HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ethan Moreau for MVP!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 11:03 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Ethan Moreau for MVP!!!

I would be utterly shocked if Ethan Moreau isn't selected as the Oilers Most Valuable player this season.

Is there a better choice?

I can't find one.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I would be utterly shocked if Ethan Moreau isn't selected as the Oilers Most Valuable player this season.

Is there a better choice?

I can't find one.
Early on in the season, one might of made a case for Staois, but now theres no question in my mind either. Some people maligned the contract extension Moreau got, but I'd say his play this season should erase any doubts. Not only is he set to have a career year offensively, but he's also equaled his career high goal output allready. In addition, he's not just scoring goals in 4-1 games either, a lot of them have been big, big goals.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

An arguement was made for York before the injury. But now? Chopper all the way. I can't believe I thought we should trade him over the summer. I am shamed.

Go Ethan, you are a great example of what it is to be an Oiler.

MVP
MVP
MVP

Old
03-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Rooks Oilers

Love this quote by Ethan in today's Sun

"When you win, it gives you hope," Moreau said. "It's exciting just to have that chance to get in. We all know the atmosphere here when playoff time comes. That's worth fighting for."

He gets my vote as well Dawgbone!

Ethan for MVP!

Old
03-16-2004, 11:43 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
An arguement was made for York before the injury. But now? Chopper all the way. I can't believe I thought we should trade him over the summer. I am shamed.

Go Ethan, you are a great example of what it is to be an Oiler.

MVP
MVP
MVP
Yeah... I had no doubts that earlier on York was the MVP... but after seeing how the team has played without him over the last 6 weeks, I don't know how much of an argument can be made that York is the MVP.

Old
03-16-2004, 12:06 PM
kyle

In an injury-free season: MVP goes to York, or maybe even Reasoner (guy can dream).. in THIS season, Moreau, hands down.

Who is the runner-up?

Does Brewer get consideration due to the ice-time he logs?

Old
03-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Obsessed

I say Oates... (he did help our faceoffs!!)

LOL

What about Conklin? He came out of the minors and stole the #1 position. Not that Salo really defended it but still...

Your right. Moreau all the way!!

Old
03-16-2004, 12:37 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

York was great earlier in the season...Dvorak has contributed greatly in the later parts...but only Moreau contributed consistently throughout the season. I'd give the nod to him too...from unsung hero to MVP.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Loweball

It's hard to pick an MVP for the Oilers this year as there was no clear stand out and we have got contribution lately from just about everyone.

I am the first to admit I am surprised by the season Chopper has had. In fact, last summer I thought, as well as 99% of the people here, he should be traded. In fact i remember reading, and agreeing, Kevin Lowe should be fired if this guy was signed. I guess that's why we are not a GM in the NHL. Every team needs a guy like this.

Ethan could get the nod....Torres has had a great year as well, and Conklin saved our butt when Salo went in the tank. Ryan Smyth has come on the last half, Jason Smith and Brewer have been workhorses all year and I would feel good if any of these guys were selected.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Matts

It's a shagged up award anyway

seeing as how Salo won it over Weight in '01

Old
03-16-2004, 03:00 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
seeing as how Salo won it over Weight in '01
It's shagged up because of one questionable season?

I guess every NHL award is shagged up then.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Walsher

I would bet on Smyth, not because he has been the MVP, but because for some reason he still gets ridiculous credit even during horrible hockey. Moreau has been the warrior all year and he may even hit the 20 goal mark (something that I have been saying he could do for a long time now). How many of you people were writing this guy off in training camp? I seem to recall a lot of posts asking for Lowe to deal him. Without Ethan things would be even more bleak.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Matts

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
It's shagged up because of one questionable season?

I guess every NHL award is shagged up then.
seeing as how Weight should've won hands down, I'd say that defintely took some bloom off the rose.

BTW, the earth is round

Old
03-16-2004, 04:05 PM
xerburt

nedved for mvp?

if the oilers make the playoffs this year, we may even have to consider the mvp going to nedved!

sure, he'll have only played 16 games by season's end. but i don't think there's any doubt his recent play here has brought the oilers surging these past days. depending on how he produces, i don't think we can deny his being here would be a critical factor on IF we make the playoffs!

surely he doesn't have the typical traits of your "mvp". he hasn't been here long, he's not attached to the community, he hasn't endured the entire schedule with the team............ but his impact on the oilers' playoff hopes indeed are valuable to the team and all us fans.

Old
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
My order:
1. Moreau
2. Dvorak
3. Torres
4. York
5. HORCOFF!!

Old
03-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Hairball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I would bet on Smyth, not because he has been the MVP, but because for some reason he still gets ridiculous credit even during horrible hockey. Moreau has been the warrior all year and he may even hit the 20 goal mark (something that I have been saying he could do for a long time now). How many of you people were writing this guy off in training camp? I seem to recall a lot of posts asking for Lowe to deal him. Without Ethan things would be even more bleak.

Not from me. I hope he gets it. I am so glad that they didn't trade him. He's been awesome this year. I really admire his work ethic and have for a while. That's why I got my Moreau jersey.

Old
03-16-2004, 06:01 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
BTW, the earth is round
Thanks.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:31 PM
dawgbone

This deserves a little *Bump*

He has been absolutely clutch!

Old
03-16-2004, 11:36 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
2 more goals to hit 20 then

Old
03-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Oi'll say!

Ethan is always one of my favorite players at this time of year, the sad thing is that I always start "Ethan for..." threads every August without fail.

Kudos to Lowe and especially Ethan for getting the extension done.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:23 AM
dawgbone

* bump

Old
03-19-2004, 11:53 AM
LawnDemon

wow - something that dawgbone posted that i can agree with. i think the four horsemen will come riding over the hill any minutes now.

moreau has been my favorite oiler since the game where he almost knocked himself out bulldozing chris pronger (3 years ago?). he knocked pronger out of the game and got the momentum turned in edmonton's favor.

now THAT's a hockey player.

Last edited by LawnDemon: 03-19-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old
03-19-2004, 12:06 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
wow - something that dawgbone posted that i can agree with. i think the four horsemen will come riding over the hill any minutes now.
Yeah, well let's not make this a habit... things may get a little boring.

Old
03-20-2004, 02:55 AM
OilerMania83

Ethan Moreau IS the MVP of this team, without a doubt. He's been amazing this whole year and he just oozes out heart. I think that Ethan Moreau should be the next Captain of this team, ahead of Ryan Smyth, IMO. I was one of the few people who was happy when Moreau re-signed and I'm pretty sure most people are happy he wasn't tossed to the curb like almost everyone thought. Way to go, Ethan, for having a career year AFTER signing your contract....not before...(coughMarchantcough )

ETHAN MOREAU - 2003/2004 MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

Old
03-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
Ethan Moreau IS the MVP of this team, without a doubt. He's been amazing this whole year and he just oozes out heart. I think that Ethan Moreau should be the next Captain of this team, ahead of Ryan Smyth, IMO. I was one of the few people who was happy when Moreau re-signed and I'm pretty sure most people are happy he wasn't tossed to the curb like almost everyone thought. Way to go, Ethan, for having a career year AFTER signing your contract....not before...(coughMarchantcough )

ETHAN MOREAU - 2003/2004 MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
That's a very interesting point that I hadn't really thought of.. Moreau is one of the few guys in the NHL that has actually had a career year after signing a long contract extension. That says a lot about his character in my mind.. I agree, I see him being the next captain of the Oilers.

Closed Thread