HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ruutu vs. Staal vs. Bouwmeester?

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 08:58 AM
L2k

vCash: 500
Thx boys! Anyone care to throw out point predictions next year (assuming there is one) and in the future?

Old
03-17-2004, 10:58 AM
CanoeRider

Ruutu-53pts
Staal-38pts
J-Bo-25pts (which is actually really good for a young dman)

Old
03-17-2004, 11:25 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
1) Bouwmeester
2) Stall
3) Ruutu

Old
03-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Luongofan, watch the personal attacks please.

As for point predictions:

Staal- 55 points. He's going to see a significant amount of icetime due to the fact that Ron Francis was traded and will likely not be back with the franchise in a playing capacity. He's going to see a greater amount of powerplay time as well. Also, with the progression of some of our younger wingers the Hurricanes should be a much higher scoring team. Not to mention the fact that O'Neill is getting his shoulder worked on and will hopefully be the player he was a few years back. He's on pace for about 32-34 this season already with all the turmoil going on in the organization. 32 to 55 isn't that huge of a jump for a player that is the caliber of Staal.

Ruutu- 60 points. He's going to have another fantastic year next year to build off of his strong 2nd half of the season. However, I feel that his points are going to come in streaky bunches again. 3 point games and 4 point games followed by streaks of three or four games without a point. This will be due in large part to lack of superior linemates to keep his game going in his dry spells and his numbers will suffer a little. He is the future of the Blackhawks franchise and will likely get the icetime that his talent level deserve. Thus, he will be more productive.

Bouwmeester- 25 points. I have a feeling that Jay is going to find his niche' in this league as a more defensive defenseman than an offensive defenseman. That's just my personal opinion. While the points will be serviceable for a top paring defenseman, I just don't see him putting up gaudy numbers. If he continues to work on his defensive game and positioning, he's going to be a fantastic all-star player. If he doesn't, he's going to be a decent first pairing defenseman.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkie
but youy cant even compare the Situations. Jay Bouwmeester has to be our #1 defenseman night in, night out at an extremely young age. Pitkanen is a lower Pairing d-men who doesnt see the same amount of ice time and doesnt have the same amount of pressure on him to perform. Plus he gets to play with names like Markov, Jonsson, Leclair, Gagne, Amonte, Kapanen.Bouwmeester doesnt have the luxury of steady, reliable Experienced forwards and defensemen to help him out, Pitkanen does.
I really dislike the situation Bouwmeester is in. He needs a veteran presence to help him out and help him learn the game at an NHL level. I was so relieved when they didn't trade Odelein. At least that's something. I really like Bouwmeester, but I worry that he is never going to develop properly in his situation.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Snugglepuss

Ruutu.

I love the way this kid plays the game.

Closed Thread