HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bergeron or Urquarth??

View Poll Results: Bergeron or Urquarth?
I'm happy with Urquarth 22 47.83%
We should have taken Bergeron 24 52.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

vCash: 500
Bergeron or Urquarth??

I asked this question at the start of the year and was shocked all Habs fans would rather have Urquarth than Bergeron. Urquarth was taken in the picks just before Bergeron so the Habs could have had him. They missed badly on Gagné when they took Chouinard a few years ago and i think they miss again with Bergeron.

Would you still take Urquarth over Bergeron?

Old
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Dripper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
I asked this question at the start of the year and was shocked all Habs fans would rather have Urquarth than Bergeron. Urquarth was taken in the picks just before Bergeron so the Habs could have had him. They missed badly on Gagné when they took Chouinard a few years ago and i think they miss again with Bergeron.

Not that Bergeron is a bad player, it's just that what we needed for our future was a big and skileld center and that Urquart fits perfectly.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
Not based on the fact bergeron made the NHL and outperformed all expectations.

However Urquhart does have the raw talent to blossom into a skilled player at the NHL level, unfortunately he also seems to have a selfish attitude and an unwillingness to pay a physical price to succeed. I am hoping when he gets his crack at professional hockey he realizes you need more than talent and a 'tude to get by.

At least have the decency to spell the guy's name right when asking the question however.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Darz

Quote:

You mean that injury prone player the Bruins took??

Sounds like another Benoit Brunet to me!

Old
03-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Subban Fan

What a useless thread...we'll see in 5 years!!!

Old
03-16-2004, 01:04 PM
jacklours

How can people not say Bergeron, I mean, he's one of the best rookie in the league, the other still plays in the, as he will next year. Then he'll play in the AHL for at least 2 years

Old
03-16-2004, 01:04 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Urquhart will never be near the player Bergeron is, doesn't have the drive from what I have seen from him.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:05 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21
Urquhart will never be near the player Bergeron is, doesn't have the drive from what I have seen from him.
I think it's apples and oranges, but it's hard not to notice how good Bergeron looks at 18. He's gonna be a good one ...

Old
03-16-2004, 01:09 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I think it's apples and oranges, but it's hard not to notice how good Bergeron looks at 18. He's gonna be a good one ...
As a Bruins fan I agree, and while not bashing Habs prospects, Urquhart appears to lack the willingness to sacrifice himself for the better of the team, he can be a very lazy player (I'm from PEI and have seen plenty of Rocket games this year). As a Habs fan I would be more excited about Micheal Lambert, he's having a great season and is much more of a determined player than Urquhart IMO.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:10 PM

The way I look at it is....you can't have them all....and i'm happy with Urquhart, from what i've seen from him , he'll be a good player...who knows maybe there's another player from that second round who'll turn out even better (Lapierre ) ?

Old
03-16-2004, 01:12 PM
highstickingyerface

I am excited about Lapierre's future and if they get him signed (which I'm sure they will) Lambert as well. I agree with Tmac and I've seen every Rocket home game this year.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
What a useless thread...we'll see in 5 years!!!
What a useless response...

In 5 years? Bergeron will have 5 years of NHL experience while Urquarth may still be trying to score 100 points in the ECHL/AHL/AMH.... Bergeron got recognition league wide with his play in the NHL as a rookie while Urquarth got only 79pts this year in Junior...
Bergeron has great maturity and talent and he IS playing in the NHL while Urquarth has some attitude problem according to some people who saw him play.

So Komi, you better keep tracking Urquarth in the Junior or AHL while Bergeron will improve his play by playing against men in the league Urquarth may never play in called the NHL...

Old
03-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Darz

I wonder how Bruins fans would react if I started a thread on their board about if they were happy they took galtender Evgeni Ryabohikov with the 21st pick in the '94 draft when Jose Theodore was still available, and taken with the 44th pick?

Old
03-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
How can people not say Bergeron, I mean, he's one of the best rookie in the league, the other still plays in the, as he will next year. Then he'll play in the AHL for at least 2 years
I don't know either...
We should ask to Komi#1 what he doesn't understand...

