HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price is sick; Denis called up

Old
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
Higgins and Price have been kissing?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Kikizaz

Damn, was looking forward to another Price start. Oh well, In Jaroslav I trust.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:58 PM
sukimono

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Higgins and Price has been kissing?
lmao. ...not again!

Gee, aren't players on this team getting flu vaccines or something.

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
what are you talking about, halak had a chance to be the starter for the rest of the year but he blew it with stinkers against New Jersey and Toronto, meanwhile with Price in net he has taken 13 points out of 16 in his last few starts meanwhile Halak is 0 for 6. You're Price hate is ridiculous, most of us would prefer the team to win, but it seems you just want Halak to be the guy regardless.
Not to poke sticks in eyes, or whatever, but your refusal to even acknowledge the point made about the San Jose, Vancouver and Colorado games makes you look as much of a Price fanboy as he looks like a Price hater. And yes, most of us would still prefer the team to win regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Damn, was looking forward to another Price start. Oh well, In Jaroslav I trust.
This exactly.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-02-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:08 PM
TCIH

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm extremely confident in Halak (and Price now).. but the question is, if Halak comes out and steals two games while Price is sick.. what happens?
...We jump for joy that we have a backup that can step up in a pinch.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCIH View Post
...We jump for joy that we have a backup that can step up in a pinch.
That's the only thing that bugs me.. Halak has had a very similiar, if not slightly better (win% wise) NHL career.. and I just don't get why Price is so far ahead him.. Halak doesn't seem to have the baggage Price comes with.. but are extremely talented and extremely young goalies.. but not giving Halak a fair shake at the stick is a problem, IMO.. because when he finally leaves.. we may regret giving up the better goalie.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
That's the only thing that bugs me.. Halak has had a very similiar, if not slightly better (win% wise) NHL career.. and I just don't get why Price is so far ahead him.. Halak doesn't seem to have the baggage Price comes with.. but are extremely talented and extremely young goalies.. but not giving Halak a fair shake at the stick is a problem, IMO.. because when he finally leaves.. we may regret giving up the better goalie.
Jesus Christ Natey, let it go...

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Not to poke sticks in eyes, or whatever, but your refusal to even acknowledge the point made about the San Jose, Vancouver and Colorado games makes you look as much of a Price fanboy as he looks like a Price hater. And yes, most of us would still prefer the team to win regardless.
Its not even about love or hate, im just tired of seeing the same things happens to the same guy over and over and over

Everyone here knows that Price will get his net back once he gets back because he was drafted 5th overall and that Bob really like the kid and believes in him, no way Halak will get a single start comes playoffs time

Dont get me wrong here Price won me back in his last couple starts, played great against Chicago a 4th seed team in the west i was actually believing in him

But im not blind like you Price lovers with only one way to think, and if Price is not in the net you cry or something.

Im just trying to be as objective as i can, Price although i dont think he has the mental strenght to keep up like that in a city like Montreal is a young goalie full of potential that needs to find a good balance between his original style and the stuff Melancon is trying to teach him. Price can be awesome when he stays up and dont fall on his knees everytime a shot is coming at him.

Just like Halak made GREAT improvement on his rebound over the season which was (last couple seasons) by far his worst weakness.

Call me whatever but as of right now i believe with whatever goalie we have in net, i just think its unfair to Halak because no matter how great he's gonna play tonight or possibly Saturday you guys will say it was against 2 -500 teams and that it doesent count

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Its not even about love or hate, im just tired of seeing the same things happens to the same guy over and over and over

Everyone here knows that Price will get his net back once he gets back because he was drafted 5th overall and that Bob really like the kid and believes in him, no way Halak will get a single start comes playoffs time

Dont get me wrong here Price won me back in his last couple starts, played great against Chicago a 4th seed team in the west i was actually believing in him

But im not blind like you Price lovers with only one way to think, and if Price is not in the net you cry or something.

Im just trying to be as objective as i can, Price although i dont think he has the mental strenght to keep up like that in a city like Montreal is a young goalie full of potential that needs to find a good balance between his original style and the stuff Melancon is trying to teach him. Price can be awesome when he stays up and dont fall on his knees everytime a shot is coming at him.

Just like Halak made GREAT improvement on his rebound over the season which was (last couple seasons) by far his worst weakness.

