HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#77 - 03.30.09 | NJ Devils @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
03-30-2009, 08:41 PM
MBHockey

vCash: 500
Brodeur didn't give up a wrap around goal. He probably considers this game a success.

MBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:44 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBHockey View Post
Brodeur didn't give up a wrap around goal. He probably considers this game a success.
i see what you did there

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholt168 View Post
Hey everyone, long time lurker, just signed up and want to say

LETS GO RANGERSSSSS.

Huge win. Eat it Marty.
welcome to the asylum noob.

strap in and enjoy the ride

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I missed the debacle in Atlanta and heard a little of the Pens loss, but any way you slice it, our young guys like Dubi and Cally are carrying this team on their friggin back.

Avery has 10 points in 13 games. Antro has 11 in 13 and Cally 12 in 13.

This game answered a lot of questions for me. There is no reason why they can't at least win three of their last 5 to ensure Florida has to run the table.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
eco's bones

This might have been the best game the Rangers played all season. Solid effort all around. This was two very very important points to get. And nice to get the shutout against one of your biggest rivals. Not that I thought that Sauer should have gone down but Potter had a pretty good game tonight--almost 16 minutes of ice time.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Speedtrials

Just a great win for the Blueshirts. Loved the patience Dubi showed on that first goal. Just a month ago he would have shot that right into Broduer. Now hopefully we will get some help before Thursday's game.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
welcome to the asylum noob.

strap in and enjoy the ride
Thank you. Been a fan since I was 5. I've had about 15 years of the Rangers insanity. I love it.

rholt168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
congrats bro.

got 2 myself. enjoy yer new daughter.

Thanks buddy. I can't wait to tell her that her first night in our home was a joyous one in New York and a miserable one in Newark!!!!

Old
03-30-2009, 08:54 PM
NYR Viper

Potter looked very comfortable tonight and even got some PP time in the 3rd period. I think Torts just wants to see both Sauer and Potter play in different situations and be able to tell them what they need to work on over the offseason but both looked like they are ready for the NHL right now and should most likely be on the team next season.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:57 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Something to ponder:

Devils fans won't admit this, but this game was marked on their calendar for a very long time. They can downplay it all they want, but the fact is that for a very long time during the season, they believed their dominant team with a healthy Brodeur would absolutely destroy us.

Then more hype was added once we reacquired Avery. But still, they were every bit as confident that their Devils would beat the heck out of us.

Man, they couldn't have been more wrong. The end of the season has been a disaster for the Devils. They have been exposed in all areas of the game, and more importantly have lost a bunch of big games against good teams.

They can say what they want. But the truth is that the Devils need wins against elite teams during the stretch run to validate their standing, and they have done the opposite. More importantly, their goalie just can't beat us anymore.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:00 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Something to ponder:

Devils fans won't admit this, but this game was marked on their calendar for a very long time. They can downplay it all they want, but the fact is that for a very long time during the season, they believed their dominant team with a healthy Brodeur would absolutely destroy us.

Then more hype was added once we reacquired Avery. But still, they were every bit as confident that their Devils would beat the heck out of us.

Man, they couldn't have been more wrong. The end of the season has been a disaster for the Devils. They have been exposed in all areas of the game, and more importantly have lost a bunch of big games against good teams.

They can say what they want. But the truth is that the Devils need wins against elite teams during the stretch run to validate their standing, and they have done the opposite. More importantly, their goalie just can't beat us anymore.
i just read the last 5 pages of their GDT - LOL - they are steaming. Made my night reading it. they are going ballistic

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Hey, did anyone notice after the game as all the players went up to Hank? Antropov was ABSOLUTELY LOVING it. It's his first Devils-Rangers game - We need to sign this guy up.

Get it done!

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
SML

Okay...
I might be alone here, but I don't think Lundqvist looked all that great tonight. There were times that, to me, it seemed like he was fighting the puck a little bit. Of course we weren't giving up the endless odd man rushes and breakaways so he didn't HAVE to be spectacular, so maybe that's why it seemed like he wasn't himself. If this team can keep the puck in the other teams zone and not give up ridiculous chance s all night, we have a damn good shot of winning.

