HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Château Bow Wow ala Torts

Old
03-29-2009, 07:26 PM
D713B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Maybe you should do some research into Tortarella's track record in the NHL. Then maybe you can contribute with a better informed post.

For better or for worse, its his way or the highway. Thats the way its always been with him.
Yeah, I should probably do that. Who is this John Tortorella guy?

The man bashed Avery a few months back and now loves what he brings to the team. Get over this personal vendetta BS because it's a terrible excuse and simply not true for anyone that's been with a team for a month. He benched Z and now he's been a PPG player since. He didn't use him the shootout, which no one understands, but other than that there is no personal vendetta. You guys sound like obsessed fan boys, it's pathetic. Quit whining.

If you want to say he plays favorites then fine but personal vendetta is a little far. That said, what's wrong with a coach having his favorites, it's his team. He hasn't benched anyone that hasn't deserved it so I don't get the big deal with you cry babies.

Last edited by D713B: 03-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.
D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
At least I'm not the only one who sees reason.

Everyone has their Tort's "Hope" blinders on.

The guy gets in his own way. He can't get passed him self for a moment, and the team suffers for it.

This is the tightest playoff race this team has been in in over a decade, and this guy let's his personal gripes prevent wins. You DO NOT bench two defensemen. You DO NOT hold back two of your best goal scorers (Zherdev and Naslund) in favor of two, probably three, bottom six players: Avery, Callahan, Sjostrom. Want Cally up there, fine, but holy GOD when your team in down you DO NOT continue to spite your best forwards.. this is getting down right obnoxious.

naslund has 3 more goals than callahan but doesnt do nearly as much on the ice and is seen in there plus minuses. callahan is +15 better than naslund....so thats why torts plays callahan above naslund. avery gets more time because hes a more effective player than naslund right now.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 07:42 PM
2Leetch_94

Hasn't Naslund jumped onto the ice way too soon twice which lead to bench penalties in the last week and a half? That deserves a benching all by itself.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Agree.

Like i have been saying, his ego gets in the way.

And his line combos are terrible. Top six guys in the bottom two lines and fringe 3rd and 4th line guys getting top minutes...
I think your ego gets in the way. I think i just have to ignore your posts from here on out.

I'm with the poster who said that the high priced guys have been holding their own since Torts took over. They aren't the ones that need to benched at this point.

PS: SSM, I'm just bustin your chops, bud.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Please address the post, not the poster. Far too many personal attacks.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote