HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/28/09 New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins 1:00 PM MSG

Old
03-28-2009, 03:16 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Maloney just said the linesman made the call on Orr.

wow.
I just heard that too, you can not let a Linesmen determinee the out come of a game with a call like that.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
did you watch the Olympics a few years back? i dont think there is a bigger stage
Yes, the bigger stage is the NHL. And he did give up 3 or 4 goals in that final game. He was far from the reason Sweeden won it all. That team was stacked.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:17 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Yes, the bigger stage is the NHL. And he did give up 3 or 4 goals in that final game. He was far from the reason Sweeden won it all. That team was stacked.

So was every team in the Olympics, that's weak man.

Old
03-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
gOOD TO SEE tORTS DEFEND AVERY IN HIS POST GAME PRESS CONFRENCE.
can you please summarize what was said?

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:24 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
That Orr penalty just burned my bones.

I was so ****ing furious about that call.

What a ****ing joke.

Let's just give every ****ing game to the Pens.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:25 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
can you please summarize what was said?
He was asked if Avery was getting a fair shake by the refs, Torts said no bot all, Avery has made his own bed in the past, but has done his penance, He is concentrating very hard on playing the game, but if he does somthing that is deserving of a penalty or ejection than so be it, but until than just let him play.

Old
03-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Uh..no he didn't. And ask Jokinen is he helped win that game.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:32 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
Ahh yes let's blame the Refs it's the easy excuse. Give me the one call they made on the Rangers that wasn't a penalty? They all were the proper call. Now I will agree they missed one maybe 2 calls on the Rangers Antropov with about 10 left and Zhredev in the 1st when he went around the guy.

With that sad you didn't lose because of the Refs. You lost because 2 of the 4 goals were from Rangers d men stepping up and missing their guys or the puck. Forget who on the 1st goal but the guy I think Mara steps up in comes Talbot 2 on 1. Then you have Morris on the 3rd goal he steps up and does a good job getting back into the play as does Cally. Problem here is Redden decides to come all the way from right side to also go after the guy Cally is taking. Problem is he dishes the puck off and you have a 3 on 1 and Fedotenko put's it in. The winning goal was Crosby flying past Morris like he was standing still then shrugging off Redden for the GW. The 2nd goal of the game by Pitt. was just a case of crashing the crease. Pitt. was 0 for 10 on the PP the Rangers PK was great as Sam and Joe makes sure to tell us 40 times a game.
While you do make some good points Joe--the Orr major was a momentum changer and quite honestly even calling it an interference was a bit borderline. Eaton's injury mainly comes from trying to duck under the hit and in doing so he put his head too close to the dasher board. Technically it is an interference--but it was close enough to the play where many if not most similar plays are not even called. Other than that it was just a body check as the obviously miffed Micheletti that you cite above saw it. True--we did kill it off but it also obviously had an effect on the 4 d-men who pretty much played the entire second half of the game and it kept most of our other top forwards (as fearsome as they are) off the ice. And in the context of all that the inexplicable non call takedown from behind of Antropov following in short order after Pittsburgh's winning goal is a bit galling. Truthfully the Rangers pwp is not all that frightening and the score probably remains the same--but we'll never know. Even so I think at least from my perspective it tainted what was a pretty good back and forth game.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:40 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Nick00

"We know what the refs did."

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McMonster

What a stupid game.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I know, I was just expressing my awe that he played that much and managed to be +1 in a game where we gave up 5 goals.

LOL yeah. He was much better today as well, compared to Thursdays game when he was a -4 along with Staal.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
GuyWithStatsDegree*

Quote:
Aside from having your facts wrong here, let it not be forgotten that you proclaimed that Petr Prucha was a better player than Sidney Crosby. Don't worry, Stan Fischler agreed with you as well as...ok, it was just you and Stan Fischler.

In any case, the point here is not to discredit you as someone allergic to rational judgments and prone to knee-jerk reactions, but I can't think of another way to finish that sentence.

GuyWithStatsDegree* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:56 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

According to Gross's blog, a d-man will be called up. Guess that means Sauer down. I saw Hartford play against Albany live yesterday. Sangs looked good. 2 assists at least I think. Can't remember. I also thought that Vladimir Denisov wasn't bad, threw some big hits for a smaller d-man.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
According to Gross's blog, a d-man will be called up. Guess that means Sauer down. I saw Hartford play against Albany live yesterday. Sangs looked good. 2 assists at least I think. Can't remember. I also thought that Vladimir Denisov wasn't bad, threw some big hits for a smaller d-man.
Bobby Sangs is a Jersey boy.... He should get the call for Monday

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
did cally beat the pulp out of redden for his performance, or what is the reason?

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
truebluegoalie

Orr hit

I was just looking at the boxscore for the game and according to both TSN and ESPN the official penalty assessed to Orr was 5 minutes for interference?

Is that even possible?

edit*
nm, I guess it is

56.4 Major Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of violence, to a player or goalkeeper guilty of interfering with an opponent (see 56.5).

I would like to know how often that has been called though.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:45 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Could mean that Mara is inured, too.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:45 PM
C77

Sounds like you guys got hosed.

The B's were on the PK 8 times in Pittsburgh recently but at least we got 5 PP in the game. I ******* hate Crosby.

I once had a cat named Cindy.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Could mean that Mara is inured, too.

I hope Sauer doesn't go down, tough couple of games for him, he went up against two goal scoring jugernuts.

I would think Mara's eye is a tad bit more messed up than we orginally thought. He may need a few days to get it right.

Old
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
What exactly did Sauer do wrong today? That 2 on 1 goal by Talbot was Mara's fault. Fedetenko and Crosby's goals were both directly Redden's fault. Oh god how awesome would it be to see Wade get sent down? I would start doing backflips.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I was just looking at the boxscore for the game and according to both TSN and ESPN the official penalty assessed to Orr was 5 minutes for interference?

Is that even possible?
Yes it is. It's the second time Orr recieves one as well. . .

Today;

Last season;

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Yes it is. It's the second time Orr recieves one as well. . .

Today;

Last season;

That was a bad call too.

Old
03-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post
Keep using 4 d-men Torts, it's working out great.
94now was right, the team misses Rosy, even if he's not the best player in the world, he has been steady and the whole D corps has looked at of whack with the extra minutes they been getting.

No I have no idea if this team can even make the playoffs.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
ThirdEye

Sauer was a -2 in 2 minutes of icetime...

As much as I think Sauer is going to be a good defenseman one day, having Rosy get injured with less than 10 games to go and against division rivals who he's played so much against can only hurt us.

I have no clue if we'll make the playoffs or not.. it's going to be difficult. Rangers are going to have to pray that other teams screw up just as much as them along the way

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote