HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Carter

I think that he has had plenty of sleep by now don't you think? He is flat out the worst player on the ice bar none. The 2 shots he had on goal tonight must have been real beauties since the only time you noticed him was when he would pass to nobody or try that sneaky skate pass the puck along the boards so the other team can get it trick. Some have called my comments and observations on Carter ignorant. Am I that far off that I'm ignorant or even wrong in my discription of his play? I said he goes unnoticed for games at a time, he is a perimeter player, he is a marginal player at best( I than changed it to OK player), nad we paid too high a price for a mere shadow of a 60 point player. Andy sat the wrong player down tonight in Straka imo. I have no clue as to why Andy and management have this love affair with Modry, Ebel, Corvo and now Carter. They are absolutly loved by our coaches and yet Fro and now Straka are made scap goats for those baffoons. Are coaching staff needs to take the hard look in the mirror to make sure they are doing the right thing by playing these guys shift after shift. Kings talk mention the let down of Stumple since Barney has been off the line with Fro Wouldn't you think it would be a good idea to put that line together again???No, let's put Carter on that line????Carter has played So well, let's put him on wing with Fro and Stumple and make that line completely useless...But what do I know? What I say is Ignorant.

Old
03-17-2004, 02:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Nope you are right on. This is exactly the same thing I was saying when people were so hot to aquire him.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:44 PM
kingbrath

Carter is awful

Old
03-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
He was a bit better last night, but I still expect more. Last night, he was involved in the offense, had some good second effort and went to the net regularly. He would have had a couple of shots on a wide open net, but the passes were way too hot.

Defensively, he was not so good. He was a step slow on the back check and also slow to get off the ice for line changes. Nothing noticeable, good or bad, in the defensive zone.

He did throw his weight around a little last night, in a Jozef Stumpel sort of way.

Old
03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo
He was a bit better last night, but I still expect more. Last night, he was involved in the offense, had some good second effort and went to the net regularly. He would have had a couple of shots on a wide open net, but the passes were way too hot.

Defensively, he was not so good. He was a step slow on the back check and also slow to get off the ice for line changes. Nothing noticeable, good or bad, in the defensive zone.

He did throw his weight around a little last night, in a Jozef Stumpel sort of way.
yes, last night was an improvement over the first two games, but i still think that he would be most effective with either laperriere or avery. he had a lot more spring in his step when he was in that kind of energy role. the argument could be made that he wasn't aquired for that purpose, that he's meant to be an offensive weapon, but, as we've seen throughout the season and especially the second half, laperriere and avery are absolutely capable of contributing offensively. there is no reason why carter couldn't score just as much from the third or even the fourth line.

and as for barney, i think it goes without saying that he deserves to be on the top line. he is an outstanding player, bottom line.

Old
03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
and as for barney, i think it goes without saying that he deserves to be on the top line. he is an outstanding player, bottom line.

They also need some size on the Stumpel and Frolov line since Stumpel plays like he's 5'1

Old
03-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Venom_17

You are right so far, I was ignorant and wrong. Definitely right, Carter has sucked big time. I wonder what his deal is anyways.

Old
03-17-2004, 03:31 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I think that he has had plenty of sleep by now don't you think? He is flat out the worst player on the ice bar none. The 2 shots he had on goal tonight must have been real beauties since the only time you noticed him was when he would pass to nobody or try that sneaky skate pass the puck along the boards so the other team can get it trick. Some have called my comments and observations on Carter ignorant. Am I that far off that I'm ignorant or even wrong in my discription of his play? I said he goes unnoticed for games at a time, he is a perimeter player, he is a marginal player at best( I than changed it to OK player), nad we paid too high a price for a mere shadow of a 60 point player. Andy sat the wrong player down tonight in Straka imo. I have no clue as to why Andy and management have this love affair with Modry, Ebel, Corvo and now Carter. They are absolutly loved by our coaches and yet Fro and now Straka are made scap goats for those baffoons. Are coaching staff needs to take the hard look in the mirror to make sure they are doing the right thing by playing these guys shift after shift. Kings talk mention the let down of Stumple since Barney has been off the line with Fro Wouldn't you think it would be a good idea to put that line together again???No, let's put Carter on that line????Carter has played So well, let's put him on wing with Fro and Stumple and make that line completely useless...But what do I know? What I say is Ignorant.

