HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

OK, The Habs Have To Be legit cup contenders now

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 09:56 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster
Why you start a thread like this ? is it because you aren't so sure , so you need someone assure you ?
leave him alone, he's just happy.
i dont like these threads too trust me.

Old
03-16-2004, 09:56 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I'm not saying the Bruins aren't legit contenders am I?
The post I replied to was in response to your post where you're trying to state the Canadians' better chances than Boston's for post season success thanks to the players on the team who have advanced in the post season. It seemed to me that you were implying that the Canadians were better contenders than the B's thanks to their better playoff experience, which is wrong.

Last edited by VeddarRants: 03-16-2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old
03-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Well, it's not like the other teams never been to the playoffs...

Thornton, Murray, Knuble, Samsonov, Nylander, Green, Rolston, Axelsson, Donato,
Lapointe, Zamuner, O'Donnell, Gill, Boynton, McGillis, Gonchar, Slegr (I could miss somebody) all have been on the teams that won series .

Most important..B's finally learned to win close series. They hadn't lost a game were they were winning(tied) going into the third.

B's are playing playoff kind of games for the last couple of month. 1-0, 1-1, 3-2...

BUT UNLESS THEY ARE IN THE FINALS I DON'T THINK THEY ARE CONTENDERS!
Not to turn this into a Habs v Bruins discussion, but Thornton, Samsonov, Gill, and Axelsson have won one playoff series. Boyton and Zaumner have never won an NHL playoff series. The Bruins are far from playoff tested.

Old
03-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Why you start a thread like this ? is it because you aren't so sure , so you need someone assure you ?
Normally I'd call you a jealous B's fan, but you don't really have anything to be jealous of because as of now, your team is ahead in the standings, and poised for an extended playoff run of their own, but I will say you are a bitter B's fan, because no matter how good your team is, the habs doing good just upsets your breed:p

Old
03-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Not to turn this into a Habs v Bruins discussion, but Thornton, Samsonov, Gill, and Axelsson have won one playoff series. Boyton and Zaumner have never won an NHL playoff series. The Bruins are far from playoff tested.
I never said that. You must have taken that the wrong way. I was just trying to say that the habs have no reason to fear inexperience. There's nothing wrong with the B's, they are a good team who made some nice additions at the deadline, and knocked off a pretty good Toronto team tonight in a huge game. The only fear you may have is how will Raycroft react, but there isn't much founded fear until he gives you reason to be afraid, and as of yet, that just hasn't happened.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love

Hmmm no doubt Koivu, Ribeiro, Bulis, Zednik, Perrault, Ryder ect.... have won a lot more playoff game, no doubt they're all playoff mercenary

Old
03-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Hmmm no doubt Koivu, Ribeiro, Bulis, Zednik, Perrault, Ryder ect.... have won a lot more playoff game, no doubt they're all playoff mercenary
Koivu and Zednik have actually had quite a bit of playoff success. Perreault has a lot of experience as well, as does Bulis. Only Ryder(rookie) and Ribeiro(first full season) lack the experience. But in 2002, we had a team who relied upon Theo, who had very little experience, and look how that turned out.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:06 PM
PecaFan

Hey, you're playing great. But you still don't get "contender" status until you have home ice advantage in round 1. At the rate you're going, you might just get there.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Le Golie

I consider myself pretty unbiased, definitely not a Hab fan, however they are contenders in my opinion. They have been playing great hockey, just like about 12 other teams that are legitimate contenders.

NHL playoffs are stacked with IF's, whichever team puts it all together for 2 months will win.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:10 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
I consider myself pretty unbiased, definitely not a Hab fan, however they are contenders in my opinion. They have been playing great hockey, just like about 12 other teams that are legitimate contenders.

NHL playoffs are stacked with IF's, whichever team puts it all together for 2 months will win.

perfectly said thats why i dont agree with this thread is becuase there are alote of contenders this year.
who ever wants it the most will win it this year.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:19 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
IF my aunt had a ____ she'd be my uncle.
buddy EVERY team has its "if's"
so dont be telling me about your aunt/uncle.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:24 PM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
the Devils.. etc..
That's not saying a whole lot. NJ isn't a very good/healthy team right now.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Magnus Fulgur

As a B's fan, I think the Habs have every much a chance at the finals as TB, BOS, OTT, PHI, and TOR. They're one of the ten best teams right now. They're definitely contenders.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:25 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Here's a big one...