Old
03-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I wonder how Bruins fans would react if I started a thread on their board about if they were happy they took galtender Evgeni Ryabohikov with the 21st pick in the '94 draft when Jose Theodore was still available, and taken with the 44th pick?
I know what Johnny V would say

Old
03-16-2004, 01:18 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
The way I look at it is....you can't have them all....and i'm happy with Urquhart, from what i've seen from him , he'll be a good player...who knows maybe there's another player from that second round who'll turn out even better (Lapierre ) ?
I'm more excited about Lapierre than Urquhart because of his playing style, and I have heard that Lambert is the real deal, but that was from someone who's wife works for the Rocket, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I know what Johnny V would say
Yes, I would assume JOHNNY would be happy with Ryabohikov!

Old
03-16-2004, 01:20 PM
highstickingyerface

Lapierre's style sets him apart from both Lambert and Urquhart, while nowhere near as gifted as either of his two scoring teammates, he is the fan favorite on PEI because he plays a complete game and shows up every night.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Its not the same thing at all. Bergeron and Urquarth were playing (in fact Urquarth is still playing there...) in QJMHL and Mtl scouts should have noticed the diamond that Bergeron is. Everybody has something good to say about this kid and he is in the top rookies this year while being the youngest player in the league. Its like when mtl got Chouinard over Gagné. Sure the Bruins had some poor choices in the past, so has every team in the league, but the question i asked was if you STILL think that Mtl got the better choice in Urquarth and as i can see, the biaised is still there.

I will ask you another question. Is there somebody who isn't a Habs fan who thinks that Urquath is a better pick than Bergeron???

Old
03-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
I don't know either...
We should ask to Komi#1 what he doesn't understand...
First...Who cares??? Each draft year there are plenty of errors...
Second it's not because you have a good 1st year that it will mean that you'll be a superstar or a great player...
Third...some prospects needs more time to develop...
Fourth...useless thread!!!

Old
03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
highstickingyerface

I will defend the Montreal scouts by saying last year nobody thought Bergeron was an NHL player, in fact until the end of training camp most still felt Bergeron was a future prospect. The Acadie-Bathurst Titan sure didn't expect him to make the Bruins opening day lineup. That doesn't mean he won't have trouble following up that success next season. When drafting it's not for immediate needs (unless you have an impact player at the top of the draft) so much as it is for long term needs. Urquhart played in Montreal last year, was one of the team's top scorers and I believe their best playoff performer. Couple that with his size and skills and he was not a bad pick at all. For some reason he didn't continue the progress he showed last year the second half of this season.... doesn't mean you should trash a 19 year old kid and suggest he won't be an NHL'er down the road. It's quite easy to make a quick decion based on a years worth of results now.... time will tell which pick was better in the long run.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:26 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Its not the same thing at all. Bergeron and Urquarth were playing (in fact Urquarth is still playing there...) in QJMHL and Mtl scouts should have noticed the diamond that Bergeron is. Everybody has something good to say about this kid and he is in the top rookies this year while being the youngest player in the league. Its like when mtl got Chouinard over Gagné. Sure the Bruins had some poor choices in the past, so has every team in the league, but the question i asked was if you STILL think that Mtl got the better choice in Urquarth and as i can see, the biaised is still there.

I will ask you another question. Is there somebody who isn't a Habs fan who thinks that Urquath is a better pick than Bergeron???
Did you start this thread just to mock Habs' fans and the Habs' scouts on the Habs' board? Is your life really that empty? I pitty you...

Old
03-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
You mean that injury prone player the Bruins took??

Sounds like another Benoit Brunet to me!
haha, injury prone??? I really hope youre kidding. He got hurt once this year, 64 games in, hardly injury prone

Old
03-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Did you start this thread just to mock Habs' fans and the Habs' scouts on the Habs' board? Is your life really that empty? I pitty you...

Old
03-16-2004, 01:30 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:

we can't make all the right moves ... We will see in 5 years , not now !

Closed Thread