They say the mark of a good dman is when you don't hear his name. Well, Potter must have been fabulous because nothing about his game stuck out to me.

Avery is one of the most important players on this team. He controls a good portion of the game. His effort tonight was a masterpiece of mischief. Sean Avery's role is not to go out and fight and make teams fear him. It's to make them stop concentrating on hockey and start concentrating on him. Which is why I have no problem with hi getting ragdolled like that by Clarkson. It only adds compelling video evidence to Torts claim that the refs are singling Avery out and not giving him the benefit of calls he should get. I also have no problem with him being out in the last minute as it plants the seed for the Devils to hate him next game. Not that they wouldn't anyway.

Zherdev has to get his game together or I don't think he is back next year. Way too many neutral zone turnovers and fancy passes. Less is more. You can't dangle every play.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Something to ponder:

By the way congrats Scipio.

Adding Avery, Antropov and Morris has added a lot more size, snarl and physicality to this team which in my eyes was a huge reason why our offense sucked for most of this season. I know there are a lot of Ranger fans who didn't want Avery to come back but he adds a lot of edge to this team and it seems at least right now he feels he has something to prove and he's kept everything in check so far. Antropov's size when he goes to the net is also a big deal--he is huge and very hard to handle. Hopefully we can hold on to him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
TheRedressor

Zherdev needs to hit the net with that slapper more than anything else.

He could easily have 30 goals if he scored on 25% more of those

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:10 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Sean Avery (upon his return) 1
NJ Devils 0

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Zherdev needs to hit the net with that slapper more than anything else.

He could easily have 30 goals if he scored on 25% more of those
Z seems to hit opposing players legs more than anything.

"Zherdev shoots... blocked" How many times have we heard that?

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

couldnt agree more sml...that had to have been one of lundy's easiest shutouts of his career based on the quality scoring chances alone. On my way home and i have to say watching the lil debutants exiting the building heading back to the swamps with their tails between their legs is such a sight to behold. it never gets old. great win boys it'll take more of the same to beat carolina right now but heres to another good one thursday

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

CONGRATS SCIPIO!!!!

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by forhasta View Post
Hey, did anyone notice after the game as all the players went up to Hank? Antropov was ABSOLUTELY LOVING it. It's his first Devils-Rangers game - We need to sign this guy up.

Get it done!
I saw that too. The guy seems to just be a great guy. He gets along with everyone and no matter where you put him he will be effective. His size is severely needed on this team not just this season but in the immediate future as well. I think with the play of both Sauer and Potter, its gives Sather more options to do so.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
OverTheCap

Just got back from the game. What a great atmosphere, it was almost playoff-like. Lundqvist played one of his best games of the season and Avery is clearly in the Devils' heads. It's amazing how this team just takes it to another level against Marty. I wouldn't mind facing the Devils playoffs, it would certainly be an entertaining series.

Everyone played well with the exception of the Drury line, Naslund, and Redden. Gomez was flying as he normally does against the Devs, if he only he played like that every game. Potter looked good out there, and it was nice to see Girardi get his offensive game back.

Here's an interesting stat to ponder: Marty hasn't beaten the Rangers in regulation since Feb. 22, 2007. Lundqvist has been dominant against him for about 2 seasons now, although things may be slightly different if Marty wasn't injured this year. I'm actually more confident in the Rangers' ability to beat the Devils with Marty in net as opposed to Clemmensen or Weekes.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM
draeko17

Quote:
Originally Posted by forhasta View Post

Get it done!

I'm really looking forward to watching Antropov in the post-season with the Rangers. Hope it's a long run.

draeko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Where are all the Lundqvist bashers that say Lundqvist can't win big games?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Did anyone watch the Devils post game? Who did Marty throw under the bus?

03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Where are all the Lundqvist bashers that say Lundqvist can't win big games?
I was just thinking the same thing

Overall great performance by the Rangers as a whole.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote