HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
  #151
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 81,433
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
I've been off the Landon Ferraro bandwagon for a while now.

He has Gilbert Brule written all over him.

I just don't see him doing much at the NHL level.

ECL is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
  #152
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I've been off the Landon Ferraro bandwagon for a while now.

He has Gilbert Brule written all over him.

I just don't see him doing much at the NHL level.
Glennie, Glennie, Glennie. Kassian as a backup.

(Unless of course Duchene somehow slips to us.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
  #153
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Kane and Schenn please!!!

And yes I mean AND, I want both.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
  #154
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Glennie, Glennie, Glennie. Kassian as a backup.

(Unless of course Duchene somehow slips to us.)
I would be happy with both of those players as well. Hopefully Sather can find some size and talent mixed into one player in the first round.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
  #155
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Glennie, Glennie, Glennie. Kassian as a backup.

(Unless of course Duchene somehow slips to us.)
Couldn't agree more.

Glennie is going to be a good one. Call it a gut instinct. He'll end up being one of the top 5 best players to come out of this draft.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
  #156
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Jeez, I went and looked at some of the players who are available in this draft and it is rediculous.

My order would be this in order of preference to be on the Rangers:
Duchene
Kane
Schenn
Glennie
Schroeder
Kassian

Obviously Duchene wont be there at where the Rangers pick but I would be extatic if they could find a way to get any of the following players. Looking at that list makes me really want Sather to try and find a way to somehow grab another pick in the 1st round somehow.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
  #157
Salvage21
Registered User
 
Salvage21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
My realistic top three for our draft position are:
1) Glennie
2) Holland
3) Kassian

Salvage21 is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
  #158
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
My realistic top three for our draft position are:
1) Glennie
2) Holland
3) Kassian
I honestly think Shroeder may last until about 15 because of his size and the fact that there are much larger players in this draft with skill. He would be a great addition to this organization.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM
  #159
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
I have a feeling if any of the guys in this draft bust, it will be Kane.

Of realistic targets (as in we're not getting Duchene), Schroeder and Kassian are the two I am most interested in, but Holland, Glennie, Ferraro are all interesting,

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
  #160
Salvage21
Registered User
 
Salvage21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I honestly think Shroeder may last until about 15 because of his size and the fact that there are much larger players in this draft with skill. He would be a great addition to this organization.
I realize that you should always draft the best player available, but seeing as this organization desperately needs a top line sniper prospect, I'd tend to shy away from Schroeder- who is more of a play maker. I have to admit that I question his size like everyone else. I think that Derek Stepan fills the organizational need for a smart playmaker- though he may not be as creative with the puck, I'm still very excited to see how he responds to even more responsibility with the badgers.

Salvage21 is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 08:16 PM
  #161
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Glennie, Glennie, Glennie. Kassian as a backup.

(Unless of course Duchene somehow slips to us.)
Glennie is a perfect fit for the Rangers. I also like both Morin and Kreider.

jas is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
  #162
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I think that Derek Stepan fills the organizational need for a smart playmaker- though he may not be as creative with the puck, I'm still very excited to see how he responds to even more responsibility with the badgers.
Me too, and Hagelin as well. Palushaj signed with STL, so Hagelin will have to step up next year.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
  #163
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,558
vCash: 500
Still going with the BPA mentality. You can never have too much of a good thing.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 08:30 PM
  #164
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I realize that you should always draft the best player available, but seeing as this organization desperately needs a top line sniper prospect, I'd tend to shy away from Schroeder- who is more of a play maker. I have to admit that I question his size like everyone else. I think that Derek Stepan fills the organizational need for a smart playmaker- though he may not be as creative with the puck, I'm still very excited to see how he responds to even more responsibility with the badgers.
From everything I have read(and I can honestly say I havent seen him play) is that he reminds a lot of people of Zach Parise. Although Schenn is eing compared to a bigger version of Mike Richards. Schenn will be goe in the top-10 but he would be my pick if available.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
  #165
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Glennie, Glennie, Glennie. Kassian as a backup.

(Unless of course Duchene somehow slips to us.)
Glennie will got top-15, Duchene top-4. Kassian could happen.

Realistically I really want Glennie/Schroeder (we'd have to trade up 5-10 spots) or Morin/Kreider/Kassian at our pick if they're there.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
  #166
Cherepanisimov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I've been off the Landon Ferraro bandwagon for a while now.

