HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PEI Rocket Habs

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 01:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
PEI Rocket Habs

http://www.habsworld.net/show_prospect.php?id=472

Old
03-15-2004, 04:55 PM
BJCOLLINS

Thanx.......Dan Linn is right on about Lapierre, if he improves next year like he did this year he may skip the AHL & go to the bigs.....I saw this team play last week and Lambert does have lots of skill but his shot is heavy, accurate and gets it off at full speed.

Old
03-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Rectificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
Thanx.......Dan Linn is right on about Lapierre, if he improves next year like he did this year he may skip the AHL & go to the bigs.....I saw this team play last week and Lambert does have lots of skill but his shot is heavy, accurate and gets it off at full speed.
From the games I saw, both Lambert and Lapierre looked like solid prospects having all what it takes to play in the NHL one day... Urquhart is very skilled, phenomenal hands but still very very raw!

I will have the chance to watch them again in the playoffs!

Old
03-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectificator
From the games I saw, both Lambert and Lapierre looked like solid prospects having all what it takes to play in the NHL one day... Urquhart is very skilled, phenomenal hands but still very very raw!

I will have the chance to watch them again in the playoffs!
It would be nice if you could do a little report of them after these games. I don't have the chance to see them play so...

Old
03-15-2004, 06:08 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Lambert ended up 10th overall in scoring and Uruqhart 15th overall for the entire Q. Lapierre, as the youngster in the crowd, ended up 10 points out of the top 20 in the Q. Not bad for a player who didn't get moved to the top line until later in the second half and who also isn't afraid to drop the gloves or mix it up.

You always like to see continuous improvement in your prospects, and Lambert and Lapierre exceeded that with "big" improvements in their game. Urquhart had a very strong and consistent season and Bonneau also showed some great improvement in his offensive abilities as well. If Urquhart adds a more physical dimension to his game and works a bit on his faceoffs, we will have a real good one in him too.

Good luck to them in their playoff run!!

Old
03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
SergeiKost99

those four prospects we have are really good....lambert,urquhart, and lapierre finished in the top 3 in scoring on the rockets team.....while jimmy bonneau is a fighter! he is like the darren langdon on our habs team with respect to fighting.He doesn't back down and will take anyone..... i live about 10 min away from the civic center so i go to as many rocket games as i can...i'll give u reports on the playoffs and how well the prospects and team does

Old
03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Habsaku

Again, three picks from Andre Savard .

Zednik, Bulis, Claude Julien, Komisarek, Lapierre, Urquhart, Lambert, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Kastitsyn, Korneev, Halak, Ferland, Milroy!

Not bad for three years of work.

Old
03-15-2004, 06:30 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
This sites doesn't work for me... Am I alone to be in this situation?

Edit: Ok I guess it was to busy , it works now..

Last edited by L'abstrait: 03-15-2004 at 06:33 PM.
Old
03-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Again, three picks from Andre Savard .

Zednik, Bulis, Claude Julien, Komisarek, Lapierre, Urquhart, Lambert, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Kastitsyn, Korneev, Halak, Ferland, Milroy!

Not bad for three years of work.
For Korneev and Milroy...who are they? I mean Korneev is a D ans Milroy is a Forward...I know but did somedy saw them play and say something constructive like...ESTI qu'il est bon! Jle prend dans mon pool après Lyle O'Delein.

Old
03-15-2004, 06:57 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
For Korneev and Milroy...who are they? I mean Korneev is a D ans Milroy is a Forward...I know but did somedy saw them play and say something constructive like...ESTI qu'il est bon! Jle prend dans mon pool après Lyle O'Delein.
Stick with Odie.

Old
03-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Stick with Odie.
Ok, merci.

Wow, t'es comme un McKeen's gratuit! Je te coeur.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:45 PM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
Season ticket holder for the PEI Rocket.

Urquhart did not have a consistent season at all. He has the most natural offensive skill of all 4 prospects but he is awful on faceoffs, weak backchecker and afraid of the boards.

Lapierre is by far the best NHL level prospect of the 4. He can do everything and plays a gritty all around style that endears him to his hometown fans and makes him hated by his opponents.

Lambert has a terrific shot and is exceptional stickhandler but he doesn't pass as often as he should (many attribute it to playing for a contract this year).

Bonneau improved the most from the start of the year but will never play a game for the Habs IMO. He didn't fight that much the 2nd half of the season and the few times he did tangle he got beat handily a couple times and actually turtled once.

Old
03-16-2004, 04:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
Season ticket holder for the PEI Rocket.

Urquhart did not have a consistent season at all. He has the most natural offensive skill of all 4 prospects but he is awful on faceoffs, weak backchecker and afraid of the boards.

Lapierre is by far the best NHL level prospect of the 4. He can do everything and plays a gritty all around style that endears him to his hometown fans and makes him hated by his opponents.

Lambert has a terrific shot and is exceptional stickhandler but he doesn't pass as often as he should (many attribute it to playing for a contract this year).

Bonneau improved the most from the start of the year but will never play a game for the Habs IMO. He didn't fight that much the 2nd half of the season and the few times he did tangle he got beat handily a couple times and actually turtled once.
I see Urquhart as the most skilled and Lapierre as the most effective player and most likely to play in the NHL.

Lambert I am not a big fan of, as last year he had a bad attitude from people I know that know him. But this season he seems to have reallly turned it around which may have a lot to do with Vigneault being there as I've read that Lapierre credits him for a lot of his progress from the start of last year to the end of the year when Vigneault came on board. I've spoken with Cory and he had very high praise for Vigneault as well.

As for Bonneau, imo he has nothing to gain from fighting, as he needs to majorly improve his hockey skills or he won't get a contract and it seems as though he is doing that. imo

Closed Thread