IF Colorado, Detroit, San Jose, Toronto, Ottawa or New Jersey make the playoffs, the Habs will not win the Cup.
"if" i care about your opinion then im an idiot.
why have the playoffs "if" people had your mentality.
you must be sour about something.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:30 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
The fan base deserves it, because of crap like this. You win a game against a contender riddled with injuries and suddenly you are seeing the '76 Habs.

Or like when you try to trade away crap like Brisebois for Gaborik.

As for the explanation of why you're not a contender...well, isn't it obvious? Win a friggin playoff round sometime this decade and then we'll talk.

Ever notice that Detroit, Colorado and New Jersey win the Cup every year? It will happen again this year too.

Mark my words, Montreal will NEVER be a contender unless there is a salary cap. It's not about them not spending, it's that Montreal doesn't have good players like the contenders do.

You aren't even as good as Toronto.

Get real.
buddy relax we beat hellava lot better teams then the aves reasontly no need to get angry i mean 1 fan expressed his view and your all over him, just relax take a pill and sleep it off, your anger is making you post some very stupid theads right now.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I never said that. You must have taken that the wrong way. I was just trying to say that the habs have no reason to fear inexperience. There's nothing wrong with the B's, they are a good team who made some nice additions at the deadline, and knocked off a pretty good Toronto team tonight in a huge game. The only fear you may have is how will Raycroft react, but there isn't much founded fear until he gives you reason to be afraid, and as of yet, that just hasn't happened.
I didn't quote you.

Old
#44_delivers

Quote:
Not sour, realistic.

The Habs aren't that great a team. Good? yes. Great? Not even a little bit.

And that's ok. They aren't expected to be great.

If you think they are going to win the Cup, let's make a wager on it. What do you say?
you paypal registered? gimmi vegas odds on the habs and we'll wager on it.

Old
HF-Addict

Quote:
The fan base deserves it, because of crap like this. You win a game against a contender riddled with injuries and suddenly you are seeing the '76 Habs.

As for the explanation of why you're not a contender...well, isn't it obvious? Win a friggin playoff round sometime this decade and then we'll talk.

Ever notice that Detroit, Colorado and New Jersey win the Cup every year? It will happen again this year too.

Mark my words, Montreal will NEVER be a contender unless there is a salary cap. It's not about them not spending, it's that Montreal doesn't have good players like the contenders do.

Get real.

Yeah after all, if ur best players were healthy, you would have won the game hands down. AVS FOR THE CUP.

Here is someone that hopes u won't be injured during the play-off, after all, injuries stop you from winning against a Habs team

Old
03-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
The fan base "deserves it" is utter baloney. You judge teams by their players, not their fans.

Quote:
Which has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
I guess you missed two years ago when they upset Boston.

Quote:

Finally, a statement that is about stuff that matters.

Quote:

Get real.
I'm not a Habs fan.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:36 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Nobody is angry. There's no reason to be. The Avs lost a meaningless regular season game. I am waaaaay past the point in my life where I get angry about a first place team losing a game in March.

Maybe the regular season means something to you because you are used to the regular season being the only time your team plays, but no loss before May is going to bother me.
the only thing that matters is the cup, but according to your mentality we might as well not cheer our team, there are ALOTE of teams that can win the cup this year not just the usual suspects.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:42 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Upset?

I didn't think contenders could "upset" anyone. Wow.
wtf are you talking about they were never contenders 2 years ago thus "upset"
if you dont understand thats just sad.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Upset?

Perhaps you should try making points relevant to the topic. Two years ago they were the 8 seed and Boston was the 1 seed, thus they upset the Bruins. It has little to no bearing on the topic at hand, the thread isn't about were they contenders then.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:43 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
wtf are you talking about they were never contenders 2 years ago thus "upset"
if you dont understand thats just sad.
Trying to get away with a bit of dignity. That's just fine.

Whatever, in 93, when the habs last won the cup, how many points did the habs have????And were they consider contenders at this time???(Did HF-Boards even exist in 93??)

I'm too lazy to search

Old
03-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Snakeeye

Montreal is the 7th seed. If they are legit contenders at 7, then the Flames are legit contenders at 6, while Nashville is also a legit contender at 7.

Didnt think you Hab fans would agree?

Montreal is playing very, very, very well, but they are not an elite team in the NHL. Not even close. they will be an underdog thoughout the playoffs. They are not legit contenders.

Old
03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Upset?

This is the single dumbest thing said in this thread. 2 years ago they weren't contenders. They made the playoffs on outstanding goaltending. 2 years ago, Tampa Bay were only contending for the 1st overall pick, this year they are the best team in the nhl. I guess they aren't contenders either.......

Closed Thread