He has Gilbert Brule written all over him.

I just don't see him doing much at the NHL level.
I disagree. Brule was more of a boom or bust prospect, but I think Ferraro would be a very safe pick. Not too much potential, but in all likelyhood he will reach it. I think at best he would be a half-decent 2nd line center, but I don't think he ends up as anything less than a great 3rd line checker. I wouldn't take him with the Rangers pick, but I see him being chosen by a team with more than one first rounder, looking for a safe pick. He will never put up great numbers, but will be very valuable to whatever team picks him in a few years.

Cherepanisimov is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
  #167
Cherepanisimov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Time to start an official draft thread?

Cherepanisimov is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
  #168
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Glennie will got top-15, Duchene top-4. Kassian could happen.

Realistically I really want Glennie/Schroeder (we'd have to trade up 5-10 spots) or Morin/Kreider/Kassian at our pick if they're there.
I want natural goal scorers. Leaving Taveras aside, Glennie and Morin are the two players I see being mentioned as having natural goal-scoring ability. And, Glennie's speed and skating are considered top notch.

jas is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
  #169
Deathstroke
Registered User
 
Deathstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
My realistic top three for our draft position are:
1) Glennie
2) Holland
3) Kassian

Id like to find a way to draft two players in this group. I wonder if we could find a way to move into the top 15 in this draft if we get creative and move our first for 2010 in some sort of package.

Deathstroke is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
  #170
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
I disagree. Brule was more of a boom or bust prospect, but I think Ferraro would be a very safe pick. Not too much potential, but in all likelyhood he will reach it. I think at best he would be a half-decent 2nd line center, but I don't think he ends up as anything less than a great 3rd line checker. I wouldn't take him with the Rangers pick, but I see him being chosen by a team with more than one first rounder, looking for a safe pick. He will never put up great numbers, but will be very valuable to whatever team picks him in a few years.
While normally I would say that would be a pretty good pick, with the amount of talent in the 1st round this year I would rather go for someone with a bit higher upside. With players like Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Weise, Dupont, Byers, etc. the Rangers have plenty of depth for the checking role. They need 1st and 2nd line wingers.

Schenn
Kane
Schroeder
Kassian

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 10:26 PM
  #171
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Id like to find a way to draft two players in this group. I wonder if we could find a way to move into the top 15 in this draft if we get creative and move our first for 2010 in some sort of package.
unless the Rangers can get either Schenn or Duchene I would be hesitant to move the 2010 1st because one player will not solve everything for this organization.

I am still holding out hope that Sather can bundle some other picks to move up into the 1st round to grab another player. Such as moving rozsival for a 2nd and trading the 2 2nds and their 3rd for another 1st, or something along those lines.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-08-2009, 10:36 PM
  #172
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Defense can be taught. Offensive instincts, on the other hand, can't.
he has been very good in his own end this year.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 07:33 AM
  #173
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I am still holding out hope that Sather can bundle some other picks to move up into the 1st round to grab another player. Such as moving rozsival for a 2nd and trading the 2 2nds and their 3rd for another 1st, or something along those lines.
Just a thought, but do you think that given the nature of how we acquired the 2nd round pick we still have this year, it might be a little "unclassy" to trade it? I personally can't understand why anyone would question the Rangers motives in asking for that pick, but judging by the backlash we saw for that action alone, I would imagine that the HF Rangers hate parade would kick into full gear if they traded the pick.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
04-09-2009, 08:01 AM
  #174
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,835
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Just a thought, but do you think that given the nature of how we acquired the 2nd round pick we still have this year, it might be a little "unclassy" to trade it? I personally can't understand why anyone would question the Rangers motives in asking for that pick, but judging by the backlash we saw for that action alone, I would imagine that the HF Rangers hate parade would kick into full gear if they traded the pick.
That's fine, we're in a world all our own here at HF.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
  #175
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,158
vCash: 500
I'm liking this Glennie kid. Tough and can play the game. Fave team is Pittsburgh, but his fave cereal is honeycombs so he's okay in my book

I also like Kassian, Holland, & Kreider among the forwards where we'll b picking.

Kreider info:

http://www.eagletribune.com/archives...093000529.html

Quote:
Has already spoken to six NHL teams, including New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.