HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

first post, no more rodent

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
brickwall2007

vCash: 500
first post, no more rodent

hi everyone this is my first post, but ive been a constant reader of this website for 2 years. finally decided to register and mix some of my ideas in with all of yours. and tonight i finally found what i wanted to bring up to everyone and hear there thoughts on.

did anyone read hockey rodent today, like this site, ive been reading his stuff for a couple years now, and after an entire season of rodent just complaing and crying about how this rangers team isnt how he wants to be. i can say i am done reading his blog and i wanted to see if anyone feels the same way after reading some of his new stuff??

its just that the quality of his blogs completely diminished after prucha was traded, and i cant stand to read anymore about how much prucha was screwed over.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
free0717

Rodent is a bean counting geek. He probably never picked up a stick or laced on a pair of skates in his life. He doesnt even watch the games because he lives out of town and is too cheap to pay for the Center Ice Package. He watches the Rangers in 60. All he does is crunch numbers to support his arguments.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

You've lurked here for two years and THIS is your first post?

LOL

Welcome

Old
03-30-2009, 09:31 PM
MorrisWanchuk

i still read all the blogs - i like to get a range of opinions. i've found the hockey rodent's misery a little bit grating of late. i know he posts here, but i've found inferno's blog to be most informative lately.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:34 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickwall2007 View Post
hi everyone this is my first post, but ive been a constant reader of this website for 2 years. finally decided to register and mix some of my ideas in with all of yours. and tonight i finally found what i wanted to bring up to everyone and hear there thoughts on.

did anyone read hockey rodent today, like this site, ive been reading his stuff for a couple years now, and after an entire season of rodent just complaing and crying about how this rangers team isnt how he wants to be. i can say i am done reading his blog and i wanted to see if anyone feels the same way after reading some of his new stuff??

its just that the quality of his blogs completely diminished after prucha was traded, and i cant stand to read anymore about how much prucha was screwed over.
He seems like he likes to read what he writes similar to one talking just to hear himself talk.

There are alot of folks out there that can articulate their arguments to make it seem reasonable, they are called lawyers.

Rodent talks alot of crap and even makes some of that crap seem reasonable, but he doesn't really have anything of substance to say.

One of the reasons I don't visit his site all that much.

He writes like he knows more about the game than the average reader and most of the times he could not be more wrong.

It must be nice to have all the time he has.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
His site is a good read, but he's fallen off the emo cliff. I'm kind of worried he's going to slice his wrists the next time Redden does something stupid.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:44 PM
hlundqvist30*

Derek Morris could score the game winner in quadruple overtime of game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and he'd make his next post about how Petr Prucha made a nice play in the defensive zone in April and cry more about how we shouldn't have traded him. Just ****ing become a Phoenix Coyotes fan.

Old
03-30-2009, 09:53 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
He probably never picked up a stick or laced on a pair of skates in his life.
If you only knew how wrong you were on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
He doesnt even watch the games because he lives out of town
Strike two. He's back in the NY area.

As for today's rant, I couldn't agree with it more.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
If you only knew how wrong you were on this one...

Strike two. He's back in the NY area.

As for today's rant, I couldn't agree with it more.
come on he's been in cali for like the last 2+ years at least and always *****ed about paying 150 for CI

Old
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Unk

I don't know, I like reading him because I disagree with him so much. Though I'm starting to get curious as to know his criteria for a player to "adore" if only Prucha could make it.

If one gets no entertainment from seeing their team succeed and (hopefully) the playoffs, I'm curious why one is watching a sport like hockey.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Balej20*

I don't think anyone is forcing anyone to read his blog. I believe he gives an "off the beaten path" look at the team and everything surrounding it. On other web sites, it's always rainbows and cotton candy with this team. I respect, and enjoy his insight and view on the team.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:17 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
hi everyone this is my first post, but ive been a constant reader of this website for 2 years. finally decided to register and mix some of my ideas in with all of yours.
Welcome aboard.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

I used to enjoy reading his blog as it was a different and interesting view on things. However, since Prucha was traded it's really gone down hill. I can hardly read half way through a post without leaving the site. I was a big Prucha supporter too, but geez, move on, he's not on the team anymore.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Loto68

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
come on he's been in cali for like the last 2+ years at least and always *****ed about paying 150 for CI
He's been back in NY, he moved back here. And not paying for Center Ice was a boycott.

Also, people are complaining that he only focuses on the negative stuff. So does that mean that people hate negative things unless they themselves say it? Because it seems to me that most of the people here seem to be negative most of the time.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Smashley

rodent is obnoxious. only like going by the blog when the berth-o-meter is up honestly.

But I Digress...

Old
03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
brickwall2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I don't think anyone is forcing anyone to read his blog. I believe he gives an "off the beaten path" look at the team and everything surrounding it. On other web sites, it's always rainbows and cotton candy with this team. I respect, and enjoy his insight and view on the team.

i never said i was forced, i just wanted to see if everyone thought the same things as me about rodents new material.

and for the welcomes thank you

Old
03-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Ice Hockey

once a rat, always a rat

Old
03-30-2009, 10:46 PM
realitystrikes*

I cant believe how this site allows certain people to abuse their authority. I do not know how many times my posts have been removed for no reason whatsoever, with the coward who did it not even having the guts to pm me and explain why.

Old
03-30-2009, 10:50 PM
bcrt2000

I think rodent has some good insight when he wants to comment on a game. Thats why I've been a regular visitor of his site since the Lindros era. However, I don't know why hes been so vocal about not liking this team, especially AFTER they fired Renney and brought in Avery, Morris and Antropov, guys who actually can play.

He loved Petr Prucha and is broken up about it I guess, but IMO he did nothing after his rookie season-- even if his minutes were diminished his production shouldn't have diminished as badly as they did. I mean, I was broken up about Jags leaving, but he was our scoring leader 3 years in a row and was easily our best player in the playoffs over the past 4 series.

ro is still cool though. I just hope he gets into it once the playoffs start.

Old
03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
mhurley

So can we assume Brickwall2007 and Free0717 are LennyNYR alteregos?

Old
03-30-2009, 11:12 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

I used to read every Rags blog I could get my hands on. These days, I only need Carp.

Old
03-30-2009, 11:31 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

well prucha just won it in o.t

rodent just squirted

Old
03-30-2009, 11:51 PM
czechmate25

I guess I'm in the minority here but I enjoy Rodent's blog. He pretty much sums up how I feel for the team. Stupid front offices decisions left us a boring team. Like the rodent, I wish the team the best and cheer them on but it is hard to get excited over the team as it is assembled now.

He's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else is, some will agree and some won't. Nobody is forced to read it if they choose not too.

Old
03-31-2009, 12:47 AM
trilobyte

I think it is pretty darned amazing that an albino squirrel can write a column and manage a website in the first place.
And all you can do is crack his nuts, so to speak.

Oh, for shame...

Old
03-31-2009, 01:37 AM
Sports Archaeologist

Rodent's been crying lately about how there is no one (left) to 'root' for, in terms of individuals, on the club.

He seems to have forgotten that you root for the name on the front of the sweater, not the names on the back.

Closed Thread