HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 2K9 for XBox

Old
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
NHL 2K9 for XBox

I recently got a PM from another poster at HF; this gentleman runs a sim league on NHL2K9 for XBox, and he seems to have his stuff very much together.

I told him I would allow him to "advertise" on our board for a Blues' GM for his league; he'll be posting his information shortly, and anyone who's interested can respond directly to him.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
DougKnowsBest

hey guys.. first i want to thank prussian blue for the opportunity to post on the forum like this

however there is a update since i spoke with him last night.

one of the other members in the league notified me this morning early that he found a guy to take over the blues... now i dont know this guy... he may not work out, most new guys dont.... so while the team is filled right now... i do track a wait list.. if you provide me with your contact info in that waitlist thread.... when another team, or the blues open up ill contact you... I always try to get hf'ers in before anyone else

Also.. we dont just run nhl2k leagues.... we have all sorts... including but not limited too; EA NHL 09, NCAA football, madden, NBA2k9, FIFA, NASCAR, etc etc

so check us out... and thanks for the opportunity to present our league here

__________________________________________________ ______

Hello Blues fans. Considering the thumping you just handed my team, i hope you realize the need i must have to come crawling here. I run a 30 man league for NHL2k9 for the XBOX360. I contacted Prussian_Blue to see if he knew any blues fans who played this game.. He did not but he said he did not have a problem with me making a thread looking for Blues fan. Ill find someone eventually, I just prefer placing fans of a team with the team they like.

bellow is a example of our media articles we produce. We take this pretty serious. We are all mostly older guys who enjoy playing simulation hockey games. We play 5 games every two weeks. We are early in this schedule so its a good time to get in.

for you convenience here are some helpful links if you are interested.

here is a link to our 2k page.. We have some other press articles, stats, standings, and highlights

here is a link to our website where we schedule our games and talk about the league.

here is the link to the thread where i would like you to leave me your contact info (email, Gamertag, etc)

It's still very early in the XLSL NHL season, but there are some interesting story lines developing in the league. In the East, the Hurricanes and Lightning are both undefeated and sitting atop the Southeast division, while the much improved Islanders and Canadians are off to good starts leading the Atlantic and Northeast divisions. Coach Ove8 and JerzyYankFan are determined to change the culture of losing in the two cities, and so far, seem to be on the right track. In the West, the Blackhawks have not missed a beat, coming off their post season run last season, while the Stars, unlike last season, are off to a very hot start. One of the bigger surprises of the season, however, has been the Red Wings slow start. Likewise, the Canucks, fresh from a Stanley Cup run last season, have been humbled at the start of a lengthy season with an underwhelming 2-3 record. Not to fret Canuck nation, it seems that Coach Nutz420 may have righted the ship by ending the block schedule on a two game winning streak.

As a result of the limited number games played, the action on the ice this season has taken a back seat to controversial news and notes from around the league. Most controversial was the suspension of Carolina Hurricanes coach Turu Mudyvane. During the last block preview, I documented the legend of Coach TuruMudyane in describing his utter destruction of league competition during XLSL Season 6, before being brought to his knees by coach ShogunofHarlem in the Western Conference playoffs. As a result of that stunning playoff loss, it became apparent that an angry Coach TuruMudvayne decided to double down on his unforgiving and relentless scoring prowess that resulted in blowout wins of epic proportions. Epic proportions you ask? Blowout games of 10-0, 9-0, 10-4, and 4-0 drew outrage from far too many fellow coaches for the Commissioner not to act. And act he did, as Commissioner Stoneyone levied a 1 month suspension on the talented Spanish owner pending a further evaluation his gameplay style and tactics. Yet again, a loss for one coach is a gain for another here at XLSL, as the Hurricanes welcomed new coach MajorHurricane2, no pun intended. Will the change at the helm of the franchise expose their mediocre talent that belies their 5-0 record? Or will their dream season continue? We will all bear witness in due time.

