for a cheaper forward, especially if Sundin is brought back.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

This would have worked for us when Pominville was actually good, but he's been pretty terrible this year, despite a good game yesterday.

No thanks.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Pominville makes $5.3M next year? Ouch, I though it was in the low $4's. Bieksa/Pominville may not even be a move the Canucks can make. The only realistic way I see Bieksa being moved is if JayBo is brought in, and if that's the case the Canucks would most likely be looking to deal Bieksa for a cheaper forward, especially if Sundin is brought back.
4.5 next year, 5.5 the following 4 years, 5.3 cap hit

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
This would have worked for us when Pominville was actually good, but he's been pretty terrible this year, despite a good game yesterday.

No thanks.
15g 35a 50p in 70 games is far from terrible!

Old
03-18-2009, 01:59 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
you're right... not terrible at all.

but it's also far from being a great deal for $5.3mill/yr - which is what you'd need to get to deal a dman like Bieksa signed for $3.75mill/yr - which is a great deal for him.

at that contract, I take my chances in FA and keep Bieksa.

simply put:

Pomminville > Bieksa
Bieksa at $3.75mill > Pomminville at $5.3mill

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
We don't want a guy with those stats plus an awesome -10 rating all for the low, low salary of $5.3 million per season - at the cost of Bieksa? Again...no thanks.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Better Call Saul

I don't think you want Pominville, Canucks fans. He is dreadful.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
We don't want a guy with those stats plus an awesome -10 rating all for the low, low salary of $5.3 million per season - at the cost of Bieksa? Again...no thanks.
Ok you are right he's terrible.

Old
03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
EndlessNameless9319
@NBarry19

Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
Lol at Sabres fans trying to trade Pominfail.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 03:05 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
Pomminville > Bieksa
Bieksa at $3.75mill > Pomminville at $5.3mill
I'd disagree. Top pairing defenseman always trumps an average first line winger (generalization for both, but I feel they are appropriate).

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
FuzzyTitus

I still don't think Bieksa is a legit #1 D-man. I much prefer Salo, if only he wasn't glass. Bieksa makes way to many mistakes in all zones of the ice, and tends to get caught pinching, alot. He plays tough and usually gets the shots through, but I think Salo just does everything well when he's healthy.

FuzzyTitus is offline   Reply With Quote