HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Why Was Nieuwendyk NOT Suspended?

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 04:36 AM
rye&ginger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGuy2325
I'm sorry...a fracture is a BREAK...they're both the same, when will most of the Nux fans see this?

And I don't think that Moore will be skating by the playoffs, I think he's done for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

I dont think that was the point, except that 'broken neck' or 'broken vertebrae' is much too vague to describe a neck injury.

Its like calling a concussion a headache, the total picture isnt given. Moore could very well be healthy soon. Only the concussion will determine that as the bone injuries are minor.

I thought Joe's actions deserved a suspension. And yes, the NHL now so heavily basing suspensions on injury severity is completely stupid. The actions should be the major factor but it doesnt seem its like that. Why weren't the Sens and the Flyers fined for not controlling their players in the brawl fest game? Hypocrisy.

Old
03-17-2004, 05:40 AM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood17
The anti-Leaf sentiment on this board is truly disgusting.

Every single thread, no matter what it is about, seems to turn into a Leaf-bashing orgy. Then we have threads like this that are actually about legitimate topics, only to have conspiracy theories thrown in so that the thread can become a parade of Leaf-bashes.

It would be so much easier if we just stickied an official Leaf-bashing thread and let everyone join the orgy in there, so that people who actually want to read something other than that crap can read other threads. Much in the same way the mods made the all-inclusive Bertuzzi thread, we should have one for Leaf-bashing. It seems to be a favourite past-time on here.

All the disparaging remarks that are made about the Toronto Maple Leafs in these forums are offset by the incessant whining of leafs fans about that stupid little catch phrase they made up. What was it again? Oh yeah… anti-leaf bias.

Don't try to make it out to be like you guys are the only ones suffering here. If your a leafs fan then you have to put up with the leaf trashing which apparently occurs in "every single thread" here. If you're not a leafs fan then you have to put up with the constant whining and crying of leafs fans about the anti-leaf bias up until the point that reading the words "anti-leaf bias" occurs so often during your time on the board that it causes you to want to beat the ****ing **** out of somebody. Either way you're ****ed.

Old
03-17-2004, 06:12 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Doesn't seem like a serious injury to Drury. Don't kid yourself, the seriousness does determine the punishment .

Then you do know Drury is out a minimum of 7 days and he is likely done for the year.Nieuwendyk did enough to drive Drury down.He didn't need to bash his head again.And no one is biased against Toronto,just when your players is a ***** and had to attack a guy when he was on top of him,and also when one of your so called tough guys only has the balls to cross check the smallest guy on the ice...that really shows class.

Old
03-17-2004, 06:59 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Another game, another 'this was just like what Bertuzzi did!' thread.

Old
03-17-2004, 08:01 AM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Man this incessant whining and overeaction to every single hit "I don't like" is really getting tiring.

Gorw up, play the game, and stop looking for the league or refs to make the world all nice and perfect for your players or teams.
You should look to the league to punish players who are making illegal plays. If you didnt Colin Campbell might as well not have a job.

As a Sabres fan I dont find it whining when youre #1 defenseman gets hammered from behind, Drake doesnt get kicked out of the game and Zhitnik is now out for the season...It's not whining when the Dyke hits youre captains head off the ice and doesnt get punished when Drury is out for the season.

Now we have to try to make the playoffs with two key players gone and nothing done about it.

I find it ridiculous that the league feels Bertuzzi should get the rest of the year becuase Moore broke something and then a player gets concussed and could possibly have lingering effects from it the rest of his career and nothing done about it

Sorry Doesnt make sense to me...but thats just my opinion

Old
03-17-2004, 08:03 AM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime
You should look to the league to punish players who are making illegal plays. If you didnt Colin Campbell might as well not have a job.

As a Sabres fan I dont find it whining when youre #1 defenseman gets hammered from behind, Drake doesnt get kicked out of the game and Zhitnik is now out for the season...It's not whining when the Dyke hits youre captains head off the ice and doesnt get punished when Drury is out for the season.

Now we have to try to make the playoffs with two key players gone and nothing done about it.

I find it ridiculous that the league feels Bertuzzi should get the rest of the year becuase Moore broke something and then a player gets concussed and could possibly have lingering effects from it the rest of his career and nothing done about it

Sorry Doesnt make sense to me...but thats just my opinion
The difference is provocation, really. Bertuzzi was clearly out to get Moore and attacked him to prove a point. A hit like Berehowsky's was borderline but certainly not deliberate or intent to injure. Again, these hits happen all the time, it's only when they result in injury that people are up in arms.

Old
03-17-2004, 08:17 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Yep. Another reason why the NHL is a complete waste of time.
...says the guy with over 2800 posts.

Old
03-17-2004, 10:26 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Funny.. how come no one mentioned the high stick on "The Drake" in that same game? Truth be told, It must have been hard for the refs to distinguish between all the diving by the Sabres in that game from the real offences.

Old
03-17-2004, 01:38 PM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
Not Leaf bashing or whining here.. I can't stand Buffalo nor can I stand Toronto. Nieuwendyk is not a dirty player but that was definitely worthy of a suspension, especially in the light of what happened to moore, it's an obvious show of disrespect to a player to drive his unprotected skull into the ice as Joe did.

If it were the other way around there is no doubt in my mind we'd have seen the replay 1000 times and listened to pat Quinn whine to the media nonstop about it and Drury would be suspended. There is a bias that is wrong and needs to be corrected for the league to be taken seriously.

Old
03-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
...says the guy with over 2800 posts.
I'm loyal.

Old
03-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Do you think the law is a complete waste of time?
Yes, well depending on your interest. But don't get me started on that.

Closed Thread