Other news and notes from around the league that have overshadowed the action on the ice this season is the abundance of wheeling and dealing, albeit amongst a minority of owners, while the trade deadline seems to be an eternity away. The aforementioned slow starts by Redwings and Canucks symbolize the different trading philosophies and strategies used here at XLSL. On the one hand, Coach WarriorHockey and his Red Wings have decided to push the panic button, resulting in block buster trades with Coach Callager and the Phoenix Coyotes, which resulted in the exchange of net minders Chris Osgood and Ilya Bryzgalov, as well as Stars Holmstrom and Samuelsson for the Veteran defenseman Jokinen and scorer Shane Doan. Coach Nutz420 and the canucks, in spite of a slow start are staying pat, choosing instead to get more games under their belt before pulling the trigger on a deal that will forge a path to the playoffs. After all, the season is still very much in its infancy with 35 games left to play.

That is not to say that all trades are impetuous and knee-jerk. Perhaps flying under the radar with the most intriguing and impactful trades are Central division rival coaches ****z2ez and Stoneyone. The Blackhawks, in spite of their inherent advantage of having two quality goalies given the enforcement of the XLSL “Backup Goalie Rule,” shipped goalie Nikoloai Khabibulin to the Oilers in exchange for more Offensive depth with the acquisition of Erik Cole and Rolosson. Not to be outdone, Coach Stoneyone and the Columbus Blue Jackets decided to beef up their offensive unit in a blockbuster trade with coach Simon 316 and the Ottawa Senators. In a case of the virtual pond here at XLSL mimicking the real life NHL pond, the Blue Jackets acquired talented forward Antoine Vermette. Vermette will be positioned on the first line between Rick Nash and Kristian Huselius as Columbus makes its push toward the playoffs in what will be a very competitive division. When asked to describe the impact of the trade, Blue Jackets Coach Stoneyone was quoted as saying "Vermette is a player who can play significant minutes for us. He is a guy who can play on both ends of the special teams. We think he is a good fit short and long term. He is a good, competitive player." This promises to be a looming battle for the Central division this season between the Hawks and Blue Jackets, so stay tuned folks.

Finally, yet another issue that has threatened to over shadow league play centers on the most debated topic in Hockey, that is, the frequency of fights and its impact in the game. The complaint of too much fighting in NHL 2K9 was addressed with the tuning of league sliders to lower their frequency. I know; I can it see it now; noted Canadian Hockey purist and provocateur Don Cherry is calling the XLSL coaches who complained a bunch of ******s, and rightfully so. He argues vehemently that fighting protects talented players from cheap shots. It serves as a release valve for emotions. The fans love it, and so on. Rumors abound that some Dallas Stars players urged coach amedawg00 not to sign the biggest agitator and noted fighter Sean Avery in the offseason, but he went ahead and brought in the free agent anyway. Players are entitled to opinions ... and you know what they say about opinions. So far Avery has brought a sense of toughness to the undefeated stars who are leading the league in fewest goals allowed at 1.6 precisely because Avery will fight and fight often in spite of the commissioner’s crack down on fighting. And if Avery is suspended, at least he will still have that Vogue magazine career to fall back on. As always, you can leave your comments and thoughts about the news and notes of the league that I fail to mention. Until the next block, puckheads!

CURRENT STANDINGS

If you are interested in joining please register on our website and provide your contact info here

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
DougKnowsBest

just an update... the guy i sent an invite too for the blues has yet to get going..

if someone wants to give this team a good home id be happy to hook it up

Old
04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Axe08

sorry i only play nhl09.
But these are really cool

Axe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe08 View Post
sorry i only play nhl09.
But these are really cool
we have a EA league also.. I just dont run that one.

if you want to get set up there id be happy to give you a referral to the guy who runs that

hell... here is the link to our EA leagues league daddy page

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=2676

this is the real deal folks... well, not really real... but you know what i mean