I agree with all your comments, although I don't know if we have given Carter a good enough look. I'm not siding with the guy, and I think we gave up to much for him. But if he can bag us 30 goals next year (if he's here, or the NHL) than I think we'll forget what we gave up for him. My problem is AM. I think it was mistake to sit Straka also. I mean WTF? What has he done that's become so detrimental to this team. It's the constant line tinkering that's doing it. Certain guys on this team are coddled just like you said, and i've been saying that the last two/three years.
I went to the game last night, and after every home game I listen to callers and the post game show on 710. I mean there has not been one time when I haven't heard somebody ripping on Modry, why don't we sit that ***** every now and then! Nick Nickson's comment "we need all of our vetrans in the line-up". So what's his point if a player like Scott Barney is in the line-up then?

Aaron Miller is another joke in my eyes, and hasn't made one single play that's decent since his return. I think he's a complete waste of 4 million dollars, and i'd rather see Gleason or Holland.

As for offense, I think Stumpel and Belanger haven't done squat for their linemates, and that's why their opposites just look like whatever? I'd rather see hungry players like Barney and Cammy in the line-up than players that are going through the motions.

My lines:

Robitaille - Armstrong - Cammy
Frolov - Straka - Klatt
Barney - Stumpel/Pirnes/Belanger - Carter
Cowan - Avery - Lappy

Or just let whatever lines he chooses stay together for more than one game!

Old
03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Fat Elvis

I'm glad you guys see my point, I was starting to think I was on an island of bitterness by myself. Some of you have better said what I wanted to, thanks.
Even last night at the game I was disappointed in Carter. He's not that big body DT proclaimed he is and if he had kept his stick ON THE ICE like all the kids in peewee are taught, he would have had a deflection or 2 on net. I agree that Nixon on 710 always seems to stick up for Modry and says "he is just not a physical dman but does everything else good". I beg to differ Nick, I think most of us are upset with Modry because he continueously makes mistakes with and without the puck that even Gleason at 21 doesn't make. I say sit Modry and Ebel, put Barney back on the 1st line, put Straka back out there with Cammy and Pirnes as a speed line, and put my man Carter with Lappy and Avery and if he still is invisible sit his butt down. Nixon is wrong in saying that we need all the veterans playing because they've "been there". Why not put our best players on the ice no matter they're tenure? Brain washed company men piss me off. A spade is a spade!

Old
03-17-2004, 05:54 PM
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Or just let whatever lines he chooses stay together for more than one game!
but then, we all know that that is NOT AM's modus operandi...

(btw, I think AM is doing a fine job with what he had this year, but the constant switching of lines is, at times, frustrating)

Old
03-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Mindcircus

Hasn't Pirnes been a pleasant surprise? Sorry i'm off topic here but i'll let you guys handle the Carter situation. I didn't have any expectations when he came here cause i've never really analyzed his game. As of right now, his situation is reminding me a lot of Cliff Ronning when he came over last year. Good player that just never found his game when he got here. We've still got 10 games left though so we'll see how Carter's game progresses.

Old
03-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
Hasn't Pirnes been a pleasant surprise? Sorry i'm off topic here but i'll let you guys handle the Carter situation. I didn't have any expectations when he came here cause i've never really analyzed his game. As of right now, his situation is reminding me a lot of Cliff Ronning when he came over last year. Good player that just never found his game when he got here. We've still got 10 games left though so we'll see how Carter's game progresses.
I like Pirnes, and think that we'll see more offense from him in time.

Old
03-17-2004, 09:06 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
I think it takes a little bit longer for some players to get settled in. It took Schneider forever to get going w/ the Red Wings, and now Wings fans love the Matt S. trade. When we acquired Allison it took him about a month to get goin. Give him some time.

Old
03-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Frolov

I'm gonna say what I've been saying for a year now...Anson Carter is the most overrated player in the league. He has average speed...average passing...average instincts...he's a softer version of Tent Klatt with much less heart. I rolled my eyes when we traded for him. It was a bad deal now and it's gonna be a worst deal in the future. Hell, I'd rather see Jared Aulin working his butt off right now on the 4th line. He'd be more effective then Anson Carter. Also I still think Cowan was a bigger aquisition for us.

Old
03-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Amen to that Frolov

Old
03-17-2004, 10:08 PM
maximil

I'm an optomist but I have to agree, He has not looked sharp so far. In the games I've watched he has not shown the ability to beat players one on one, isn't physically punishing, and oftentimes throws the puck away in the offensive zone when he is put under any type of pressure. I wonder what happened to the Anson Carter who played for Edmonton and Boston?

Closed Thread