Call me whatever but as of right now i believe with whatever goalie we have in net, i just think its unfair to Halak because no matter how great he's gonna play tonight or possibly Saturday you guys will say it was against 2 -500 teams and that it doesent count
Gonna call you on this one. I'm far from a "Price-lover" (aside from using a provocative avatar/sig in the past to make a point). For the record, I am a Hasek over Brodeur guy, in that I don't go for the guy who is "better", but rather the guy who keeps the puck out of the net the most often... meaning I was in Halak's corner the whole time he was hot, and even once Carey was back healthy and ready to play.

Change it to "those" Price lovers, and we're cool.

Old
04-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Markovskaya

Can they PLEASE send a janitor to wash the damn flu out of that looker room ?!?!?!

Last edited by Markovskaya: 04-02-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
Can they PLEASE send a genitor to wash the damn flu out of that looker room ?!?!?!
A Janitor my friend. And yes, they should send one...

Old
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
Can they PLEASE send a genitor to wash the damn flu out of that looker room ?!?!?!
Yeah. Make it a progenitor.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Hey, anyone's mother or father could probably get the job done just as well...

Old
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
FrankMTL

I also heard that Price farted on everybody's pillows during the last road trip causing a massive case of pink eye... Damn that Carey Price.

Old
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yeah. Make it a progenitor.
Haha, like a ghost of past Forum/present Bell Centre janitors?

Old
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Gonna call you on this one. I'm far from a "Price-lover" (aside from using a provocative avatar/sig in the past to make a point). For the record, I am a Hasek over Brodeur guy, in that I don't go for the guy who is "better", but rather the guy who keeps the puck out of the net the most often... meaning I was in Halak's corner the whole time he was hot, and even once Carey was back healthy and ready to play.

Change it to "those" Price lovers, and we're cool.
Wanted to quote the guy that you quoted, the Price lover

Old
04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
God help us if this ****ing flu messes up Prices regained confidence again. It shouldn't, but with him, you never know.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post

haha somehow I knew I had the spelling all wrong

Thx

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
ludger

Quote:
Price was injured, Halak stepped in and stole points for us against San Jose, Vancouver, Colorado

Halak got the flu, Price stepped in, nothing extroardinary

Halak comes back and is forced to sit it out

Price gets the Flu, Halak will step in, save our ass AGAIN but when Price will come back of course Price will get his net back handed to him on a silver plater

im so ****ing done with this crap i wish Halak will get a big paycheck somewhere else he doesent need the Habs to slow his development
Go cheer for Halak and whatever team he ends up with, and please leave this habs board to real fans

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger View Post
Go cheer for Halak and whatever team he ends up with, and please leave this habs board to real fans
One could only wish.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
BeBen*

Right, i forgot.

If you're not a bandwagonner here you're not a real fan

For christ sake try to be objective once in your life?

Old
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
ludger

Quote:
Right, i forgot.

If you're not a bandwagonner here you're not a real fan

For christ sake try to be objective once in your life?
Hoping Halak does not repeat the same performance as that of his last two games, handing the game in the first five minutes with bad goals in his last two games, devils and leafs

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:18 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
I hope they give him time to rest and don't rush him back. His confidence is a fragile thing, he has never faced so much adversity in his career than this year. This is a factor some people tend to forget, he will grow a much better and solid player if he can go trough it. I'm 21 too, the pressure on him must be insane. I don't think many here could go threw this, in Montreal of all places, and not go mad or insane. Its much worse for goaltenders, a 21 year old forward rarely has the success of his team on his shoulders. A bad game by the 21 year old goaltender and his team (with a payroll of 56m$ and probably over 10 million fans around the globe) can miss the playoffs. Some say Carey is weak mentally, I disagree completely. As of now he is strong to even be in the NHL at that age, he will be even stronger once he finally gets through that slump completely. This season can destroy him or make him the savior we have been waiting for. Jesus died before resurrecting, so will Jesus Price

So humm yeah... that flu couldn't happen at a worse time, damnit! One more test for Carey it seems.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
That's not a 2$ hoe!!!

She'd have to pay ME... something like a gizzillion buckeroos just so she could see me naked.

Thanks for the pic, now I'm gonna have nightmares

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Turboflex*

I never get the flu cuz I don't wash my hands ever, it's great for my immune system

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote